BBQ Cleaning | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

BBQ Cleaning

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I put this in the power washing section because there is no BBQ cleaning section and this job came out as a result of my power washing the customer's driveway and walkways.

I have a nice stainless steel BBQ that the customer asked me to clean. I've never cleaned one of these before but I have a steamer and went for it. Well at the bottom of the BBQ whew all the grease and brunt up crap goes I just can not steam it clean. Is there something you guys use to get this stuff up? This is a really good client so I want thins job to come out looking like a new BBQ.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks!

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
We've cleaned some nasty ovens in our house cleaning, mr muscle works good just have to let it sit.

I'd like to try the stuff Ken mentioned, sometimes you can scrape some off with a hard plastic scraper

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
I put this in the power washing section because there is no BBQ cleaning section and this job came out as a result of my power washing the customer's driveway and walkways.

I have a nice stainless steel BBQ that the customer asked me to clean. I've never cleaned one of these before but I have a steamer and went for it. Well at the bottom of the BBQ whew all the grease and brunt up crap goes I just can not steam it clean. Is there something you guys use to get this stuff up? This is a really good client so I want thins job to come out looking like a new BBQ.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Oven cleaner from Sam's Club ?? Notice you're using a nylon brush on the steamer . Why no stainless brush ?? Not like it's the outside where scratches are noticed and it will be a whole lot better than the gunk shown . Don't think the customer would mind but always ask first . I've had good luck with Castrol Super Clean in the past and on the outside Cameo which is found in the cleaning section at Walmart . Think Cameo is an acid so I'd think that over before using it . I avoid this as well so your customer isn't alone !! Hmmm, another job for my steamer .
All the Best, Ed

Reactions: Mike Krall

Dust-Go

Apr 2, 2013
Real Name
Daniel Kite
Dry vapor steam will not remove carbonized grease. However, if you put the metal tip on there, the metal tip itself may get hot enough to break it up.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States

only a dork would attempt to clean that with a nylon tip :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Steve@GM

Apr 13, 2015
Will County, Illinois
Real Name
Steve Mentzer
Business Location
United States
Has anyone here used Suma Rotisserie & Oven cleaner from Johnson Diversey? I used the stuff on turbochef ovens and roller grills at gas stations and it literally melts the grease and dissolves the carbon buildup. I could get a black oven back to shiny with no scrubbing, just spray, dwell and wipe. Just gotta keep it away from aluminum...and your skin.

Pro Tip: Your fingertips will grow back, but the bonus is you won't have fingerprints for a while ;)

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Yupp the key is to keep it wet and dwell time.
Has anyone here used Suma Rotisserie & Oven cleaner from Johnson Diversey? I used the stuff on turbochef ovens and roller grills at gas stations and it literally melts the grease and dissolves the carbon buildup. I could get a black oven back to shiny with no scrubbing, just spray, dwell and wipe. Just gotta keep it away from aluminum...and your skin.

Pro Tip: Your fingertips will grow back, but the bonus is you won't have fingerprints for a while ;)
No fingerprints ?? Kind of like that . LOL !!
All the Best, Ed

Gemcleans

Apr 18, 2009
Elkhart, In.
Real Name
Alan Thornton
Business Location
United States
Groutmaster is the answer for everything. Give it a try and let us know how it works !!!

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States

Toss it & buy a new one!

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Toss it & buy a new one!
That's what's not gonna happen. This is a very expensive built in BBQ in a 2 million dollar home. I'm getting paid more to clean this then my entire BBQ cost me. $300 :)

Reactions: aloha one

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
That's what's not gonna happen. This is a very expensive built in BBQ in a 2 million dollar home. I'm getting paid more to clean this then my entire BBQ cost me. $300 :)
Still Cheaper to TOSS it! Rich Fuks don't know what wuz there?