Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
We’ve all had them. What’s some awkward moments you can remember? Here’s one from my rookie years.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I was helping this guy lift a armour and all the cloths flipped up when tilted. And behold his wifes giant pink dildo and a freezer bag full of weed appear :D i heard him downstairs "I told you to hide the stuff"! He wasnt sure if i saw it. So he tries asking what are some of the strangest things we've seen in customers homes. He was fishing to see if i saw it :D

Some people though lol are plain out in the open about it. A guy came into a bedroom on another job i was installing and said he was installing a sex swing and needed to put a ladder on my carpet. I said what is that the new workout system with straps? He laughed ohh no this is a legit sex swing. Whatever floats their boat lol.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
had a lesbian couple call and ask us too clean their furniture

blegh they had bird cages and bird droppings all over the house it was gross. then she asked if incould clean her mattress double blegh!!

people dont use sheets or mattress covers anymore????

i buy costly mattresses that come with valuable warranties and you cant even drop water on them or risk voiding warranty.

plus we buy nice covers that protect from bed bugs and other critters

thankfully at the time i had a helper. i left him too clean and left lol

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Is It awkward, when person with a check book is nowhere to be found at the end of the job? Feels like a 3rd party scenario sometimes. " Oh, my sister is coming to pay you, I'm only watching the house. She should be here in an hour."
- How do you wake up a person, who suppose to pay you.....
- You're in the middle of the job and people start to gather for a birthday party....
- You have to abandon 2 consecutive jobs, because customers forgot to mention they have painting going on that day.
So, when booking, among questions about pets, age of carpeting and so on, there is a new one. Will you have a remodelers or painters present in the house in time of carpet cleaning services?

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Is It awkward, when person with a check book is nowhere to be found at the end of the job? Feels like a 3rd party scenario sometimes. " Oh, my sister is coming to pay you, I'm only watching the house. She should be here in an hour."
- You're in the middle of the job and people start to gather for a birthday party....
- You have to abandon 2 consecutive jobs, because customers forgot to mention they have painting going on that day.
So, when booking, among questions about pets, age of carpeting and so on, there is a new one. Will you have a remodelers or painters present in the house in time of carpet cleaning services?
I had a tree guy quote me to drop an Oak. On his customer checklist was a 150.00 rescheduling fee. Because he was tired of showing up and finding driveway choked up with dumpsters and multiple vans/trucks in street. He said its more of a attention getter. This way customer is actually listening when he says do not schedule any other work to be done on these days.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I had a tree guy quote me to drop an Oak. On his customer checklist was a 150.00 rescheduling fee. Because he was tired of showing up and finding driveway choked up with dumpsters and multiple vans/trucks in street. He said its more of a attention getter. This way customer is actually listening when he says do not schedule any other work to be done on these days.
Smart.

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I once had an install job to do in Connecticut . Gigantic house. Anyway I (and my helper) had to carry 13 rolls of 40oz. Jute pad from my van(s) over 150 feet over a river rock driveway, then through sheeting instead of a door and up 2, 3 and 4 flights of stairs all while trying to avoid sheetrockers, electricians, painter, plumbers and who knows what else. Yeah....after the third trip I couldn't feel my legs anymore.
I have more stories. TONS.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I once had an install job to do in Connecticut . Gigantic house. Anyway I (and my helper) had to carry 13 rolls of 40oz. Jute pad from my van(s) over 150 feet over a river rock driveway, then through sheeting instead of a door and up 2, 3 and 4 flights of stairs all while trying to avoid sheetrockers, electricians, painter, plumbers and who knows what else. Yeah....after the third trip I couldn't feel my legs anymore.
that sounds extremely frustrating!!!

i hate working around other trades

Nov 19, 2018
Real Name
Douglas B. Galarza
When I went to the client's house, it was very hectic. A dog there took the breath out of me. The dog was not able to do me my work and it came so close to biting me that I had to run away to save myself. I complained about it and didn't go back there.

