Been trying to sell my Amtex

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Awesome!! Thank you Allied!!! 1st Choice is right. Its about a week round trip from N.Cal. I'll fly out and rent a Uhaul. Spring Break would probably work out best for logistical reasons.

I'm humbled and grateful. Thank you so very much.

My business email is: ukiahccc@gmail.com

Ttys.

By Spring Break you may be cursing him. LOL :)

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
I have posted several times on TMF about selling my 20/36 Amtex Inferno (2013). No takers yet and I can understand why. Whatever issues these TM have can be corrected by re-plumbing it and replacing the 2 HXs for some sort of fuel fired heat. The engine, blower and pump work perfectly. Issues are exhaust and pressure side hose configuration.

Sooooooooooo...I have decided to donate it to a upstart TMF member (recipient picks up/GA).

Just need help selecting the person who deserves it.

@admin @toddthecleaner any ideas?

Thanks

View attachment 83594View attachment 83595
don't do it no good deed goes unpunished there will be hurt feelings.

Reactions: Joshua Johnson

Joshua Johnson

Sep 7, 2013
don't do it no good deed goes unpunished there will be hurt feelings.
It is worth the expense to try. I know the Amtex has its detractors, but if I can get it installed properly and maintain it well... it would save much time and expense in my upgrade from the portable.

I have about a year to get it together before the move to a larger area, where a portable just wouldn't cut it.

I would never disparage someone's selfless generosity, even if it didn't work out.

Reactions: Allied

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
It is worth the expense to try. I know the Amtex has its detractors, but if I can get it installed properly and maintain it well... it would save much time and expense in my upgrade from the portable.

I have about a year to get it together before the move to a larger area, where a portable just wouldn't cut it.

I would never disparage someone's selfless generosity, even if it didn't work out.
dont get rid of your portable though. you'll end up charging more for jobs when you need to use it.

Joshua Johnson

Sep 7, 2013
You can make it work, worst case just eliminate the known faulty parts and get a separate heater
Right. Makes sense, and would be much easer than running it thru the van's exhaust system.

I really like the concept around the Little Giant. So simple... just needs a well-mounted propane tank and some common sense.

Reactions: Allied

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
call ben at amtex....
he sells kero heaters for his TMs

talked to him this week....
he has made changes on the burners for carpet cleaning use...

Joshua Johnson

Sep 7, 2013
call ben at amtex....
he sells kero heaters for his TMs

talked to him this week....
he has made changes on the burners for carpet cleaning use...
Thanks for the tip Anderson. Will do. The only reservation I have about kerosene is the smell. Is it a real issue?

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
deisel smell - yes...pouring and burning

kerosene - no smell.....only when you pour it...not when it burns

he sells the same heaters i have been using for 15 years.....
safest fuel available......

Reactions: Joshua Johnson

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
The Blower, and the motor on that unit are fine. You'll need to add a waterbed, get a little giant heater and you should be good. Ben Saney chokes down the blower inlet or maybe it's the outlet, I can't remember, but it effects your vacuum. They do this to generate heat. So as I said go with fuel fired heat and open up your blower.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I was going to offer him $1000 for the two heat exchangers.

Call him, if the new owner listens to me he'll be getting fuel fired heat. I gave my Heat Exchangers to @Todd the Cleaner off my Amwreck.

Sold my motor, blower, pump, water tanks and frame to @Pinosan for $2k.

Reactions: LeeRoy

Joshua Johnson

Sep 7, 2013
The Blower, and the motor on that unit are fine. You'll need to add a waterbed, get a little giant heater and you should be good. Ben Saney chokes down the blower inlet or maybe it's the outlet, I can't remember, but it effects your vacuum. They do this to generate heat. So as I said go with fuel fired heat and open up your blower.
This is good advice. Thank you. I'm really excited and very humbled. I've been looking into the little giant heater system for a while and now have a great excuse to pull the trigger. Awesome.