Jimbo Williams

May 11, 2009
NC
precisionsteamcleaning.com
Real Name
Jim Williams
Business Location
United States
I know last year was unusual, coming out of Covid everybody was slammed. Now this year is the slowest I've seen it in 18 years. I'm down 20% from last year. I finally have been booked a week out for a few weeks, but I'm normally booked 4 weeks out from March-September. Just trying to figure out if I raised my prices too much or if it's slower everywhere.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I know last year was unusual, coming out of Covid everybody was slammed. Now this year is the slowest I've seen it in 18 years. I'm down 20% from last year. I finally have been booked a week out for a few weeks, but I'm normally booked 4 weeks out from March-September. Just trying to figure out if I raised my prices too much or if it's slower everywhere.
I did have and unusually poor first quarter, but doing well in the second. I checked my records going back 11 years and the first quarter was the worst since about 11 years ago. However, both last year and the year before were both good very years for me. Maybe it was just a fluke. First quarter is typically always the worst quarter every single year, but this was especially poor. Things have been back to normal after the first quarter. For the most part Covid 19 has not affected my business from the very start. In fact, business has increased some both years until the beginning of this year. I also had a slight price increase that so far nobody's hardly even noticed, but if gas prices continue to rise as well as prices of supplies I may have to up it a little more. For me, it was already about time for a price increase anyway, but gas definitely affected that decision since I'm now paying more than double to fill my tank.

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
What's the difference if your booked out 4 weeks or 1 week you are still only completing a certain amount of jobs per week??.....