Auto Scrubbers | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Auto Scrubbers

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
How many of you commercial cleaning guys own your own auto scrubbers? Or would you rather use the clients that they own?

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
I think that depends on the size of the scrubber and the areas you need to clean, as well as products. If you use a different product at every location it would be a bit of a hassle to dump and refill for each job, as well as loading and unloading your scrubber at the job site. I have a 15 gallon 20 inch nobles and it's a huge pain to get it anywhere even using a lift gate.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
We buy autoscrubbers for each site. Ride one for grocery stores and walk behinds for smaller locations. We have 20” walk behinds for one time jobs we transport in a trailer. My preferred make are nobels/tenants

Reactions: Timothyscarpet

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
I think that depends on the size of the scrubber and the areas you need to clean, as well as products. If you use a different product at every location it would be a bit of a hassle to dump and refill for each job, as well as loading and unloading your scrubber at the job site. I have a 15 gallon 20 inch nobles and it's a huge pain to get it anywhere even using a lift gate.
I would just be leaving it at the location and I'm looking into a micro 14in because of the tight areas.

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
I’d advise agains them. They really don’t do a very good job. Get a good 20” nobles and hand mop the areas it doesn’t reach. You’ll be a lot happier in the long run.
What in particular do you not like about the smaller scrubbers? Just trying to do my research, a local supplier has a good deal on the Karcher bd 5050 which is a 20in. But it has a 33.5 squeegee which will make it a tight squeeze in certain areas for this particular client. It's an auto dealership, white gloss tile and grout and we are currently hand mopping with a 2 step wet/dry to leave it nice and shiny. The 14in I thought would excel in small hallways, service counter, and bathrooms. Maybr ill see if I can demo a 20in unit and see how we like it....I know for strip and wax I'd love it!

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
What in particular do you not like about the smaller scrubbers? Just trying to do my research, a local supplier has a good deal on the Karcher bd 5050 which is a 20in. But it has a 33.5 squeegee which will make it a tight squeeze in certain areas for this particular client. It's an auto dealership, white gloss tile and grout and we are currently hand mopping with a 2 step wet/dry to leave it nice and shiny. The 14in I thought would excel in small hallways, service counter, and bathrooms. Maybr ill see if I can demo a 20in unit and see how we like it....I know for strip and wax I'd love it!
In my experience smaller scrubbers lack sufficient downforce to make them effective for anything besides light daily cleaning and even then it can be a big maybe.

Reactions: floorclean

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
In my experience smaller scrubbers lack sufficient downforce to make them effective for anything besides light daily cleaning and even then it can be a big maybe.
We bought the powr flite predator 14 and it's crushing it! Love how the squeegee is right behind the brush, it's small enough to drive into bathrooms and behind counters and even in the halls you don't feel like it's too small. Plus I can load it into my van without ramps in the event that I have an off site side gig that I need it for. I'm really looking forward to having it at my disposal.

BD janitorial

Oct 18, 2017
Real Name
Brad Dorner
TimothysCarpet. the powerflite predator 14 can you tell me your experience with;
run time on a full battery charge?
cleaning time per 1000 sq ft or tell me about the jobs you use on
how long does it take to charge?
are the batteries removable? or do they charge onboard? not in a charger
Thanks Brad BD Janitorial

Reactions: Timothyscarpet

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
TimothysCarpet. the powerflite predator 14 can you tell me your experience with;
run time on a full battery charge?
cleaning time per 1000 sq ft or tell me about the jobs you use on
how long does it take to charge?
are the batteries removable? or do they charge onboard? not in a charger
Thanks Brad BD Janitorial
I've only used it once, my tech is the guy running it after hours, battery life is around 60 min, on board charger it just plugs into a wall outlet no special charger, batteries are removable though so they can be replaced if needed. Not sure on the square footage we use it on but it's alot of smaller areas in a car dealership, white gloss tile and grout, bathrooms, service counters, which this thing excels at. The photo bay and hallways it is a bit small but honestly probably only requires an extra pass or two compared to using a larger 20 in scrubber. Very well built little machine let me know if you have any other questions. Another application I'm planning to use it for is my rinse pass prior to waxing vct after we strip them.