Are Mytee spinners any good? tile and grout cleaning | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Are Mytee spinners any good? tile and grout cleaning

Gary T

Sep 5, 2008
Lake Villa, Il
www.TileCareInc.com
Real Name
Garrett Tousignant
If you are planning on doing a lot of tile cleaning the Turbo TH40 is the way to go. It surely beats the rest of them although I can't speak of the new SX15. It is not out yet, I have not tested it and I highly doubt anyone will give me one to test with:)

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

L.C

Oct 17, 2010
california
www.monstersteamer.net
Real Name
ludovic castronovo
Business Location
United States
i have a mytee 8903 Spinner® - 12" Wand Style for tile and grout cleaning similar to the one posted on ebay.. so far i like, it works great..

johntalley

Elite Member
Jun 19, 2008
federal Way,Wa 98003
www.premiercarpetservice.com
Real Name
John Talley
Business Location
United States
I friend bought me a used 1 on craigs list ..

I Like it ..

With in 6 month the main part started going out and would not spin so well and I needed a new brush.. No big I called Mytee they said I could get the parts fron jon Don ... ( not true ) ... called them back and they said we have just 1 model 1 brush ( again Not True ) me and the shop mgr @ Donjon took the brush and tryed o put on with every thing he had in the shop .... It was just to small there older model ( the one they say they dont have ) has a bigger brush .. .. at this point I gave up and bought a new on e-bay paid around 530.00 used it for 6 weeks now it sits in my shed ( maybe rusting ) .. I bought a used s12 lighter faster dry times ....

The spinner leaves the floor very wet ( with a Aero Tech ) .. and 2 phones calls to mytee just to get jerked around ??

I'll give it a 7 ... But parts service I'll give them a "" 2 ""

johnny916

Sep 26, 2010
CA
Real Name
John A
Business Location
United States
So you don't like it.. I'll just wait for the SX-15.

Dan Richard

Oct 16, 2019
Real Name
Dan Richard
An engineering marvel (in a bad way!)-I can't believe how aweful this is--I own 7 spinners and unfortunately one is a Mytee...A total piece of crud!..A class action suit is in order forcing a full refund for any sucker who bought one...screws in plastic instead of nuts and bolts, horrible valve replacement protocol required--1/4 star review is too much (and I'm a positive guy usually, but stupid engineering is one of my pet-peeves)---Do NOT buy...unless you want my slightly used one

Dan Richard

Oct 16, 2019
Real Name
Dan Richard
to johny916....we own an SX-15 too...just stick with the turboforce hybrid--they are amazing

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I've always said that Mytee products aren't necessarily the toughest-built equipment available to you guys, but they serve a price point that makes them great for fellows who are trying out a new process for the first time.

Reactions: Prestigecarpetclean

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I have one and use it once or twice a month. I like it for the price. And when I had a minor annoyance with it and mentioned it on the forum the company owner, john labarbara msged me and sent me a free improved part. No questions asked and it came within a week. The old pardon wasnt even broken, it just came off every once in awhile. I'd buy it again. If I did tile every day I would buy a hybrid.

Prestigecarpetclean

May 10, 2018
Real Name
Jhon
I use mytee spinner really like it but ive never tried another spinner so limited in opinion. If your working with lower psi its ideal

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Yeah mine will spin at like 300psi. Perfect for the porty guys. Just because your porty pump says 1200psi, doesnt mean with a spinner you will get near that. If the flow of the spinner is very much or your hose run is very long you will end up with much less at the spinner head.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Right!?---I just noticed that after writing it! LOL
Still wasn't bad advice. Seems to me Mytees potables are pretty well built, I don't hear much complaint about them, but their tools to accompany those machines like the spinner aren't very well made.

Last edited: