Bane-Clene Machines?

Mr.T

Jan 22, 2010
Utah
Real Name
Travis Lake
Business Location
United States
Does anyone know anything about these machines? Received a supply catolog from them. The are electric Truckmounts, some can come out as portables also. Does not show how much vacuum lift but has 150 psi and .6 gal a min. Heat 180 deg max. 150 feet of vacuum hose. Says optimum psi for carpet cleaning is 150 PSI and 180 degree heat. Just wanted to see your opinions.

Mr.T

Jan 22, 2010
Utah
Real Name
Travis Lake
Business Location
United States
No one knows anything about these machines on this Forum?

MasterSteamClean

May 18, 2010
Fl
www.mastersteamcleaning.com
Real Name
Erik
Business Location
United States
150 psi ,not enough for dirty carpet, maybe upholstery, also electric motor turning a blower unlike electric vac motors. The bane has around 80-100 cfm, I believe correct me if im wrong ...

Tm has 12-17 hg 250 cfm-500 cfm mayme more cfm on very large 100k Tm

portable parallel motor is 8-10 hg 100-200 cfm

portable motor in series 14 hg only 100 cfm

Bane cleane , im sure its ok , but for the money you can get starter tm 6k or grat porty around $2500 , you do the math

You need cfm for distance and lift to suck dirty water out of carpet.

Reactions: aloha one

racebum

Jul 14, 2010
Oregon
www.mountainviewcarpetcare.com
Real Name
kyle
Business Location
United States
how much can you spend? imo you should keep saving till you have at least $5000 to buy a used truck mount. the prochem blazer xl and hydramaster boxxer 318 can be had for 5000 with reasonable hours. less than this is not worth buying, you might as well just get a portable.

Mr.T

Jan 22, 2010
Utah
Real Name
Travis Lake
Business Location
United States
the bane clene machine that i saw was a 70 gal water and 70 gal recovery for 13,000. There pretty expensive and look like old style machines from the 60's. They claim to be recommended by leading carpet manufactures. but the 0-150 psi seems low. you can get a porty to due that for way less money.

Sep 1, 2010
Lawton
Real Name
Curtis Elliott
Business Location
United States
i would think it's a typeo, no truck mount would ever sell if it only did 150psi, my guess is it's 0-1500psi, haven't used the machine and i would double check, however, they would never sell a single one at 0-150psi
No. It's 150 psi. Elsewhere they state 140 psi. They don't believe high pressure is important and lower pressures prevent overwetting.

From their site:

WATER PRESSURE:
Excessive water pressure may cause wetting of the backing material of a carpet. This overwetting causes wicking, shrinkage, splitting of seams, browning and mildew. It just drives the vapor in too hard. Bane-Clene operates at 140 PSI—no problems or complaints. Just the right amount of pressure to safely and thoroughly deep clean all carpet fibers.

grimel

Apr 18, 2010
TN
Real Name
George Rimel
Business Location
United States
Mr Bane understands FLOW is more important than pressure for cleaning if you are using proper chemicals and agitating. They have been making machines since the beginning of time. They are recommended by a few mills. They aren't cheap.

