BBQ / GRILLS / SMOKERS - RECIPES, TECHNIQUES | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

BBQ / GRILLS / SMOKERS - RECIPES, TECHNIQUES

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I got a new grill/smoker combo last weekend so I have been searching for ideas, techniques and recipes as well. I have always just grilled hot and fast so bbq and smoker is new to me and I need figure it out.
I did use it last weekend and made spare ribs, chicken wings, sausages and potato bombs.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I got a new grill/smoker combo last weekend so I have been searching for ideas, techniques and recipes as well. I have always just grilled hot and fast so bbq and smoker is new to me and I need figure it out.
I did use it last weekend and made spare ribs, chicken wings, sausages and potato bombs.
I highly recommend the Smoke and Spice cook book. It's got rubs, sauces, side dishes and Q from around the country, from Down East style to Texas.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
I come to love my Broiler . Top Broiler
Fine restaurants broil there meat .
I pull up a chair and watch it with the door open , I can touch the bottom of the oven and it's only like warm .
20171121_173443.jpg

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
WHO LOVES THEIR BBQ?

WHAT ARE YOU COOKING?

SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT????
Ohh buddy i love me some bbq! That there looks good.
I use a weber kettle with a piece of stainless i folded to fit against side. Similar to smokenator. Holds probably 100+ briquettes plusca few apple wood chunks. Just drop in a few hot coals and they spread thoughout the ss slowly. Slow indirect cooking nice juicy steaks. Where is the drooling emoji.im so hungry now.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
Ohh buddy i love me some bbq! That there looks good.
I use a weber kettle with a piece of stainless i folded to fit against side. Similar to smokenator. Holds probably 100+ briquettes plusca few apple wood chunks. Just drop in a few hot coals and they spread thoughout the ss slowly. Slow indirect cooking nice juicy steaks. Where is the drooling emoji.im so hungry now.
Love my Weber!!
Got any pics of the stainless setup?

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
I come to love my Broiler . Top Broiler
Fine restaurants broil there meat .
I pull up a chair and watch it with the door open , I can touch the bottom of the oven and it's only like warm .View attachment 84765
Broiler=grill
Gas grills works awesome
You should try grilling over charcoal
Steaks flame grilled on the Weber can’t be beat

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
Just get an accurate temp gauge!!!
I love my igrill
I’m sure there’s better around but does me just fine!! It comes with 2 probes
But to be able to 4 temp probe inputs is awesome
Can have 1x ambient and 3 internal meat probes etc
And watch it all on your phone
Saves hassle

I haven’t been doing the low n slow stuff long either!!
Still getting it down!!
Beef short ribs are my favourite at the moment!!!!
Did some Black Angus shorties 2 weeks ago, wife said it was one of the nicest things she’s ever eaten

Getting stuck into the LANES BBQ RUBS they’re so tasty!!

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Love my Weber!!
Got any pics of the stainless setup?
Its a mess i last used it for burgers with lump wood. I usually will use upper grill or just place aluminum pan with steak or chicken down on lower coal grate. Down on lower grate they have a drum stick rack that works awsome. Chicken slides right off the bone.

Weber i think is the best of the store bought grills. Simple and effective. It holds up to the weather too. The grills need to be changed out every season because they are chromed. But they're cheap enough.
Screenshot_20190512-174718_Gallery.jpg

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
Its a mess i last used it for burgers with lump wood. I usually will use upper grill or just place aluminum pan with steak or chicken down on lower coal grate. Down on lower grate they have a drum stick rack that works awsome. Chicken slides right off the bone.

Weber i think is the best of the store bought grills. Simple and effective. It holds up to the weather too. The grills need to be changed out every season because they are chromed. But they're cheap enough. View attachment 84777
It’s supposed to be a mess!!
Down on the lower rack ey....
Have you seen the slow n sear setups?
Local guy makes a rip-off looks the goods!
Also been meaning to get a 44gal can make some spacers, a rotisserie ring and a pizza oven insert from 1 drum

There’s a bunch of cast iron top grill/grate setups that look cool!!

Been sooo gloomy, raining and cold here last few days too!! It’s not cold by US standards though. Rarely gets below 8C (46F) and I still wear shorts to work

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
It’s supposed to be a mess!!
Down on the lower rack ey....
Have you seen the slow n sear setups?
Local guy makes a rip-off looks the goods!
Also been meaning to get a 44gal can make some spacers, a rotisserie ring and a pizza oven insert from 1 drum

There’s a bunch of cast iron top grill/grate setups that look cool!!

Been sooo gloomy, raining and cold here last few days too!! It’s not cold by US standards though. Rarely gets below 8C (46F) and I still wear shorts to work
I need that iron. You season it. It'll be good so long as its maintained.

The barrels you need to be careful of. The ones used for food are best choice. They are lined witb epoxy. Can be sanded out or burned out. Oil drums are impregnated with oil and are almost always galvonized or plyed for rust protection. That stuff will make you sick.
If i remember right the weber lid and base fit tge 55gal drums nicely. Some creative R2D2 looking smoker builds on the internet.

Last edited:

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
I need that iron. You season it. It'll be good so long as its maintained.

The barrels you need to be careful of. The ones used for food are best choice. They are lined witb epoxy. Can be sanded out or burned out. Oil drums are impregnated with oil and are almost always galvonized or plyed for rust protection. That stuff will make you sick.
If i remember right the weber lid and base fit tge 55gal drums nicely. Some creative R2D2 looking smoker builds on the internet.
Thanks for the tip on the barrels!!
Oil was going to stay away from
A guy had some methylated spirit drums I was going to check out, they sounded safe but don’t know if they were galv??

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Thanks for the tip on the barrels!!
Oil was going to stay away from
A guy had some methylated spirit drums I was going to check out, they sounded safe but don’t know if they were galv??
Galvonized, zink plating... will be shinny silver or gold just like the bolts you buy from hardware store. When it burns it puts off a yellowish green smoke. Lined barrels for food typically its bare steel below the brown paint. Stainless is an option if you can find it.