Bane Clene Fresh water tank mod

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
This week after work while I was taking my heat exchangers off line on my CDS 4.7 because one burst (I'll find the culprit one this weekend when I pressure test them all), I decided to do the Bane Clene mod. Holy crap! I wish I had done this 19 years ago. My CDS has the Wanner Engineering hydracell pump that can handle hot incoming water so I figured why not try it. For $100 total, I routed the coolant from my engine that normally goes to the heat exchangers to a 20 foot half inch copper coil inside my freshwater tank.
The results were amazing!
It Heats 50 gallons of water to 160 degrees between jobs and sustains 140 while cleaning along with the new cold fresh incoming water. Once the heat exchangers are back online, I certainly can dual wand with high flow without losing temperature at all, by simply routing the coolant from the last heat exchanger through the water tank before returning it to the motor. Sure wish I had done this a long time ago.

Qwikdry

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
This week after work while I was taking my heat exchangers off line on my CDS 4.7 because one burst (I'll find the culprit one this weekend when I pressure test them all), I decided to do the Bane Clene mod. Holy crap! I wish I had done this 19 years ago. My CDS has the Wanner Engineering hydracell pump that can handle hot incoming water so I figured why not try it. For $100 total, I routed the coolant from my engine that normally goes to the heat exchangers to a 20 foot half inch copper coil inside my freshwater tank.
The results were amazing!
It Heats 50 gallons of water to 160 degrees between jobs and sustains 140 while cleaning along with the new cold fresh incoming water. Once the heat exchangers are back online, I certainly can dual wand with high flow without losing temperature at all, by simply routing the coolant from the last heat exchanger through the water tank before returning it to the motor. Sure wish I had done this a long time ago.
do you have any pictures? how hard would it be to tie into a vehicles' engine coolant lines and run some copper tube into a fresh water tank? any pictures of where your machine being a CDS hooks into the vehicles cooling system?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The best place to tie into is at the heater core. Hydramaster takes the coolant after it passes through the heater core, giving primary priority to cabin heat first. You could take it from before it, returning the coolant from the fresh water tank to the other side of the heater core and have no problems and get more heat transfer in your freshwater tank, all while still having plenty of heat for the cabin IMO.

Reactions: Qwikdry
Nov 24, 2011
nc
Real Name
Ricky Lowe
Business Location
United States
i am having some problems with my bane clene the water is not getting hot i have the hook up from the heater core too the solution tank any ideas?

Nov 24, 2011
nc
Real Name
Ricky Lowe
Business Location
United States
yes i have heat in the van the one hose is warm going into the tank but the one coming out is not the water is luke warm if that

Nov 24, 2011
nc
Real Name
Ricky Lowe
Business Location
United States
i can touch the coil inside the tank and its cold even after driving it for a few hours dont make any since

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
If one side is hot going into the tank, you have an obstruction or corrosion in the line. It's passing a tiny amount of coolant, but not enough to make a difference. Disassembling for a diagnosis is the only option.

Nov 24, 2011
nc
Real Name
Ricky Lowe
Business Location
United States
ok so jim will the coil coriod ?and if it did how in the world will i take it out or replace

Nov 24, 2011
nc
Real Name
Ricky Lowe
Business Location
United States
iam dont think there is one on mine its just 2 hoses goin from the heater core too the tank and curculating back through

Sir James

Feb 24, 2015
Real Name
Jim Cross
iam dont think there is one on mine its just 2 hoses goin from the heater core too the tank and curculating back through
Ok. I ran my Bane paramount for years. Never had a problem with the heat in 18 years of running it. I removed my temperature control because I wanted it to run wide open. But it sounds like yours is already been removed or never had one in the first place. Is there a crimp in the line somewhere going back to the tank? Just asking but you’ve probably checked. Must be a blockage somewhere as was mentioned. Hope you figure it out. That’s one of the things about Bane units that I liked.

Nov 24, 2011
nc
Real Name
Ricky Lowe
Business Location
United States
it hard too get too the back of the tank too get hose off i may just have too try and replace both of them all the way back too the heater

Nov 24, 2011
nc
Real Name
Ricky Lowe
Business Location
United States
could it be my radiator not getting hot enough too heat up the water in the tank ? the hoses are pritty long