Battle of CET (Cordless Extraction Tools) review

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Explain? It looked good all over except where the entryway was heavily soiled. I think it needed more flushing as it wicked and could benefitted from a little mist and bonnet. That is the most worn hall.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Rob unless you peed on the carpet or have a pumpkin shape shadow I see a spot close to where you are taking the picture from on the Zipper pic. I also see lines as if the jets were clogged. Maybe it's the lighting?

rccva

Jan 31, 2015
www.robertscarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Robert Webb
Business Location
United States
I appreciate the effort you put into this. Not many of us have the ability to test all these tools side by side, nor would take the time away from working to do it. This is a great example of all the many cleaning tools available to us and how this industry just keeps getting better. If we can't do quality work with everything available to us - then we need to go work at Walmart.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Rob unless you peed on the carpet or have a pumpkin shape shadow I see a spot close to where you are taking the picture from on the Zipper pic. I also see lines as if the jets were clogged. Maybe it's the lighting?
That pumpkin sized spot was a spill and high traffic area that in retrospect should have been rinsed more. Overall its the pic as the carpets looked very nice on all three. Pics don't always capture the true look.

Reactions: Mike Krall

Zarz

Feb 1, 2012
Victoria
Real Name
John Zahra
Business Location
Australia
Love my Cx15. I really look forward to my larger commercial jobs now. Great width for its tool type and the backward cleaning motion is a terrific break-up from the everyday wand style cleaning. I tried the Cx15 in residential and it was too awkward. Im pretty sure using a Bonzer or Zipper would also be a little awkward for residential. Thanks for going to this effort Rob. Dont care to know bout the Zipper v's Bonzer Wars but im thinking the Bonzer would be more practical than the Zipper in residential due to its wieght/size

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I think the bonzer should have been made at least 14in wide, if not 15/16in since its mainly for commercial.

Cleaning big wide open commercial with a 12inch tool is kinda like torture
My thought is they made the 1st one for residential and light to medium commercial. It wouldn't surprise me if they offer a 13-15" version like the Zipper for commercial.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
My thought is they made the 1st one for residential and light to medium commercial. It wouldn't surprise me if they offer a 13-15" version like the Zipper for commercial.

have you tried it in residential yet? is it light enough to maneuver around furniture etc? seems like you would have to switch tools for every closet or even a lot of angles around furniture

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
have you tried it in residential yet? is it light enough to maneuver around furniture etc? seems like you would have to switch tools for every closet or even a lot of angles around furniture
Thats my next test. Hopefully next week. I have been inundated with flood work.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
One of the unexpected bonuses from the Zipper is how great it is on flood work. It is my go to tool for commercial water extraction.

Sent from my SM-N920V using TMF Forums mobile app
Duel pick up heads on one wand is like limited slip wheels on a car. With so much water in carpet, they both work well in floods.
A light moisture cleaning may not have good air flow on both pick up heads depending on your vacuum systems power and how long the hose run.

Last edited:

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Test it on a flood so Greg can tell you how it is an unfair test :p

I think the Hydro force CFX 15 has better cleaning time in large areas and performance on air flow at the wand head and design, allowing better dry times...
I also think the jets hit most of the carpet fibers from different angles except on the very ends of width

Draw back on the CFX 15 is, it can leave rings of clean on hard to remove soils or what some may call oxidation of carpet fibers. Dew to the high pressure and timing on movement speeds.

o_O

Reactions: Zarz and Scott W