Reactions: mathis1

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
I used to own a Bane-Clene Minimount. Here is the lowdown on Bane-Clene!
First of all they are much better than they were before 2005 I believe. This
is when they went to direct coupled technology. For instance the 3MP
Sutorbilt vacuum pump is direct coupled to a Franklin 1 1/2 HP electric motor
which turns 1725 rpm. So instead of the old belt driven systems before the
vacuum pump is turning 1725 rpm which is about 325 more rpms.
Also now they use a 1/2 HP electric
motor to turn the pump. Which helps with a lot more flow than before. Typically
most Bane operators will set it at 150 psi. Although I have know some who
have set theirs at around 200 psi. The older units were belt driven and were
just really weak especially on the vacuum part of the equation.
The philosophy of Bane Clene is effeciency with using only about 10 amps to turn
blower under load. Then the pump uses perhaps 4-6 amps@150 psi. (the base unit is
a 2 cord system however it does not use a total of 20 amps so one can use just one circuit.)
Beleive it or not the vacuum is not bad for just one cord providing all the vacuum
and very low amp draw as well. One thing to keep in mind is that a Sutorbilt or Roots
blower however the vacuum is in my opinion not enough.
They bring there own Hot cleaning solution in auxillary tanks(70 or 120 gallons with waste tanks to match all made of stainless steel). . They use the wasted
heat from the vans engine coolant system to maintain about 180 degrees. They may
preheat the water up to 140 or so then the engine will heat it up as they drive.
People have made tons of money with Bane Clene systems. So really I can't
find too much fault with them. Nobody has to buy one if the don't agree. They
do not use high pressure tactics to sell their equipment. Great customer service
and are always there for you if needed. This equipment can last 30 years so it works
for some and others it just does not fit their thinking about what a truckmount
should provide in the way of vacuum ,psi ,and heat.
I added a Cross-American Power Booster to mine and it had a great deal more vacuum.
Still to me it is a lot of money and personally I want more pressure , vacuum and
even though 180 is usually enough heat sometimes I like 200 degrees. But for
someone starting out and needing help to get their business up and going for many
nothing beats Bane-Clene for support in helping their customers succeed. I am not
endorsing their products but just wanted you to know they are really not a bad
way for some to go.

Jan Sullins
american kleen pro

Reactions: aloha one

dirtmonger

Jul 14, 2008
Ky
Real Name
Steve Greenwell
Business Location
United States
I'll throw my two cents worth in. Bill Bane is an icon in the industry. He was really one of the first to promote the total business building concept along with the chemical and equipment sales. He provided materials and concepts for developing/operating a business model. Branded and developed "The Bane Clene Way". He really touted a highly ethicial service delivery model.

Their equipment is very well built and should last a lifetime if taken care of. I agree with everything Jan stated above. Some people have added Little Giant heaters to boost heat.

Mr.T

Jan 22, 2010
Utah
Real Name
Travis Lake
Business Location
United States
Thanks Jan for the post. Thats what kinda drew me to check them out further was their support system. They have marketing materials and everything a business would need to operate. I still would like to see more psi and a bigger vac. they claim they will finance your equipment with van also. i was looking at the Perma-Mount 70. I tried to find out who uses them in Utah and could only find one cleaner who does. I may call them and see if they recommend the units.

70 gal solution tank
70 gal recovery tank
hose and cord reel
150 ft of solution and vac hoses
12" & 4" clening head packages
2- 100ft power cords
Price- $10,495 installed

Perma-Mount 120 - $13,995

grimel

Apr 18, 2010
TN
Real Name
George Rimel
Business Location
United States
Mr T don't let the firepower race get your head swimming. If you find something 180 won't clean either add a little giant or a rotary. Lots of people make a lot of money using portables considerably less powerful than the Bane-Clene machines. As was posted, Mr Bane is an icon and believes in ethical actions.

Check out the other equipment Bane-Clene sells. I don't see anything that jumps out as being junk.

HappyCleaner

Nov 13, 2010
Real Name
Jamie Pike
Business Location
United States
For what it’s worth. I sold my company a few years ago. We had 5 vans running nonstop and the most trouble free units I had over the years was Bane Clene. If you count the fact that a unit is very dumb dumb proof you can let your staff use it and know you will not get any large bills from misuse. True more power is better but having a machine that is cheap to fix and dumb dumb proof will give you stronger profits.
I always take care of the customer and if you do not have to factor in large repair bills you can grow grow grow! After I sold my company I now own Janitorial Company overseeing over 250 franchise cleaning companies teaching them how to be profitable. My non compete is now over with the person that bought my company and I am going to be getting back into the carpet cleaning biz and you can bet I have been doing my research on the newest equipment. And I am going with what I know works. Bane is for profit when you figure it can and will last 20 to 30 years. At the end of the day your customer WILL be happy and you will keep more of your profits. Think about the story of the tortoise and the hare! Who really won in the end! If you pay your techs % of the job you can use more reliable but less powerful equipment and it does not cost you a thing if they take a little longer to get the job done.