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
that sounds extremely frustrating!!!

i hate working around other trades
It was frustrating, Mike. But he was one of them billionaires that couldn't give a rotted rats left nut about my frustration. On the positive side, we did the actual installation a week later when all of the other contractors were done and gone. Funny how some jobs you just never forget . That was 28 years ago.

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
To add more oil in the fire, I showed up for a carpet cleaning and when I open the door to the house, there were 2 installer laying tiles in the room I had to cross. None of us could believe that this was happening.....

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Yep, the house with most cars in the driveway is the house you suppose to service. Never fails.....
I love when janitorial services come just when I'm finishing up.
You'll turn on ceiling fan after being done cleaning , to realize that fan wasn't used for years and you have to start all over ...., not funny....

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
When I went to the client's house, it was very hectic. A dog there took the breath out of me. The dog was not able to do me my work and it came so close to biting me that I had to run away to save myself. I complained about it and didn't go back there.
Client assured me that growling pittbul won't jump the gate. He did, I was lucky that I had only one foot in the door...
Never trust dog, no matter how friendly he appears. After all, it's his turf and dog can be ticked off by anything...

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I once had a customer that had one of those yappy ankle biter dogs and this thing would not shut up. After politely asking her to put the dog somewhere else as I could not take it anymore. 10 minutes later I finally told the lady in a very stern tone of voice that if she doesn't shut that dog up I was leaving. She finally took the ass pain upstairs.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
A couple of weeks ago I did a shower regrout for an elderly couple. (in their late 80's)
It was a downstairs bathroom, so when I was done I called upstairs to tell the lady I was finished.
I went halfway up the stairs calling her name, as I rounded the first turn she came out of a bedroom completely naked...
That's an image I can't wash out of my mind

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
A couple of weeks ago I did a shower regrout for an elderly couple. (in their late 80's)
It was a downstairs bathroom, so when I was done I called upstairs to tell the lady I was finished.
I went halfway up the stairs calling her name, as I rounded the first turn she came out of a bedroom completely naked...
That's an image I can't wash out of my mind
Hahaha. Sucks for your eyeballs and memory cells. LOL.
I on the other hand have the joy of a beautiful, 25ish year old hottie open her front door stark naked. It was around d 1982. I was happily stunned. I introduced myself and she said "Come In". Shocked and hard, I follow her down the hall, eyes locked on her sweet tight ass and I notice a guy in a white bathrobe sitting, eating a bowl of cereal. I look at him and gaze at the naked girl as if to say... "What Gives"?

He looks at me like it's no big deal, shrugs his shoulder a d continues eating. I follow the babe downstairs to the finished basement and BAM!!!
Another hot young naked babe opens the bathroom door, smiles at me and introduces herself to me. I'm like WHAT-THE-FOOK!?

Anyway, I sadly did not have sex with either one of them, but they were etched in my brain and when I got home from work and saw my girlfriend....well, you guys can figure out how I solved that dilemma. It was kinda like doing her/them.

Oh....And I did clean their carpets but to this day I dont remember anything about it except it took place in Annandale, Va.

wonderboy

Nov 20, 2018
Real Name
Tyler Smiley
I got you all beat. Also, this is my post-ginity.

6 years client has stroke. Nice funny lady really sad. Husband says shes on her way out, can't talk, can't move, they're getting ready to pull the plug. Mortified but deaths after life and that's the way of things so we keep cleaning. Monthly client, so we come back a month later, low and behold sweet client is not dead. Oh god no. She's fine, and she's back. Now cleaning consists of her loudly talking to us about how she oughta kill Dave, throw him in a shitty old hospital to die alone. Asks us what we think. "What do you think about starving Dave to death huh? Smother him with a pillow? Leave him in the desert." Rather aggressive.

Apparently she had scribbled to him while she was in a real bad way that her brain wasn't messed up, she just needed her oxygen back. One of the dumbass doctors had made a quick exec decision that the lady with oxygen for 10 years just didn't need it anymore. He didn't listen, sent her to a recovery home. Now he's screwed.

Anyways, very very very awkward. Actually Im going to have to tell her to stop at some point. It's a bit much.