Been trying to sell my Amtex | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Been trying to sell my Amtex

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
This is good advice. Thank you. I'm really excited and very humbled. I've been looking into the little giant heater system for a while and now have a great excuse to pull the trigger. Awesome.
If you get the Little Giant, get the High Pressure or HP model so you can do tile and grout. I had a #3 but Les Judson suggest you run a #4 Little Giant for unlimited heat. I would run out of heat when doing T&G with my #3 LG.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
do your research before getting fuel heat......
those of us who will be honest know that it isnt fullproof......

most overburns on kero heaters are contained......and are not explosive....

but if you get a fire on propane it will explode and destroy your van in most cases and if too close to the house it will catch the house on fire...........

Joshua Johnson

Sep 7, 2013
do your research before getting fuel heat......
those of us who will be honest know that it isnt fullproof......

most overburns on kero heaters are contained......and are not explosive....

but if you get a fire on propane it will explode and destroy your van in most cases and if too close to the house it will catch the house on fire...........
Wow, that's quite a caveat. Thank you.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Awesome!! Thank you Allied!!! 1st Choice is right. Its about a week round trip from N.Cal. I'll fly out and rent a Uhaul. Spring Break would probably work out best for logistical reasons.

I'm humbled and grateful. Thank you so very much.

My business email is: ukiahccc@gmail.com

Ttys.
The week of the Mar 25th is our spring break. Flying in and uhauling it back is a good idea. Let me know if that is the same week you were thinking of.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
It is worth the expense to try. I know the Amtex has its detractors, but if I can get it installed properly and maintain it well... it would save much time and expense in my upgrade from the portable.

I have about a year to get it together before the move to a larger area, where a portable just wouldn't cut it.

I would never disparage someone's selfless generosity, even if it didn't work out.
It would be cool if you would start a thread after you pick it up. TMF members can probably talk you through the fixes.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Right. Makes sense, and would be much easer than running it thru the van's exhaust system.

I really like the concept around the Little Giant. So simple... just needs a well-mounted propane tank and some common sense.
A little giant is what i run now. Good set up for an O/O CC.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
The Blower, and the motor on that unit are fine. You'll need to add a waterbed, get a little giant heater and you should be good. Ben Saney chokes down the blower inlet or maybe it's the outlet, I can't remember, but it effects your vacuum. They do this to generate heat. So as I said go with fuel fired heat and open up your blower.
This!

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Wow, that's quite a caveat. Thank you.
Yes and no. Lots of scary stories about propane sysyems, most due to negligence and lack of good maintenance practices. I still believe fuel fired heat is best for us owner operator CCs...where we are at the job each day ensuring its safe usage.

Reactions: Joshua Johnson

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Awesome!! Thank you Allied!!! 1st Choice is right. Its about a week round trip from N.Cal. I'll fly out and rent a Uhaul. Spring Break would probably work out best for logistical reasons.

I'm humbled and grateful. Thank you so very much.

My business email is: ukiahccc@gmail.com

Ttys.
Emailed you my info.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Call him, if the new owner listens to me he'll be getting fuel fired heat. I gave my Heat Exchangers to @Todd the Cleaner off my Amwreck.

Sold my motor, blower, pump, water tanks and frame to @Pinosan for $2k.
I'll let Joshua sell the HXs to whomever...that will help him offset the cost of the trip.

I want nothing out of this financially. Knowing I helped someone out is all I need.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
You gotta be really really sloppy to blow your van up running a little giant. Propane doesnt just explode, its only combustible as a vapor.

Problem is theres guys out there running 30yr old little giants in a messy van with trash all over the place. Recipe for disaster.

• Wow
Reactions: Odin and Allied

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
You gotta be really really sloppy to blow your van up running a little giant. Propane doesnt just explode, its only combustible as a vapor.

Problem is theres guys out there running 30yr old little giants in a messy van with trash all over the place. Recipe for disaster.
Exactly

Joshua Johnson

Sep 7, 2013
Yes and no. Lots of scary stories about propane sysyems, most due to negligence and lack of good maintenance practices. I still believe fuel fired heat is best for us owner operator CCs...where we are at the job each day ensuring its safe usage.
I heard Rob say something about using exchangers in his vans to keep it simple, and safe, for his techs. Makes sense for his peace of mind too.

Reactions: LeeRoy and Joe cool