Been waiting two months on website

MPR

Mar 10, 2014
Illinois
Real Name
Mike Raimer
Business Location
United States
I wanted to get away from Go-Daddy and went with Sinclair Broadcasting to create and host the website. It has now been three months and still no website. They first indicated they would be able to keep my original website address, now they indicate their relationship with go daddy isn't as strong as they thought and that Go Daddy will not release the ownership. I went with this company for several reasons, but primarily was their reputation and I thought they would have a department (primarily because I was told they did) who could create and host the site. Needless to say, I sent them information to use on the website and their response was that I sent them too much. How can you send too much information when designing a website. As a designer, you pick and choose to create a story and go from there. This has been a frustrating experience all around.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Hey did not I gave you an estimate on how much it would be to build you a webpage on a strong framework?

Now, all you have to do is cry about your decision and move on.

cancel with those guys. go daddy never holds you hostage they release your domain in a matter of minutes. here is the thing.

this company will want you to buy a new domain for which they will have all the rights and you none. If you ever cancel on them guess how much its is going to cost your domain?

hint: anywhere within 10 to 15 K

Sorry.

Reactions: wandwizard

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
I wanted to get away from Go-Daddy and went with Sinclair Broadcasting to create and host the website. It has now been three months and still no website. They first indicated they would be able to keep my original website address, now they indicate their relationship with go daddy isn't as strong as they thought and that Go Daddy will not release the ownership. I went with this company for several reasons, but primarily was their reputation and I thought they would have a department (primarily because I was told they did) who could create and host the site. Needless to say, I sent them information to use on the website and their response was that I sent them too much. How can you send too much information when designing a website. As a designer, you pick and choose to create a story and go from there. This has been a frustrating experience all around.

If you have a site with Godaddy please please don't transfer it to another company. Godaddy is a great REGISTER! Not so good in the hosting department. I recommend going with Hostgator or a new host called SiteGround (in the process of working out a huge transfer to them now). Both host allow for your site to be built on a Wordpress Platform. Or you can talk to Tre and see if TMF can help get your site situated if you don't want to build it yourself.

But seriously STOP what you're currently doing before you loose your URL to a company that doesn't seem to have morals or values.

As others have said, ALWAYS keep your URL.

I am banging my head right now... Please don't make that transfer!!! It sounds so suspicious and Godaddy is one of the easiest registers to transfer in and out of....

Keep us Posted... If you need a walk through on your account let me know and I can break down to you your current account...

Good Luck!
Tiffany

MPR

Mar 10, 2014
Illinois
Real Name
Mike Raimer
Business Location
United States
If you have a site with Godaddy please please don't transfer it to another company. Godaddy is a great REGISTER! Not so good in the hosting department. I recommend going with Hostgator or a new host called SiteGround (in the process of working out a huge transfer to them now). Both host allow for your site to be built on a Wordpress Platform. Or you can talk to Tre and see if TMF can help get your site situated if you don't want to build it yourself.

But seriously STOP what you're currently doing before you loose your URL to a company that doesn't seem to have morals or values.

As others have said, ALWAYS keep your URL.

I am banging my head right now... Please don't make that transfer!!! It sounds so suspicious and Godaddy is one of the easiest registers to transfer in and out of....

Keep us Posted... If you need a walk through on your account let me know and I can break down to you your current account...

Good Luck!
Tiffany
I tried to keep website address, but go daddy wanted me to pay a monthly fee. I even had the new company call and they indicated they usually work hand in hand with go daddy and they couldnt get a release either.

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
I tried to keep website address, but go daddy wanted me to pay a monthly fee. I even had the new company call and they indicated they usually work hand in hand with go daddy and they couldnt get a release either.
Something is amiss here! I have several domains registered with Godaddy - I own them and pay a yearly renewal fee same as any other domain registar. If you registered your domain with go daddy you should be able to log into your account and see your domain. If you want you can PM me your login and I'll take a look at whats going on - just change your password after if you want. Sounds like you are getting hosed (or about too). I have never even heard of the outfit you mentioned above.
When I build a site for someone I normally have it up and running in a week!!

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Apr 26, 2012
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States

If you're paying a monthly fee for GoDaddy you might have them as a hosting company as well. GoDaddy as a URL Register is a yearly to five year fee. I am currently reading about GoDaddy scams. If you let your URL lapse, scam artist can look at the sites that are expiring and purchase it and then pretend to by Godaddy and get you to pay a monthly fee. It is pretty elaborate scam. Did you let your URL expire? If you did is it still in your GoDaddy account?

~Tiffany

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Tiff is correct! you are paying for hosting more likely. thus the monthly fee. You don't ever own that domain or any domain you rent domains and have all rights on them as long as the "rent" is up to date. I would have rugman or Tiff look into this ASAP. before someone else rents the domain and charges you tons of cash to transfer the "lease"

Act now!

Kevin Lietz

Dec 9, 2016
Ogden, UT
www.revolutionfloorcare.com
Real Name
Kevin Lietz
Business Location
United States
Just for clarification on this... our website, I registered it through google... what to you mean by "ownership"... you still end up paying a monthly or annual fee to google or go daddy or whomever right? I just dont want to end up in the same boat by "accidentally transferring". Ours is being run off bluehost, but I'm doing the design myself via Adobe

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
Just for clarification on this... our website, I registered it through google... what to you mean by "ownership"... you still end up paying a monthly or annual fee to google or go daddy or whomever right? I just dont want to end up in the same boat by "accidentally transferring". Ours is being run off bluehost, but I'm doing the design myself via Adobe
You buy (or rent) your domain name - abccarpet .com. your hosting (where your website lives) is monthly or yearly. You can point you domain name anywhere you want to host. I didn't know you could register a domain on google.

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Apr 26, 2012
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
You buy (or rent) your domain name - abccarpet .com. your hosting (where your website lives) is monthly or yearly. You can point you domain name anywhere you want to host. I didn't know you could register a domain on google.
Yup with Google Suite you can get your own domain name. They contract through enom.com

Kevin Lietz

Dec 9, 2016
Ogden, UT
www.revolutionfloorcare.com
Real Name
Kevin Lietz
Business Location
United States
Yeah they are a registrar only. One of the graphic designers here in town pointed it out to me while i was shopping for a truck wrapper.

Pro Steam Carpet Care

Apr 1, 2017
Real Name
Matt Lowery
Business Location
United States
Always own your domain and phone number. Repeating....Always own your domain and phone number.

And for Gods Sake do not, I repeat DO NOT get into any relationship with 99 calls or any company promising leads, they will use a forwarding number on the website, list your address and jack up your internet listings to hell and back.

Reactions: Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Apr 26, 2012
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States

Are you sure the company is called Sinclair Broadcasting?

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
And for Gods Sake do not, I repeat DO NOT get into any relationship with 99 calls or any company promising leads, they will use a forwarding number on the website, list your address and jack up your internet listings to hell and back.
Nothing wrong with a good lead gen company - just make sure they build their own assets and send the leads to you without touching your website and ph#. I have seen too many times where cleaners and others let their online ID get hijacked!