Bad/false review response.

Discussion in 'Carpet/Upholstery/Hard Surface/Misc. Accessory Rat' started by Plaza78, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Plaza78

Plaza78 Member

Jan 6, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone have experience with how to respond to a bad or false review?

Had a customer write a false review. Job went well . Days after she said everything was great. But when I called her again about her returned check. Things went bad. Haven't got paid and still have that bad review.

2. Robert86

Robert86 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2016
    Male
    Missoula, MT
    Ratings:
    +769 / 1 / -0
    Only on ebay. I just ignored it. I had about 100 very positive reviews on my account, so while one undeserved negative review was frustrating, I figured I had 100 great reviews to counter it and people could assume that either the bad one was a fluke or just someone being a jerk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. alexus

Premium VIP

Nov 6, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +470 / 3 / -0
    Well just answer what ever happened

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff Member Moderator Premium VIP

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,607 / 84 / -0
    So she gave you a bad review after the check bounced? Why was it returned? Canceled or no money to cover it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Todd the Cleaner

Todd the Cleaner Todd Cottino
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Premium VIP

Sep 4, 2011
    Male
    Owner / Operator
    Pahrump, Nevada, United States
    Ratings:
    +24,957 / 58 / -0
    Post the review for us to see.

• Like Like x 2
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. agrantnz

agrantnz Member

May 6, 2014
    Male
    Technician
    New Zealand
    Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    When it comes to reviews I like to read between the lines of both good and bad reviews. If someone takes one or two bad reviews out of dozens of even hundreds of reviews, they are not the customer for you. I am actually more worried about a company when they have lots of awesome reviews... No one escapes bad customers... Ever

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. powerhouse_cc

powerhouse_cc Active Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Ratings:
    +71 / 2 / -0
    Post her address Rob gots connections

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mama Fen

Mama Fen Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,162 / 0 / -0
    It's very rare - to the point of pretty much not happening - that any service company who presents a public image with unlimited and uncensored feedback potential is given a 100% positive review base. Law of averages says someone, somewhere, will be having a bad day and need to take it out on someone. Or someone's kid will be bored at the computer. Or a college student will be out to wreak trollish havoc. It happens.

The best way to respond is one of two things - a calm, professional response that does NOTHING to accuse the customer in any way, but simply acknowledges their disappointment and asks what, if anything, about your service can be improved in the future. If that doesn't garner the response you desire, at least it shows you care and are willing to be professional.

The other option is to ignore the review and allow your positive feedback to speak for you. Quite often with an unreasonable customer, that's the best way to handle it. Unreasonable people will continue to escalate the drama because it makes them feel powerful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. rob allen

rob allen Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +26,525 / 83 / -0
    I had a very high end client tell me they chose me by the way I responded to a negative review.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ACP

ACP Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Male
    Washington
    Ratings:
    +1,094 / 6 / -0
    Just smother it with tons of 5 star reviews. It happens.

I got a call from a lady in a 27th story condo downtown Seattle, I told her very politely that we are unable to service that part of town due to access.

She gave us all Fs on angies list and the comment said "This service wasnt suitable for my high rise condo"

luckily the one thing about AL over Yelp is they will remove a review like that,
    if its Yelp... there is nothing you can do really.

11. Mama Fen

Mama Fen Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,162 / 0 / -0
    What's crazy is, if someone gets mad and leaves you a one-star rating, you can't dispute it or have it removed if they don't leave any text to go along with the one star, lol. If they leave nasty comments, you have recourse. If they say nothing, the rating sticks.

12. Kyle8

Kyle8 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Ratings:
    +504 / 9 / -0
    It's all about making yourself better. Maybe you shouldn't take check anymore. She is in the wrong but make it a learning experience.

13. Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Male
    Owner Operator
    Serving the greater Charlotte area
    Ratings:
    +609 / 1 / -0
    • Like Like x 6
  14. Jose Holguin

Premium VIP

Oct 20, 2012
    Male
    Vail, CO
    Ratings:
    +9,818 / 45 / -0
    What do I do about this one? Freaking annoying!!

IMG_1493183663.870374.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dapper Bros Cleaners

Nov 5, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Ouch! It depends on how important those 2 extra stars are to you.

If it were me? I would reach out to her and offer a few value-added services in exchange for those extra stars. It would give you a chance to teach her in person how to edit that review and create a cheerleader for your business.

16. Jose Holguin

Premium VIP

Oct 20, 2012
    Male
    Vail, CO
    Ratings:
    +9,818 / 45 / -0
    I really don't wanna bother her. Think I'll have Facebook remove it instead.

17. Pro Steam Carpet Care

Apr 1, 2017
    Male
    President
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    I would be professional but rest assured I would damn sure respond to her nasty review and sure as hell mention her check bounced....tit for tat cunt.

18. Pro Steam Carpet Care

Apr 1, 2017
    Male
    President
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
  19. powerhouse_cc

Feb 15, 2017
    Ratings:
    +71 / 2 / -0
    I always wonder how ppl can be ballsy enough to leave a bad review on a company who knows where they live and the lay out to their homes....

20. powerhouse_cc

Feb 15, 2017
    Ratings:
    +71 / 2 / -0
    Sarcasm, joking for proof on any future legal battles lol