BBQ / GRILLS / SMOKERS - RECIPES, TECHNIQUES

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
We've competed against full food service food trailers out of a pick-up, one teamss smoker was longer than my 4 door long bed pick up. Flavor can't be bought.
Next time you bag a deer, remember your dear little loving sister with a tenderloin, wouldja? Now I want to roast it with bacon and slivered garlic...

Reactions: Jim Davisson

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss

Roast Pork tonight...
Cmon crackle don’t let me down
Supermarket boneless leg
They have started vac sealing portions in a lot of supermarkets here so drying out the skin is essential
Didn’t have time to dry skin out overnight
So only a few hours with salt flakes and olive oil. Rubbed off each 30min and redone
Rubbed with Lanes garlic and sweet heat combo and a little HardCore Carnivore RED
Started at 425 to get the crackle going

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
When my father was still alive (he was a butcher and a chef) we made various homemade liqueurs Friday night before a BBQ of butts, ribs and brisket for 20-30 people (my dad threw a banger party once a month whether it was a holiday or not and people still talk about them years on to me) along with killer baked beans, slaw and potatoe casserole, these two recipes for Baby Guinness' however stole the show with the guys and especially the gals every time.

Patron XO Cafe:
Put 2 cups of hot tap water in an 8 cup measuring bowl with 1/2 c instant coffee then add 2½ c brown sugar and nuke for 2 mins.

Simultaneously do the following:

Bailey's:
Add 2 c Canadian whisky to the blender, 4 c half and half, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 2 tbs pure vanilla and 1/4 c chocolate syrup, blend well.

Then to the remaining Patron recipe:
Add 2 cups decent agave tequila, 2 tbs pure vanilla, 2 tbs coffee extract and force chill.

Because the specific gravities are similar they don't layer like a cold traditional Baby Guinness will, but they taste better... This drink always let's the good times roll, without being overpowering for anyone involved. Cheers

If you happen to try them, let me know how your crowd liked them!

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss

Got some beef short ribs in the Weber at the moment...
Lanes Brisket Rub, with some garlic ontop
Hickory smoke, wanted to try oak but store was out
I’ll try to remember the after pic, forgot about after pick of the the pork, but it was amazing, only half the skin crackled properly...damn annoying!! I’ve never had much trouble with crackle before the vac sealing trend with supermarket pork crackle except with an odd rare random fail which happens...vac sealed portions suck!!

Do you guys like Lamb??

Last edited:

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Those look great, nice smoke ring.

I've been seeing this k-rigg pressure smoker, but don't know anyone that has used one yet. I like pressure cooking results, so this can't be terrible, but disqualified for tournaments of course plus it's got a freaking motor on it!
View attachment 84882
those are awsome. for at home I cheat all the time.

3 or so hrs on the green egg, then transfer to the pressure cooker. Would be shot probably among the hardcore bbq guys but honestly the meat comes out so moist, very hard to keep that consistent moisture smoking for 18+hrs

plus once you have full smoke penetration your just battling trying to finish the inside vs drying it out too much

Last edited:

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
usda prime tri tip, reverse sear. edge to edge medium rare.

- sous vide 129f degrees 1hr
- hardcore carnivore black rub
- 1000+ degree finish

melts on your tounge
View attachment 85267
You like the Hard Core Carnivore Black??!
Was going to grab some but I still had some Other....that’s my next rub purchase!!

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
its really amazing.. not a ton of flavor which I like but has food grade charcoal so it sucks moisture into the meat. Gives you an awsome color. Ive never tried the red.
Bought some red the other day should have bought black!
The red is awesome designed for pork ribs says on the label
Very similar to LANES signature
But was amazing on the pork ribs I cooked last weekend, so tasty forgot the after pic haha
They look good enough to eat raw though

Reactions: ACP

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Bought some red the other day should have bought black!
The red is awesome designed for pork ribs says on the label
Very similar to LANES signature
But was amazing on the pork ribs I cooked last weekend, so tasty forgot the after pic haha
They look good enough to eat raw though
I bet those look amazing. curious how the pork differs in AUS.. I know u guys have some really good ranches there

Reactions: Ymetimme

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
since getting a sous vide a few years ago it has pretty much ruined fancy steakhouses for me. You can season with almost anything... but the 3 things that blow most steakhouses away are..

using usda prime, reverse sear, and an extremely high heat finish

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
So should I wrap these baby’s in foil after about 4-5 hours?
@ACP
@Jim Davisson
Pure smoke bark stops at 4 hours (you can't achieve anymore smoke flavor letting the meat drip itself to death, especially if you brined it right), wrap in tinfoil tight and cook for almost the remainder in a 225° smoker/oven. Remove and finish on the grill hot! To crisp again, let rest and serve. We have beat out food service trailers in competitions with the above method.
20190601_234025.jpg

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
I bet those look amazing. curious how the pork differs in AUS.. I know u guys have some really good ranches there
We have world class farms for evething...
The seafood in my state is world class
Oysters/abalone/tuna etc and gets flown fresh to Japan for huge money
In SE of my state we have Australia’s best beef/cattle station
@mayurastation wagyu is the best in Australia!!
And we have the best wine in the world...the Adelaide hills/Mclaren vale/Clare Valley and more so Barossa Valley are arguably superior to the French wine regions
Penfolds Grange is considered one of the best Shiraz wines in the world and it’s bottled about 20min from my house

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Latest posts