Bane Clene | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Bane Clene

MD'z Floors & More

Apr 1, 2013
Real Name
Quintin Riley
Anyone use these machines or have experience with them? I've only seen one company using them in my area and was just curious on how they perform.

tommyscarpet

Jun 28, 2008
Virginia
Real Name
Tommy R. Overstreet
Business Location
United States
Bill Bane was one of the first with a truck mount, not the first, that goes to Judson! His machine & system was great back in the day, but with all the changes in detergents, & equipment today, that unit is outdated! mr Bane did have a great business model, & biz in the state of Indiana ! I attended his meetings, & toured his company, but was lucky enough to meet Mr. butler, Jack Mesheau, a few months later, & bought my first butler system!

DJCarpetService

May 16, 2011
PA
Real Name
Jared Benedict
Business Location
United States
I started with a bane clene machine. Any questions you have I should be able to answer

DJCarpetService

May 16, 2011
PA
Real Name
Jared Benedict
Business Location
United States
How does it compare to regular TM's "gas & pto's?"
No where near the power of a gas or pto truck mount. Its not a terrible set up but you have a 1.5 HP electric motor that turns the blower and water pump on a standard 20 amp outlet. The new bane machines have 2 cords with one motor turning the blower and the other the water pump. I'm sure this really helps, because my single cord unit would occasionally trip breakers.

The machine, tanks, and reels are top notch. Everything from bane is built to last. You fill your stainless fresh tank the night before and plug in an immersion heater and you can reach temperatures around 180 degrees. You also plumb your vans coolant through the fresh tank so your water heats as you drive from job to job.

All in all they are nice machines, I'm sure they were pretty innovative back in the day, but they honestly can't compare to the smallest gas truck mounts. A modern portable machine will produce more vac and more psi.

MD'z Floors & More

Apr 1, 2013
Real Name
Quintin Riley
Oh ok... Thanks for info, I was just curious. When I seen one being used it reminded me of my ninja 150psi with heat I used to run from my truck pretending to have a TM before I got one. Lol...

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Oh ok... Thanks for info, I was just curious. When I seen one being used it reminded me of my ninja 150psi with heat I used to run from my truck pretending to have a TM before I got one. Lol...

I did the exact same thing with my Mytee M5 porty too.

Reactions: MD'z Floors & More

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
my first TM was a Bane. Went to the Bane company. Great organization. But basically like everyone said, its a glorified portable. I would not recommend it.

They do have a great following though. Must be where they came up with being "Bane" washed?

lucionk

Jan 30, 2012
Louisiana
Real Name
Keith Owings
Business Location
United States
I've had two bane systems and very satisfied with them. Very reliable. People tend to look down on the 1.5 horse drive but it's really about rpm (1750) and not torque.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I've had two bane systems and very satisfied with them. Very reliable. People tend to look down on the 1.5 horse drive but it's really about rpm (1750) and not torque.

I'd have to disagree. If they're anything like a truck mount. I have two TMs with 4.7 blowers. One runs with a 2 cylinder lawn mower engine and the other runs off the van's V8 engine. The V8 never bogs down under load while the 2 cylinder bogs down all the time thus losing it's rams at times. Just my experience.

DJCarpetService

May 16, 2011
PA
Real Name
Jared Benedict
Business Location
United States
I think running a PD blower off of a 1.5 electric motor is pretty damn intuitive. But the blower is running at half potential and any extra stress trips the breakers

Tony from Chicago

Nov 1, 2016
Real Name
Anthony Almerigi
I have an old bane Clene paramount from the 80s I bought 8 years ago. My plan was to use it temporarily til I was ready to buy a better TM . I made a few simple adjustments to increase the performance on the old belt driven beast and they made a big difference. I still use it daily and I love it! I have used other TMs in the past including hydra master CDS and a spitfire. Of course these units have more pressure and vac but the cost of those units to run and repair was a killer for our bottom line.
Don't be fooled by the pressure , you also have to consider the volume of the water being delivered-it doesn't compare to any portable. As far as heat is concerned, plug it in overnight and you have 190* water all day - boost it with a mytee hot turbo on the job and you are at a steady 210+ !!
To get more vac I switched around the pump and motor so the motor sits center of the unit, this shortens the belt distance so it slips less. To eliminate slippage altogether I added an automatic belt tensioner to the slack side of the belt. My dry times are incredible! If you still feel you need more pressure take the cap off the regulator and tighten the adjustment - you can get more than 260 psi easy, but with the right wand I feel this is unnecessary. I use a black castex 3 jet hp wand. If I were to buy a new TM in the future- it would be a Bane! Good luck!

Reactions: vibra vacster