Bad/false review response.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jan 6, 2015
Real Name
Robert Plaza
Anyone have experience with how to respond to a bad or false review?

Had a customer write a false review. Job went well . Days after she said everything was great. But when I called her again about her returned check. Things went bad. Haven't got paid and still have that bad review.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Only on ebay. I just ignored it. I had about 100 very positive reviews on my account, so while one undeserved negative review was frustrating, I figured I had 100 great reviews to counter it and people could assume that either the bad one was a fluke or just someone being a jerk.

alexus

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2014
Real Name
Aleksandr Davidov

Had a customer write a false review. Job went well . Days after she said everything was great. But when I called her again about her returned check. Things went bad. Haven't got paid and still have that bad review.
Well just answer what ever happened

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States

So she gave you a bad review after the check bounced? Why was it returned? Canceled or no money to cover it?

agrantnz

May 6, 2014
New Zealand
Real Name
Aaron Grant
When it comes to reviews I like to read between the lines of both good and bad reviews. If someone takes one or two bad reviews out of dozens of even hundreds of reviews, they are not the customer for you. I am actually more worried about a company when they have lots of awesome reviews... No one escapes bad customers... Ever

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
North Carolina
www.shopcleansource.com
Real Name
Amy Barnes
Business Location
United States
It's very rare - to the point of pretty much not happening - that any service company who presents a public image with unlimited and uncensored feedback potential is given a 100% positive review base. Law of averages says someone, somewhere, will be having a bad day and need to take it out on someone. Or someone's kid will be bored at the computer. Or a college student will be out to wreak trollish havoc. It happens.

The best way to respond is one of two things - a calm, professional response that does NOTHING to accuse the customer in any way, but simply acknowledges their disappointment and asks what, if anything, about your service can be improved in the future. If that doesn't garner the response you desire, at least it shows you care and are willing to be professional.

The other option is to ignore the review and allow your positive feedback to speak for you. Quite often with an unreasonable customer, that's the best way to handle it. Unreasonable people will continue to escalate the drama because it makes them feel powerful.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I had a very high end client tell me they chose me by the way I responded to a negative review.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Just smother it with tons of 5 star reviews. It happens.

I got a call from a lady in a 27th story condo downtown Seattle, I told her very politely that we are unable to service that part of town due to access.

She gave us all Fs on angies list and the comment said "This service wasnt suitable for my high rise condo"

luckily the one thing about AL over Yelp is they will remove a review like that,
if its Yelp... there is nothing you can do really.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
North Carolina
www.shopcleansource.com
Real Name
Amy Barnes
Business Location
United States
What's crazy is, if someone gets mad and leaves you a one-star rating, you can't dispute it or have it removed if they don't leave any text to go along with the one star, lol. If they leave nasty comments, you have recourse. If they say nothing, the rating sticks.

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
I had a very high end client tell me they chose me by the way I responded to a negative review.
It's all about making yourself better. Maybe you shouldn't take check anymore. She is in the wrong but make it a learning experience.
It's very rare - to the point of pretty much not happening - that any service company who presents a public image with unlimited and uncensored feedback potential is given a 100% positive review base. Law of averages says someone, somewhere, will be having a bad day and need to take it out on someone. Or someone's kid will be bored at the computer. Or a college student will be out to wreak trollish havoc. It happens.

The best way to respond is one of two things - a calm, professional response that does NOTHING to accuse the customer in any way, but simply acknowledges their disappointment and asks what, if anything, about your service can be improved in the future. If that doesn't garner the response you desire, at least it shows you care and are willing to be professional.

The other option is to ignore the review and allow your positive feedback to speak for you. Quite often with an unreasonable customer, that's the best way to handle it. Unreasonable people will continue to escalate the drama because it makes them feel powerful.

Nov 5, 2016
Real Name
Cody Archdeacon
What do I do about this one? Freaking annoying!!

View attachment 71041
Ouch! It depends on how important those 2 extra stars are to you.

If it were me? I would reach out to her and offer a few value-added services in exchange for those extra stars. It would give you a chance to teach her in person how to edit that review and create a cheerleader for your business.

Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Ouch! It depends on how important those 2 extra stars are to you.

If it were me? I would reach out to her and offer a few value-added services in exchange for those extra stars. It would give you a chance to teach her in person how to edit that review and create a cheerleader for your business.
I really don't wanna bother her. Think I'll have Facebook remove it instead.

powerhouse_cc

Feb 15, 2017
Real Name
Jeff farmer
I always wonder how ppl can be ballsy enough to leave a bad review on a company who knows where they live and the lay out to their homes....