area rug wont lie flat?

Rick F

Apr 27, 2011
new york
Real Name
richard fall
Business Location
United States
Customer from rug i cleaned today sent picture of her rug i cleaned. It is rippled on the ends and wont stay flat, it was flat before. I cleaned 2 of the same one is fine. The one i rolled up to bring back up stairs is rippleing. I cleaned with low heat and trashed neutral. BTW i cleaned outside on tarps in sun. How can i fix this rarely clean rugs? Thanks!

IMG_3849.jpg
IMG_3850.jpg

Rick F

Apr 27, 2011
new york
Real Name
richard fall
Business Location
United States
Thanks, I was thinking of cleaning it in the spot it goes, No chems though

ccclean

Mar 12, 2016
Real Name
Stephen Boisvert
That happens on cheap machine made rugs, it should lay down, sometimes it takes 3-5 days if it’s humid. Sometimes they don’t, tell her you will
Buy her a new rug if it doesn’t, that looks like no mare than a $100 dollar rug. Warn customers before hand that the sidecord may ripple. In my experience it’s very hard to tell what rugs will ripple.

Expensive designer rugs often ripple as well but that’s a different situation.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Close up photos of the edges and the back to see how it is constructed would yield a better answer.

This might lay down on its own when completely dry. It might also require stretch and block that a rug repair shop can do. (BTW-We also cover this in our Hands-On Rug classes.)

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Can also be the binding messing with you. If it shrinks it pulls on the rug. Show pic of backing if you have one.

Rick F

Apr 27, 2011
new york
Real Name
richard fall
Business Location
United States
Close up photos of the edges and the back to see how it is constructed would yield a better answer.

This might lay down on its own when completely dry. It might also require stretch and block that a rug repair shop can do. (BTW-We also cover this in our Hands-On Rug classes.)
Thanks i will take pictures when i go back tonight. I am going to put my dri pods on thr rug to.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
My .02
This one should return to flat on it's own, when it's 100% dry. In multiple fiber rugs, (cotton, polyester and nylon for instance) they absorb and release moisture at different rates. When this happens, ripples will occur, but they "usually" bounce right back. I've found once these types of low grade rugs do it once, it seldom happens again.

mrblazer

Mar 29, 2015
Real Name
Sergio esquivel
Business Location
United States

When are your hands on rug classes in the Bay Area.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
When are your hands on rug classes in the Bay Area.
Doug Heiferman and I only hold 2 classes per year. Normally one east half of the country and 1 west. Locations for 2018 are not yet confirmed. Hope to have firm dates and locations for next year in early December. I will post about ti then.