Apex 570 or Titan 575 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Apex 570 or Titan 575

Dec 20, 2019
Real Name
Howard Eddy
Business Location
United States
I am in the process of expanding our tile and grout cleaning business to carpet cleaning. Today we use surface cleaners for tile and grout floors and dry vapor steam technology for showers. Surface cleaners are ok, but I am considering Titan 575 or Apex 570 truckmount for the best possible results. Can anyone tell me why they would choose one over the other?
Thank you in advance!!

tracywalker 1

Jan 14, 2012
Either machine is gonna be great for tile and grout. Very similar specs. Gonna come down to which brand you like better. The new Titan does look amazing, and supposedly has great hot water management so it doesn't just dump into the waste tank to cool down. I currently own a hydramaster CDS, and do tile and grout with it all the time so that may be another option? Good thing about the CDS systems is they don't dump hot water into the waste tank either. I can't stand having to dump prematurely during large jobs.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I just bought a new Titan 575 this last spring. My previous TM was a Prochem Apex. This is NOT to be confused with the machine you are looking at. I have owned many TMs over the years mostly Prochems. I would have stayed with Prochem, but they got bought out by SS. Consider the company history with SS and the fact that the Apex is really a brand new machine where as the Titan 575 has been a proven performer for quite a few years. New models tend to have kinks which have to be worked out and I didnt want to be part of the experiment which is why I switched to HydraMaster.

Although the Prochem Apex was my favorite and used it for 12 years, I have to admit I like using the Titan better.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Ive owned 2 titans, lost one in a wreck still own one they're a solid machine that just runs everytime you ask it to. If you decide on the titan youll be happy with it.

Dec 20, 2019
Real Name
Howard Eddy
Business Location
United States
Thanking you. How is the vacuum for tile and grout cleaning. Will CFM of 400 remove most if not all of the water??

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Titan 575. Proven track record and a simple machine so repairs are less expensive. I’ve had mine for 3 1/2 years I love it. I got the hundred gallon waste tank with mine and the APO. There are some great deals right now from Hydramaster. The new 575’s look awesome.

Dec 20, 2019
Real Name
Howard Eddy
Business Location
United States
Titan 575. Proven track record and a simple machine so repairs are less expensive. I’ve had mine for 3 1/2 years I love it. I got the hundred gallon waste tank with mine and the APO. There are some great deals right now from Hydramaster. The new 575’s look awesome.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Cant go wrong with either machine, I own the new Apex 570 and it's not a total redesign, it's basically the sapphire 570 but with a few changes.

Great heat, great suction, no complaints yet approaching 300 hours of use. I'd honestly go with whichever one your local distributor is giving the best deal on.

One thing the 570 does have is a higher flow pump and cerakoted parts, the higher flow is usually better for tile.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Can you still do floods with the 570? I know the new Everest 870 can’t

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Why in the world can't the 870 do floods ? It has 3 vacuum ports, if anything it was engineered with floods in mind

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I got the High Pressure (2000 psi) upgrade on the Titan 575. You can pressure wash and clean concrete with it. $20,000.

I also went with the 70 gallon waste tank with pumpout. Two reasons. takes less space in the van and (just my thinking) you get more suction in a smaller waste tank. May or may not be true tho.

The ONLY thing I dont like about the HDM design is the 90 degree elbow into the waste tank. I think a straight shot would have been better, but I have to tell you it does seem to have more suction than the Prochem Apex.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
They have the same identical blower and Kubota engines dont they? Doubt there's much difference in suction