Bane-Clene Machines?

Mr.T

Jan 22, 2010
Utah
Real Name
Travis Lake
Business Location
United States
I would like to use a rotovac 360i with the bane-clene but I do not know if the low psi(150) will be ok to run with a 360.

grimel

Apr 18, 2010
TN
Real Name
George Rimel
Business Location
United States
I would like to use a rotovac 360i with the bane-clene but I do not know if the low psi(150) will be ok to run with a 360.
One of the Rotovac packages is the 360 and CFX with connections for hooking the 360 up to a faucet. Check out the CFX videos. I've ran the 360 with tap water, a 100 PSI porty, and a 200 PSI porty. It cleans. Add 180 deg heat and it will do magic. I figure 200 deg and 500psi would make for miracles.

Mr.T

Jan 22, 2010
Utah
Real Name
Travis Lake
Business Location
United States
Grimel, so you can run the 360 with 150 psi of water pressure?

grimel

Apr 18, 2010
TN
Real Name
George Rimel
Business Location
United States
Grimel, so you can run the 360 with 150 psi of water pressure?
Yes, I've ran it everywhere from the faucet upto 800psi (tile). Water pressure is the least of your worries with a 360; good flow through the system is needed.

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
Just to add a few more points. One you can run the pump at more than 150 psi.
The pump in the Bane unit can run close to 200 psi with very good flow. At 180
degrees and with their excellent chemicals these machines work.
To me their biggest liability is their lack of vacuum. However all one has to do
is spend $899.00 for an inline Power Booster ! This can be done and give you
about 85% more vacuum. The combination of positive displacement and
centrifigul vacuum motor in parellel as described above provides a high quality
vacuum with good operating lift and cfm.
You can run a Bane unit on one 20 amp circuit. It is true there are two cords
but the one that turns the 3M vac blower draws around 9 to 11 amps and the pump
draws about 5 amps. The Power Booster will draw less than 13 amps under load.
So you just plug the vac blower motor and solution pump motor into an adapter
that takes both of these and then will plug into a 20 amp circuit a pull no more
than 16 to possibly 17 amp . Then as I said the inline Power Booster actually will
run comfortably on a 15 amp cirucut.
You will have very fast dry times with this setup as I have done this myself!

Jan Sullins
american kleen pro

grimel

Apr 18, 2010
TN
Real Name
George Rimel
Business Location
United States
RB,

It's comparing Apples and Oranges. Bane-Clene is going the easiest, safest, longest lasting path to clean carpet. The rest of the world has gotten into a weapons race ignoring the basics of physics and chemistry. If you are going to go with high temp (over 220) you NEED high pressure so your VAPOR will reach the carpet with some ability to penetrate.

Look at a typical Home Depot/Lowe's pressure washer - 2700 psi and 2gpm. Typical garden hose - 100 psi and 4gpm. Which one will soak a carpet faster from say 5 ft?

chrisco_24

Jan 28, 2010
Minnesota
Real Name
Chris Jacobson
Business Location
United States
I have been running a Bane Clene Paramount system for the past three years or so and absolutely love it. If you want a very user-friendly, quiet system that cleans like crazy, the Bane is hard to beat. I have never felt as if my Bane system wasn't adequate for even the dirtiest of carpets. I clean a lot of apartments and greasy restaurants and my Bane never skips a beat and eats up whatever I throw at it. I heat my water tank to between 200 and 210 degrees before I leave the shop and I get great results with this heat. Bane's chemicals, I feel, are second to none and work very well, even at lower water temperatures. While going portable and only using hot tap water, I still get great results. The only complaint that I would have about the Bane would be that the vacuum is lacking on the longer 150 plus foot runs. Bane's customer support is amazing and if I ever need anything it is always shipped out same day. For a company that has been around as long as Bane has, they obviously must be doing something right. I personally really like having an all electric truckmount. I can drive my van right into my customer's garage and clean all day long without fumes or noise. My dry times are great as well.

thesteammaster

May 11, 2011
Massachusetts
www.thesteammaster.com
Real Name
Raul Melo
Business Location
United States
Ive been using Bane Clene equipment since my company started offering Carpet Cleaning in 1995. I must say of all carpet cleaning equipment I own I think their equipment is great! I have three Bane truck mounts and they have been running non stop since we bought them. I agree with chrisco_24 about the suction issue over 150 ft on that case I just go portable.

richie618

Jun 8, 2011
MI
Real Name
Richard Wilcox
Business Location
United States
Jan,
How do you hook up the power booster? Is it inline? Do you know if you can hook up a 3 stage centrifugal motor to the relief valve on tho of the main unit recovery tank? I've heard mention of it before. Difference is price. I can get a really nice 120v vac for around $150.00... Any thoughts?

