Best all purpose scrubber/CRB | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Best all purpose scrubber/CRB

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
Hey everyone.

I have been renting an Austrian CRB by the day, when I think I am going to need it. I have been doing most of my jobs for property managers, and I end up doing a lot of encapsulation in hallways and such. At the last building I was in, I noticed that their units had original hardwood floors, but they were really dirty. Basically, the owner lets the floors get so dirty until they have to cover it with cheap vinyl. I am going to do a demonstration for the PM on hardwood with a CRB. They should be able to keep the hardwood clean enough that they don't need to cover it. I want a tool that can do wood/laminate floors, tile and grout, encapsulation carpet cleaning, and pre-scrubbing.

My thoughts on options:
1. Oreck Orbiter
2. Sebo Duo
3. Powr-Flite Multiwash
4. 175
6. A real CRB

Reactions: john martinez

john martinez

Dec 9, 2014
phoenix, az
www.facebook.com
Real Name
AZ NaTiVe Labor
Business Location
United States
Hey everyone.

I have been renting an Austrian CRB by the day, when I think I am going to need it. I have been doing most of my jobs for property managers, and I end up doing a lot of encapsulation in hallways and such. At the last building I was in, I noticed that their units had original hardwood floors, but they were really dirty. Basically, the owner lets the floors get so dirty until they have to cover it with cheap vinyl. I am going to do a demonstration for the PM on hardwood with a CRB. They should be able to keep the hardwood clean enough that they don't need to cover it. I want a tool that can do wood/laminate floors, tile and grout, encapsulation carpet cleaning, and pre-scrubbing.

My thoughts on options:
1. Oreck Orbiter
2. Sebo Duo
3. Powr-Flite Multiwash
4. 175
6. A real CRB
I use the Oreck Orbiter with Bonnet Pro cotton bonnets for encapsulation on stairs and tight spots on carpet areas and it does a great job and is light enough to manage on stairs. Not sure what the Sebo Duo is. I use the Powr-Flite MultiWash for hard floor cleaning of all types and the reason I believe it's superior to other "real" CRBs is because it picks up the dirty solution as it cleans while "real" CRBs leave the dirty solution on the floor. Of course when the edging has been done with a hand tool and middle has been done with the MultiWash the floor will need to be thoroughly rinsed with a mop and bucket with plain water and then I always finish with a microfiber mop to eliminate water marks. It can also be use to agitate the carpet fibers but I don't use it for this because VLM cleaning with cotton bonnets under a 20" floor machine I feel does even better agitation while cleaning. The 175 I use for encapsulation carpet cleaning using Bonnet Pro cotton bonnets as I stated I believe Ironman blend. I'd also recommend this tool along with red or black pads to clean dirty wood laminate floors and the because the dirty solution will be left behind it will need to be PU maybe with MultiWash first followed with a hurricane mop and bucket changing out the water as necessary and finish with a few microfiber mops for a spotless finish. For a "real" CRB I don't own one but I'm sure it would do great agitation before traditional hwe carpet cleaning.

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
I use the Oreck Orbiter with Bonnet Pro cotton bonnets for encapsulation on stairs and tight spots on carpet areas and it does a great job and is light enough to manage on stairs. Not sure what the Sebo Duo is. I use the Powr-Flite MultiWash for hard floor cleaning of all types and the reason I believe it's superior to other "real" CRBs is because it picks up the dirty solution as it cleans while "real" CRBs leave the dirty solution on the floor. Of course when the edging has been done with a hand tool and middle has been done with the MultiWash the floor will need to be thoroughly rinsed with a mop and bucket with plain water and then I always finish with a microfiber mop to eliminate water marks. It can also be use to agitate the carpet fibers but I don't use it for this because VLM cleaning with cotton bonnets under a 20" floor machine I feel does even better agitation while cleaning. The 175 I use for encapsulation carpet cleaning using Bonnet Pro cotton bonnets as I stated I believe Ironman blend. I'd also recommend this tool along with red or black pads to clean dirty wood laminate floors and the because the dirty solution will be left behind it will need to be PU maybe with MultiWash first followed with a hurricane mop and bucket changing out the water as necessary and finish with a few microfiber mops for a spotless finish. For a "real" CRB I don't own one but I'm sure it would do great agitation before traditional hwe carpet cleaning.
Thanks. I think I will look for a used 175. Seems to be the best all around tool. I really like the Oreck for an all around tool. I am concerned the Oreck does not have enough weight behind it to really scrub those dense CGD carpets. Even a proper CRB has trouble digging in.

Reactions: john martinez

john martinez

Dec 9, 2014
phoenix, az
www.facebook.com
Real Name
AZ NaTiVe Labor
Business Location
United States
Thanks. I think I will look for a used 175. Seems to be the best all around tool. I really like the Oreck for an all around tool. I am concerned the Oreck does not have enough weight behind it to really scrub those dense CGD carpets. Even a proper CRB has trouble digging in.
I agree that's why I only use the Oreck for stairs and tight spaces and the 20" 175 everywhere else. A 17" would work great too