Are you a hack?

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Good deal there john. You have the experience on the marketing end with Dave, Plus all the know how between you two!
Maybe I'll move!
Im a little shell shocked right now Buddy...Dont Know how to respond. I have always been a little intimidated by the west coast lifestyles but couldnt hurt to try...Dave we will talk about this for reals later bro.

Steamin' Seaman

Jun 15, 2010
Maine
Real Name
Buddy
Business Location
United States
Im a little shell shocked right now Buddy...Dont Know how to respond. I have always been a little intimidated by the west coast lifestyles but couldnt hurt to try...Dave we will talk about this for reals later bro.

Well, Dave ain't there "cali" yet so I think you have a couple days to think about it.
Whats keeping you where you are? Family? Woman? Kids? Lifestyle? Lot to think about... sit down make a pro and con list and be honest with it.

Reactions: john gerding

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Well, Dave ain't there "cali" yet so I think you have a couple days to think about it.
Whats keeping you where you are? Family? Woman? Kids? Lifestyle? Lot to think about... sit down make a pro and con list and be honest with it.
There is nothing keeping me here Buddy in fact I hate texas.... only reason I wanted to start a company here is because of the potential income.

Reactions: Jimmy Hitt

waxman

Jun 23, 2008
Long Island
Real Name
Vincenzo
Business Location
United States
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1396741480.985462.jpg

An ad from a local hack here!!

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

vladimir

Apr 3, 2011
palmdale ca.
Real Name
Dennis azenon
Business Location
United States
quite the opposite buddy. We start up with the best intentions in mind and we cut corners as we grow.
Great point my friend 1st job i did with absolutely no experience straight to a truck mount and nothing but you tube and the chemicals i was given with my truck mount ,
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1396741963.229075.jpg
customer was happy and now i am doing jobs like this
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1396742036.346405.jpg
you are right we all have the right intensions but we learn from our mistakes

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums. D.V.A. Carpet Cleaning

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
A few years back I went to do an empty upscale 4th floor home at the beach. I was in a limited time parking and the people were moving out. They paid me and said they would be back in 3 hours and I could lock up if they didn't make it back. I said goodbye and started taking my hoses up to the 4th floor. Well the solution line of 200 ft barely reached. The vacuum hose was about 15 ft short.

So I fired everything up,took my hose hooks and then stretched as far as I could. I was still about 10-15ft short to stretch across the room. I said a prayer and said to myself I hope they don't have a hidden camera to show this on the internet. TMF people would be in shock,but the room and whole house for that matter was really clean. So I stretched it as far as I could and misted the wand in the air. Then I raked it up nice. Yes,for that moment I was a hack.

The good news is I cleaned the rest of the house to perfection and if they had cameras they saw an incredible job. Hopefully they would overlook my moment of weakness seeing as I left the rest of the house a cleaning masterpiece. Really the house so clean it didn't need cleaning but I still cleaned it as if it did need a deep cleaning.

So the point is,most of us are truly professional but there will be times like when our equipment fails us that we come up short. At that time we will appear to be a hack. But in reality a hack is someone with no conscience and rips people off on a consistent basis that rarely delivers a good job because they are forced. A pro is someone who has a conscience and consistently delivers good quality but because of some odd reason beyond their control they are forced to deliver less than quality. So they appear to be an hack but in reality they are still a pro.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Are you including that piss soaked carpet pic you posted last year? :rolleyes:
You mean the 800 psi splash and dash:D carpet came out fantastic the customer was stoked that was the whole point of posting the thread.... even when being a hack Im still better then your average 69 dollar hack....;)

Reactions: Jimmy Hitt

Steamin' Seaman

Jun 15, 2010
Maine
Real Name
Buddy
Business Location
United States
There is nothing keeping me here Buddy in fact I hate texas.... only reason I wanted to start a company here is because of the potential income.

West coast babes, in bikinis! Screw Texas!
With the population, I think there is as much potential in Cali as Texas. Plus you would have an endless supply of Daves brushes.

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Does using my carpet rake instead of my crb make me a hack? I had a cat urine soaked runway to deal with. I just couldn't. I didn't want to run my machine through that. I raked the piss out of it, though. From all directions to drive the upt to the source, if that makes a difference.

NO, you say?? Why not? What do you do to be better than all the hacks out there?
I think a hack is someone who does not know good cleaning principal or who is uneducated and takes shortcuts or takes advantage of customers not concerned about repeat business. Puts his porty in a car and uses dish detergent to clean. That's my image of a hack. Just my opinion.
http://www.wilmingtoncarpetcare.com