Joe Sabo

Oct 8, 2010
Nashville, Tennessee, United States ky. Al. Ga. Ms
Real Name
Joe Sabo
the reason for the low psi is because there isn't as much cfm at the low input of the electic motor. Working on these units as well as the gas powered units over the years, there is no comparison. Although, the blowers are the same on later units as is used on the gas powered units, by the laws of physics, if you only put a few horses into it, compared to 20 to a few hundred, you get more results. While I do like the attempt at "Green" cleaning, it is a less portable , portable. :) spend less on a portable if that's all you want. Otherwise go with an engine driven machine for drier, cleaner, more efficient cleaning, at least until the electric motor is replaced with a more powerful, efficient one. Then, I'd really be all for the Green aspect of it.

davenjai

Dec 16, 2009
Peachtree City, GA
Real Name
David Tassa
Business Location
United States
If their chemicals were compatible with aluminum, I would use them. Went to one of their demo's once. With no prespray the detergent alone was turning Motel chairs to immaculate. Ink was coming right out! When I flipped the carpet sample over, the backing was wet. They leave no room at all left in a cargo van.

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
Richie , yes you can add a Power Booster inline . It is just that easy.
And yes you can add a 2 or 3 stage where the relief valve is or cut
a hole in the access lid on top of the base unit and that way you don't
lose your relief valve. On the other hand it is easier to just go through
the relief valve. One can actually use some pvc and plumb it where
you can have both the vac motor and the relief valve , I have done that
before.

Jan

tobeyo

Jan 12, 2010
ohio
Real Name
tobey overholtz
Business Location
United States
They are recognized by the cleaning industry because bill bane is a marketing genius,other than that they are subpar cleaning machines.every other year they add something extra to the machine to help performance.heat booster then a aqua mount for a liitle stronger vac then a little higher pressure pump.why not build it right the first time......ever here something different is easier to market.Anyone who has used a bane after using any machine with a 4 or 5 blower would never go back to bane.nothing against them but had a system v and hated it.

Gymee

Banned
Apr 4, 2007
Mn
Real Name
Jesus
Business Location
United States
I would buy a portable and put it in a truck before I would ever buy a bane.

Don't believe the BANE cult here.

Apr 9, 2011
Kansas
Real Name
Craig Huddleston
Business Location
United States
Well Well It seems that the old saying to each there own is true. I have a Bane and for the types of houses, apartments, restarants, motels, and banks that I clean it works great. I have a friend that has a different machine and he thinks its great. He has however put a new motor on his as well as other repairs. He charges extra for milage because of all the fuel that he uses while cleaning. I bought a used bane pre 2005 and beside replacing the belts once I have had no added expense to it. I will continue to use bane because I don't think i should make good money and still have to charge extra for fuel. Have a great cleaning day.

Gymee

Banned
Apr 4, 2007
Mn
Real Name
Jesus
Business Location
United States
Don't drink the Bill Bane koolaid and end up in Guyana.

drcleanswep

Dec 14, 2015
Real Name
donald self
Does anyone know anything about these machines? Received a supply catolog from them. The are electric Truckmounts, some can come out as portables also. Does not show how much vacuum lift but has 150 psi and .6 gal a min. Heat 180 deg max. 150 feet of vacuum hose. Says optimum psi for carpet cleaning is 150 PSI and 180 degree heat. Just wanted to see your opinions.
I have owned a banecl
Does anyone know anything about these machines? Received a supply catolog from them. The are electric Truckmounts, some can come out as portables also. Does not show how much vacuum lift but has 150 psi and .6 gal a min. Heat 180 deg max. 150 feet of vacuum hose. Says optimum psi for carpet cleaning is 150 PSI and 180 degree heat. Just wanted to see your opinions.
I have owned a bane-clene since 1978, I am the one that invented the water tempature heating system in the 120 gallon tank. Bill Bane was a gentlemen and very nice man. he has passed away a few years ago. these machines are almost maintenance free, a few belts, a few stators in the pumps, 1 blower, not bad for 27 years of work and still running. we raised 6 kids, they went to a private school. built a 5000 sq ft log home. been a good life, My son and son-in-law are carrying on the business now. Bane-Clene machine is still going strong. they are a complete company. Good Luck and God Bless

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
I have a very good friend who purchaced his Paramount back in 1987. He has been busy ever since.
Original Sutorbilt 3M blower and I believe his 2nd pump that has been rebuilt several times . Very little
has ever gone wrong . I talked into putting a 2HP 1800 rpm Marathon motor on his and we increased the
blower rpms by about 300 . He now has a 6.6 2 stage setup in parallel with the 3M blower. HIs vacuum
is very good. As with all Bane Clene truckmounts he heats his cleaning solution as he drives via heatexhanger
that gets heat from the coolant system of the truck. This truckmount system has gone through two Chevy vans and he
is now on his 3rd. Runs it on two 120 volt circuits and rarely pops a breaker. Trouble free and powerful enough
and he has made hundreds of thousands of dollars with his Bane Clene TM.