Gregg Sargent

Oct 11, 2017
San Diego, California
www.GreggSargent.Com
Real Name
Gregg Sargent
Business Location
United States
if you could pick one item, machine, tool, which one would you take back, or not buy if you could do it over again... not sure i would not take back the SX 12.. i might either buy a differtant one. I know some of you guys may ask why i would take it back.. not sure i would just look around at others. or like i said not buy at all.. i dont do a lot of tile....really somethings i think i want to be good at just a few things... carpet, uphostery, and water damage.... and charge a very good but fair price, keep it simple
I'll share one tool I wish I had bought 5 years earlier. A black light, once we started offering a free pet urine inspection with the black light at every job we started selling $1,000's of our pet urine treatment services. Clients would say that their pets never would go inside the house but the the light showed the truth.

Hope that helps

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
A Bissel Big Green Machine (about $290 on sale from Amazon, brand new, about a month ago). This was before I started thinking of getting into the carpet cleaning business. Well, after doing my carpets, I returned that blessed little comb kinda little machinee, and got my eyes on a Jaguar 8.4. Pat

JustSomeDude

Dec 22, 2017
Real Name
Aaron Blaine
I'm sorry I bought a ninja portable extractor. It leaked and overflowed and the suction was terrible

Reactions: CCWorks

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Very sorry I bought a Trinity Freedom 3 years ago. Wasted $2495.00 on it.

Frank7847

Feb 21, 2011
Real Name
Frank Fox
Business Location
United States
I regret buying a Hydramaster Boxer 427. Having said that, new replacement engine installed, cut out all the electrics and good clean of the hx and it’s a great machine now

Reactions: wandwizard

manbearpig

Mar 17, 2017
Real Name
Mike Pollock
Powerflite 18” dual motor vacuum. Biggest piece of shit vacuum EVER! Whoever designed this one should be ashamed of themselves!

Randy Herman

May 5, 2017
Real Name
Randy Herman
mytee 2002cs I needed a portable with a single power cord for some hallways that only used one circuit. Just not enough lift

Frank7847

Feb 21, 2011
Real Name
Frank Fox
Business Location
United States
I was thinking of buying an RX-20 to save my back. I’m wrecked from 16 years of using a wand. Why do you regret buying it? What would people recommend? Thanks in advance. Frank

I T

Dec 5, 2015
Real Name
Marcos Almeda
Yes. A lindhaus lw-30 and 38. Biggest POS in my opinion. Parts just break off left and right. The machine has extremely poor suction . Just a poorly designed over priced machine. $1,500 wasted

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I regret buying a Hydramaster Boxer 427. Having said that, new replacement engine installed, cut out all the electrics and good clean of the hx and it’s a great machine now
Cut out ALL the electronics? Are you manually operating the diverter now? What about the dema solenoid?

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I was thinking of buying an RX-20 to save my back. I’m wrecked from 16 years of using a wand. Why do you regret buying it? What would people recommend? Thanks in advance. Frank
I used the RX-20 for years and some guys I think still prefer it. I definitely wouldn't pay the price of a new one although they are built to last. The star head that comes with it is extremely expensive and so are all the individual parts that make up the star head. Just check out Jondon's web site and you'll see what I mean. I cleaned a lot of carpet with the RX-20 and for the most part it did a very good job.

I'm using the Rotovac XL now and use the head with teflon glides and a brush most often. It has some problems that could be greatly improved. Still, the heads for it are much cheaper than the RX-20 and it does do an excellent job of cleaning and extracting. I haven't used the Mytee T-rex, but it does have some features that I think are better than the XL. I personally wouldn't want to be w/o some kind of rotary extractor. If you can get a great deal on an RX-20 that is in excellent shape I don't think you can go wrong. Otherwise I'd go with one of the others. There is a bit of a learning curve to any rotary.

Reactions: Joe cool

Gregory Stiel

May 20, 2017
Real Name
Gregory Stiel
'All high psi water and solutions lines have been replaced after the first year because they could not handle the psi pressure the machine would put out.'

You do know you can adjust the pressure. More than 500 psi to clean most carpets is just crazy. My car will go 150 but I sure as hell don;t run it like that.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
Dri Master 3 upholstery tool. Depending on the fabric sometimes it won't even get what you're cleaning wet.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Prochem Legend GT’s. Hate how much oil all mine leak. I’m a neat freak and it freaks me out see all the oil everywhere.