Are these SEO companies taking me for a ride? Help! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Are these SEO companies taking me for a ride? Help!

Carpet Medic Inc

Mar 28, 2014
Real Name
David
Hello fellow TMF members ,
Here is my question.
I am currently using two companies for SEO and they are listing me on 100 search engines and have gotten me in the first two places in google places. My question is this something I could of done myself, I gave them all the tags so i feel like I did the work they just placed stuff where i told them to. My other question is it bad to have two SEO companies competing for my business because the may conflict and get me bumped off of google,and should I Dump one or both of them. The companies literally just built me a website that was less attractive than the one I had built and put me in those search engines and sinceI'm listed number 2 on google places I am afraid to dump them because they told me I would l lose all my internet presence and not be number two or one anymore.
Thank You
David
Carpet Medic Inc.

Read more: http://www.truckmountforums.com/conversations/seo-ripping-me-off.59389/#ixzz2xQq8pdxS
Follow us: @truckmountforum on Twitter | truckmountforum on Facebook

Reactions: brendan

owenscott

Aug 6, 2009
Friggin Cold Upstate NY
Real Name
Stop snoopin u homo
Business Location
United States
I feel very sorry for you .... two companies to deal with. Yes you can do everything they did. Its all on here.
Sometimes its better to pay for it than deal with the hassle of doing it yourself tho.

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
Depends - how much are you paying them each? You have 2 companies that are possibly sending backlinks to your site - your site could get hit with a penalty if they are both using the same anchor texts. Also depends on where you are located - if the competition is not too heavy SEO gets easier. As far as DIY - I have said it before - are you a cleaner or a SEO guy?
The more I mess around with SEO the more I realize that it is only a part of the equation. SEO should only be 1 part of your entire marketing plan. If for some reason (and we have read about this on this very forum) your site drops to page 57 do you have mailers/post cards hitting your target market? Is you current customer list getting reminded that YOU are their guy (or gal) to go to for their cleaning needs.
As I am getting into the "I am getting to old for this chit" phase of my career I have begun to help other cleaners and service businesses with SEO. I have also just began to realize that what I need to be helping with is a more "total solution" - not just for cleaners but for other small businesses. I am working with a handyman - doesn't even have a website (imagine that!). He stays pretty busy but wants to grow. The answer for him will be a postcard campaign - cheap, fast and effective! Check my post in the "here is my thankyou card" thread. We are possibly going to do a shared mailer.
Referrals - are you getting them? I have 2 tile stores that throw me a TON of grout cleaning and repair work. My website does pretty well but these guys give me way more than the site does.
Yep - you gotta be listed on the search engines and it will cost you a few bucks. You should have a decent looking site as well - but don't live and die by it!
Just my $.02 and my new view on the whole thing.

Reactions: aloha one

Carpet Medic Inc

Mar 28, 2014
Real Name
David
I service buffalo an surrounding areas. I think I'm defiantly going to dump one of them. I'm about to do a postcard mailer. I put my name in get listed and it is at like 64%

bob519

Oct 28, 2011
Canada
Real Name
bob
Business Location
Canada
Sure Shane ....you can stop anytime you want . That's what they all say .
I am thinking of getting some one to citations for the power washing site that's new . 60 citations for 15 dollars on fiverr . Sounds too easy .

Sent from my Nexus 4 using TMF Forums mobile app