BBQ / GRILLS / SMOKERS - RECIPES, TECHNIQUES | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

BBQ / GRILLS / SMOKERS - RECIPES, TECHNIQUES

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
View attachment 88365

My grill doubles as a deep fry station on Sunday's. We blast through 8 dz wings typically, Diego my son in law whacks 2 dz himself. That boy can eat.
Looks good

Do you have any experience cooking water buffalo I know it’s pretty lean. Possibly getting a steer this week along with a goat.

Was gonna work mostly slow and low and probably sous-vide also

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Looks good

Do you have any experience cooking water buffalo I know it’s pretty lean. Possibly getting a steer this week along with a goat.

Was gonna work mostly slow and low and probably sous-vide also
I have never had it, but definitely want to hear how it goes. Keep us updated.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I have never had it, but definitely want to hear how it goes. Keep us updated.
Super nice old guy delivered our steer and goat today. Woop woop

Super stoked. I’ll let you know after 10 days or so how good they are!

Attachments

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Super nice old guy delivered our steer and goat today. Woop woop

Super stoked. I’ll let you know after 10 days or so how good they are!
See, once I've been introduced to an animal, I can't bring myself to eat it. Dad's family used to do pig-pickins up at Kerr, and if I went along to select the hog, I couldn't eat that weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: Spazznout

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
See, once I've been introduced to an animal, I can't bring myself to eat it. Dad's family used to do pig-pickins up at Kerr, and if I went along to select the hog, I couldn't eat that weekend.
What about the following weekend lol

Me and my boy will be there for the slaughter and gutting

Reactions: Spazznout

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
What about the following weekend lol

Me and my boy will be there for the slaughter and gutting
Nope. I'm a complete and utter baby that way. Can't even eat meat on the bone. Steaks and chicken must be boneless. I've never eaten a chicken wing.

Go ahead and laugh at me for it, I do it all the time. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Nope. I'm a complete and utter baby that way. Can't even eat meat on the bone. Steaks and chicken must be boneless. I've never eaten a chicken wing.

What! Everything tastes better with the bone cooked with it imo. Chicken wings! No bones wow you’re missing out on life lol

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
What! Everything tastes better with the bone cooked with it imo. Chicken wings! No bones wow you’re missing out on life lol
I probably am, lol. Oddly enough, I'm quite comfortable taking an entire poultry carcass (post-roasting) and making bone broth out of it. I guess because the end result doesn't resemble the animal from whence it came.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States

What if you cut really good wings away from the bone and then eat them?

Shake them in bread flour, fry crispy until the oil slows (you can tell by the sound) and bath them in 1/3 honey, 1/3 Frank's, 1/3 texas pete and a really heavy hand with the Heinz malt vinegar! Thank me later

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I've stopped for oil filters in my local John Deere shop. That's what I found. Huge Weber grill was priced at $2500. All SS and huge...
They had 6 models of Traeger ... Which one do you prefer, guys, 870 or some other model . No experience at all, what do you prefer, pellets or charcoal ?

Attachments

Reactions: Rory henderson

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I've stopped for oil filters in my local John Deere shop. That's what I found. Huge Weber grill was priced at $2500. All SS and huge...
They had 6 models of Traeger ... Which one do you prefer, guys, 870 or some other model . No experience at all, what do you prefer, pellets or charcoal ?
I’ve never used the others but i love my Traeger 870.

Reactions: ACP and Luky

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
The first one is a big green egg knock off, if its not full ceramic dont bother plus thats way over priced.

An XL egg is about 2500 but their patent ran out at some point so pit boss, kamado joe and a few others make essentially the same thing for around $800

I love my egg you can make some amazing food in those. Traegers are easier to use but pellets arent the same as real hardwoods

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
The first one is a big green egg knock off, if its not full ceramic dont bother plus thats way over priced.

An XL egg is about 2500 but their patent ran out at some point so pit boss, kamado joe and a few others make essentially the same thing for around $800

I love my egg you can make some amazing food in those. Traegers are easier to use but pellets arent the same as real hardwoods
Pit boss is a much smaller unit though. Pretty short and the internal height is pretty short. I looked at the biggest one at Wally’s world and it wouldn’t fit my Dutch oven in it

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I know my Traeger is super convenient and gets a decent smoke on low temps and the consistency of heat really is nice. I wouldn’t mind a nice deep pit for whole pigs goats and lamb

Reactions: ACP

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
I have the 870 & love it!

Reactions: MikeGaure

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
@Luky, you should consider a basic offset firebox smoker. You can even cold smoke in one with an electric hot plate and a cast iron skillet, perfect for fish and cheese. They require some babysitting, but that's the fun part.

Reactions: ACP and Luky

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I have an XL pitboss its huge brother. Same size as the xxl green egg
Must be a different model that Walmart carries because I wanna Walmart was tiny it was the biggest one they had