Brad

May 11, 2009
MN
Real Name
Bradley Mehr
Business Location
United States
Hello,

I have a older bane clene base unit. The pump went out last night while cleaning my own carpets. I mean the pump housing must have been cracked because the opposite end of the pulley broke off, and part was of the broken edge was rusty and part was not.

Now I want to replace it with a different pump (cat pump, or other). What rpm does the electric motor put out? What pulley size?

For the pump recommended or possible psi and gpm.

-- I know they are not big and bad so if I can get a better one for the same $ as replacing the pump please tell me.

Thanks,

Brad

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I am not sure of the speed your motor runs at or what the gear ratio is, but here is a link to get a new pump.

http://www.pressurewasherauthority.com/cat--pressure-washer-pumps--general-pump-solid.html

I recommend, depending on the rpm's the pump runs at, one of the following. I would get at least a 3.0 gpm pump minimum for a single wand unit and a 4.0+ gpm for dual wand units.

For 1450 rpm's or less model #TX1812S17............$254.99

For 1750 rpm's or less model #EZ3042S................$330.99

For 3400 rpm's model # TX1510S34......................$264.99

Brad

May 11, 2009
MN
Real Name
Bradley Mehr
Business Location
United States
Motor states 1725 rpm's. I do not know the pulley sizes?

dgardner

Jan 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Dan Gardner
Brad,

The Banes all use (I believe) a 1/2hp motor for the pump, and allow about 4 amps draw for it, the electric heater (drawing 12 A more) is on the same circuit. You're not going to be able to get the high output pumps Todd mentioned to work without a much larger motor, meaning you will have to add another cord, or delete the electric heater (or delete the heater and add a Little Giant!). With your motor, around 350 psi at 1.3 gpm is about the best you can hope for. Electric machines are always full of tradeoffs.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
I live close to THE bane clean, it's the wildest place I've ever seen, it looks like they built and decorated it in 73' and never ever updated! Lol but they are a big company still running. I've even bought some product from them. Idk much about theyre machines though, you could maybe buy a Mytee electric water pump as a temporary/permant replacement solution..?

Tile Professional

Mar 19, 2009
Lacrosse Wi
Real Name
Andrew Abt
Business Location
United States
His is probably the older unit like most are that have one motor that drives the blower and the pump.
Go onto bane's web site and look at the parts lists. They have all there parts on there and the prices.
Drew.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Brad,

The Banes all use (I believe) a 1/2hp motor for the pump, and allow about 4 amps draw for it, the electric heater (drawing 12 A more) is on the same circuit. You're not going to be able to get the high output pumps Todd mentioned to work without a much larger motor, meaning you will have to add another cord, or delete the electric heater (or delete the heater and add a Little Giant!). With your motor, around 350 psi at 1.3 gpm is about the best you can hope for. Electric machines are always full of tradeoffs.
This is true. I did not realize that you only had 1/2 horsepower to work with. The pumps I mentioned use between 2 and 4 horsepower depending on how much pressure is being used.

dgardner

Jan 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Dan Gardner
His is probably the older unit like most are that have one motor that drives the blower and the pump.
Go onto bane's web site and look at the parts lists. They have all there parts on there and the prices.
Drew.
If so, he will also have a similar (more or less) limitation, as the blower hogs most of the horsepower.

Although I don't run a Bane, I personally run a 1/2hp motor direct coupled to a Hypro 5315C-X twin piston pump. The amps are about 5, and I can get close to 1.5 gpm at 500 psi. Aside from greasing the bearing once in a while, it just works, although I know the Hypros aren't real popular. It fits just fine along with twin 3-stage vacs in the bottom of my custom Mytee.

bubbula123

Dec 24, 2011
nj
Real Name
Randall Shawn
Business Location
United States
No...not true..he has the older model..this is pre 3d version..one motor only..runs at 1725 rpm is a 1 and 1/2 horse model with 2 belts..you can just remove the rotary vane pump, and replace with either an all inclusive unit like the pumptec, hypro, just watch the amps..or go with a general pump and size a pulley for a 1-1 ratio and one that is rated for the rpm the motor runs at...I have one of each if you're interested..both new never mounted

ANTHONY01

Nov 3, 2014
Real Name
anthony hutchinson
Hello,

I have a older bane clene base unit. The pump went out last night while cleaning my own carpets. I mean the pump housing must have been cracked because the opposite end of the pulley broke off, and part was of the broken edge was rusty and part was not.

Now I want to replace it with a different pump (cat pump, or other). What rpm does the electric motor put out? What pulley size?

For the pump recommended or possible psi and gpm.

-- I know they are not big and bad so if I can get a better one for the same $ as replacing the pump please tell me.

Thanks,

Brad[/QUOT what did you to to replace your pump on your bane