Jeff Maietta

Happy Days!
Aug 15, 2012
Everywhere
Real Name
Geoff Maieta
Business Location
United States
Sorry I ordered some things from jon don 4 months ago and it got delivered to my old Florida address and ups dropped it off without a signature and now I need to pay for it... $250 for a package delivered to a different state... no signature from ups

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TMF Forums mobile app

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Sorry I ordered some things from jon don 4 months ago and it got delivered to my old Florida address and ups dropped it off without a signature and now I need to pay for it... $250 for a package delivered to a different state... no signature from ups

Jeff why don't you PM Bill Yeadon or Steve Toburen and ask them to help you?

encapman

Jul 3, 2006
St Petersburg, FL
www.excellent-supply.com
Real Name
Rick Gelinas
Business Location
United States
Bought not one but two CFR Altra walk behind extractors for commercial jobs we were servicing several years ago. What a huge disappointment, and total waste of money. On a positive note, one of them got stolen when our shop was broken into, so at least insurance covered the cost of one of them.

Rick Gelinas
The Encapman

Jeff Maietta

Happy Days!
Aug 15, 2012
Everywhere
Real Name
Geoff Maieta
Business Location
United States
Thanks Rob. I will. I was hesitant to bother them. Now that you mentioned it, I think it is a great idea. Thanks for taking the time. :D

Reactions: Troyster

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
my truckmount. i wish i'd bought a butler. powerclean went out of business immediately upon receiving the information that i had purchased one of their units.
Which Powerclean model do you have Brian?

BrentS

Jul 12, 2012
Real Name
Brent Sanderson
Business Location
United States
Rotovac 360. It's not a bad tool, but I just can't find a reason to use it. It's slow, and I can clean just as well with the wand. Oh, and the wand dries better.

So, it just sits in the van....

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Rotovac 360. It's not a bad tool, but I just can't find a reason to use it. It's slow, and I can clean just as well with the wand. Oh, and the wand dries better.

Which head you using Brent? And do you have a truckmount or portable?

Troyster

Apr 24, 2013
Terrace BC
Real Name
Troy Sims
Business Location
Canada

I switched the jets out too 11001 jets and will power it with my Mytee porty and give it another go but I agree sloooooooooooooooooow

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
A glide was your worst thing you bought?? You have to be kidding me! Don't tell me you run your wand w/o one!! I don't care what glide you have but, you need a glide!! All a glideless wand will do is lock down on the carpet and you will have NO air flow. I'll spend extra time on the corners if the carpet feel dry before I leave.

Just like the marble under the vac. cuff it (water) won't move till you crack the seal...

Oh yeah worst thing I bought last year was Bridgepointdirect, and a rug rat... I think I even bought that 360 last year, maybe not.
I've never used a glide in over 25 years of carpet cleaning. So let's not get carried away with A glide is a must have "Don't tell me you run your wand w/o one!!" That being said there are way too many people on this board that I respect and they swear by them...especially those green glides.;) I just haven't tried them.
My worst purchase was my Sandia sniper 2000h. Instead of just borrowing the money to buy a truckmount. I decided to buy a decent porty and a 175 and build a business. It finally paid off but I wasted a lot of good years proving that I could clean better with a porty than most can with a truckmount.:p I put it all on my credit card:oops:I put most of my advertising on the credit card as well. That was a mistake on my part.
I march to a different beat than most. I've always tried to maintain a high quality in my work...the funny thing is I was taught how to do it with a porty.It's not that I don't like a truckmount. I love truckmounts. I've used truckmounts about as many years as portys. I just don't need one. It's just so much easier to be a complete idiot and make it in the business just because you have a "powerful truckmount":p I should have bought the truckmount and made payments to the bank. I had just bought my first home and was cash poor but credit was fine......I chose to max out a 5,000.00 card on a porty and advertising:rolleyes: I made mybed so I slept in it as well.

Reactions: James L.

Troyster

Apr 24, 2013
Terrace BC
Real Name
Troy Sims
Business Location
Canada
I would have to say the Ninja Warrior even though it has been reliable and made me money I regret not going with my instincts and buying the Mytee Speedster in the first place and listening too a RotoVac salesman telling me the Mytee wouldn't work in Canada without blowing breakers! Wish I knew about this site before I made all the purchases I made but am grateful I won't be making huge mistakes again when purchasing equipment! If it says Mytee on it i'm buying it!!

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
That being said I am blown away with My Air hog!I use it with 50 feet of hose and my 175 most of the time so far. I did a living room with 25 feet of 2 inch hose today. Pretty awesome.

Reactions: Troyster

BrentS

Jul 12, 2012
Real Name
Brent Sanderson
Business Location
United States
I have the quad head running the jets that came with it. Truckmount.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
Swivel headed stair tool. It is made from high quality parts and metal, it just needs tweaked out. If there was a lock in the swivel to lock the head when you turn it around to keep it from moving, it would make it WAY better.
Plus...I have to agree with some of you on the jetting. The one I have is a single jet, and I think it needs two jets to do a better job. Single jet on any carpet just doesn't do as good a job as 2, 3, or 4 jets on a wand. They have to be closer to the carpet to loosen the soil. I'm returning my new tool tomorrow to swap it out.

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
Going from 2" hose to 2 1/2". Love the cfm increase but hate rolling up and setting up. A real pain but love the results. Tried to go back to 2" vac hoses, loved the easy handling but saw and felt the difference in moisture left in the carpet. Went back to 2 1/2, can't figure which is best. I guess it depends what side of the wand your on. Doing the cleaning or receiving it.