wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Welcome to the forum. I always wondered what happened to Snake after he got out of Los Angeles. That was 20 years ago so I guess you had some odd jobs in between huh?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Welcome to TMF. I also worked as an employee for 17 years at Coit before starting my own business. It's the best thing I ever did.

Reactions: Lars

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
I had jokes but then I realized...which snake are you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Snake Plisken

Oct 6, 2016
Real Name
Braden Workman
Im located in Columbus, Oh Im picking up a 2010 chevy express with a white magic direct drive this weekend. I have done carpet repair, dye, cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, color sealing, upholstety, area rugs, and water samage resoration. Years ago when I first got started I also did some fire stuff. Started working for my uncle in this business when I was 14 years old and went on to be the production manager for a large business here in columbus. Tired of making other people money at the age of 34 I decided to take a leap of faith.

Lars

Apr 8, 2011
CA
manhattanbeachcarpetcleaners.net
Real Name
Lars Crampton
Business Location
United States
Im located in Columbus, Oh Im picking up a 2010 chevy express with a white magic direct drive this weekend. I have done carpet repair, dye, cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, color sealing, upholstety, area rugs, and water samage resoration. Years ago when I first got started I also did some fire stuff. Started working for my uncle in this business when I was 14 years old and went on to be the production manager for a large business here in columbus. Tired of making other people money at the age of 34 I decided to take a leap of faith.
Very cool congratulations.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Awesome, I got started in the industry in 2002 working for a Servpro in Toledo

Go Buck

Will C

Jul 23, 2016
Real Name
Will Pope
Welcome... With all that experience I wouldn't consider it a "leap of faith". I started my business without ever cleaning a single carpet. HA!!
Me too. Matter of fact, just did my first job today. Got rid of some dog commit caused by medicine (dog died anyway) and a bunch of cat vomit caused by hairballs. Also cleaned the heavily soiled traffic area at the entryway, kitchen, and hallway entering the bathroom. The apartment complex had already called 3 different cleaners out and either they couldn't or wouldn't do the job right. I did. Client was very pleased. Called me her hero. I know I'm no hero, but it feels great to help someone out and get paid nicely to do so! Never made $65hr before... Looking to get faster quickly to make even more!

Sent from my SM-G930T using TMF Forums mobile app

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Me too. Matter of fact, just did my first job today. Got rid of some dog commit caused by medicine (dog died anyway) and a bunch of cat vomit caused by hairballs. Also cleaned the heavily soiled traffic area at the entryway, kitchen, and hallway entering the bathroom. The apartment complex had already called 3 different cleaners out and either they couldn't or wouldn't do the job right. I did. Client was very pleased. Called me her hero. I know I'm no hero, but it feels great to help someone out and get paid nicely to do so! Never made $65hr before... Looking to get faster quickly to make even more!

Congrats on the job! Don't worry about your speed getting started, worry about doing the best job possible even if it takes twice as long as you think it should. Also I know the money is great and that's why we do what we do but remember to set some money from each job aside for upgrades, advertising and repairs.

Reactions: Will C

Will C

Jul 23, 2016
Real Name
Will Pope
Congrats on the job! Don't worry about your speed getting started, worry about doing the best job possible even if it takes twice as long as you think it should. Also I know the money is great and that's why we do what we do but remember to set some money from each job aside for upgrades, advertising and repairs.
And for taxes... Got any tips on how to keep high pressure hoses from getting kinked up without a hose reel?

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
And for taxes... Got any tips on how to keep high pressure hoses from getting kinked up without a hose reel?

I hand rolled mine for about 2 years, pretty easy as long as you roll them the same way each time.

Will C

Jul 23, 2016
Real Name
Will Pope
I hand rolled mine for about 2 years, pretty easy as long as you roll them the same way each time.
Guess I just need practice. Made a bigger loop today, which helped some, but it still got all twisted up. I'm seriously considering a couple of 25' hide-a-hoses if someone makes them. If not, I might try to make my own.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Guess I just need practice. Made a bigger loop today, which helped some, but it still got all twisted up. I'm seriously considering a couple of 25' hide-a-hoses if someone makes them. If not, I might try to make my own.

Go to wal mart or your hardware store and pick up a few of these electric cord reels. They are about $10 each and each one will hold a 50 foot solution hose.

envy

Mar 12, 2015
Real Name
Aaron R

It's ok if they loop a little. When I pull hose from my reel, they go into a figure 8 and that's how I bring them into the home.

Also, if you're hand rolling, I found it easier to start in the middle and bring both sides to you. That might not make sense but I know for sure that you'll find something that works for you.

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States

When you hand roll them lay the whole solution line out straight that way when you are rolling it the hose can twist and turn without kinking itself up. If you try to do it and its all coiled up in a 5' are you will get frustrated and take 5 times as long doing it.