I’m just saying!

Happy Cleaner

racebum

Jul 14, 2010
Oregon
Real Name
kyle
Business Location
United States
well. for one, i don't see how you could do tile with that low of pressure. the second thing is commercial carpet, especially if it's soaked with grease does respond better to higher pressure. lastly the price of these isn't a lot different than the boxxer 318, 323 and 421 depending on the models. i haven't used one but glancing at spec sheets they appear to be lacking against the brand names.

grimel

Apr 18, 2010
TN
Real Name
George Rimel
Business Location
United States
well. for one, i don't see how you could do tile with that low of pressure. the second thing is commercial carpet, especially if it's soaked with grease does respond better to higher pressure. lastly the price of these isn't a lot different than the boxxer 318, 323 and 421 depending on the models. i haven't used one but glancing at spec sheets they appear to be lacking against the brand names.
Have you actually used 180deg and 150psi on CGD? What pressure do you think your firebreather (say 220deg and 500psi) is actually putting to the carpet? Which would have more impact - 100 psi liquid or 300 psi vapor?

There is a reason agitation goes a long way toward leveling the playing field between chemicals and systems.

===

Just a small point, Bane-Clene is the BRAND NAME. One of the earliest and longest producers of TM's, one of the earliest training programs, etc. There is more to productivity than spec sheets.

racebum

Jul 14, 2010
Oregon
Real Name
kyle
Business Location
United States
agree on agitation. however, if one system is 150psi at one end of the pressure line and the other is 500psi, there's a pretty good chance the 500psi will have more force at the tip. i do get what you're saying though. it's the same concept as air compressors. you can take a little pancake, turn it to 120 psi, try to use an impact gun and get nowhere. take a 120 gallon ingersoll at even 80psi and you will have more force at the gun due to the overwhelming difference in cfm. so, if we use that argument, it comes down to flow. how in the world do you rate or test this apples to apples?

Mr.T

Jan 22, 2010
Utah
Real Name
Travis Lake
Business Location
United States
Bane-Clene offers a pressure pump to do tile and grout with. You just use a garden hose and your high pressure solution line. It is 1200 psi pump. It says no solution can go through the pump though so I guess you just rinse with clean water. I thought alot of the tile cleaning uses a rinse agent to finish cleaning, can you just use regular water as a rinse. Some of these truckmounts can also be unhooked from main unit and become portables if needed. I guess if you prespray, agitate with a 175 and then rinse with the 180 degree, 150 psi extraction cleaning agent it should clean carpet. May take alittle longer.

grimel

Apr 18, 2010
TN
Real Name
George Rimel
Business Location
United States
I'm on my third attempt at this so pardon me being short I'm about aggravated with my computer and comcast at the moment.

High pressure/temp can't be sustained in the normal atmosphere, water boils at roughly 212. The "extra" heat causes the flash to steam and ensuing temp rise in the room. This keeps the water from blasting the carpet. At 180 and 150 the solution will be a liquid and impact with a "solid" vs a vapor. The firebreathers compensate with high pressure and flow. If they don't have both, most of the heat is released in the air and little solution will get below the top of the carpet. The low heat and 100psi is one reason a porty with high flow (factory 360 jets) can soak a carpet while the same setup with a LG heater on nuclear (220ish) won't.

grimel

Apr 18, 2010
TN
Real Name
George Rimel
Business Location
United States
How so? Agitate with a 360 and the steps are the same as anything else. Unless it is trashed, a good prespray, a little dwell, and rinse works on most carpet with a wand or rotary.