Anyone with experience using the Ninja e1200?

cleaningcolin

Jan 23, 2019
Real Name
Colin
Just got into the business. Have been using the oreck orbiter to do tile & grout and a little carpet.. I want to focus on restaurants though and after a recent experience cleaning about 1800 sq ft. of caked in grease from 15 years, if not more of uncleaned floors... The oreck is just not what I want to use cleaning restaurant floors. Took me about 13 hours and have to go back to get some missed spots.. all for 700$ (mind you with this being a second job at around 50$ an hour, pretty good compared to my 9-5).. anywho.. gonna be financing a ninja e1200.. I have never used a portable let alone a truck mount. Literally only the oreck.. I was wondering if anyone can give me some tips on how to use it, especially on extremely soiled floors like the job I just did. It will come with an hs spinner 12" for now. Any help would be great, including maintenance on the machine tips, psi to avoid and any general advice you have including job quoting extremely soiled floors to what product to use in said situation. I'm excited to start in the industry and have found a passion to do this line of work . I give kudos to all who've been in the janitorial industry as it is not as easy as it looks! Thanks a lot.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
bro i would suggest a truckmount....

but if you are doing tile only you can get by with a portable by adding a deisel heater....
and make sure you have a pumpout on your portable.....

what state are you in???

cleaningcolin

Jan 23, 2019
Real Name
Colin
Hey thanks for the response. Truck mount is ideal but I don't have the dough for it. I'm not doing this full time either just a side gig to make some decent extra money. I'm in Canada and I guess a lot of the portables will not work here due to only about 15 amps available. So I'm basically stuck with the ninja e1200 or getting a crb or rotowash however for only a little more the ninja seems like the better choice since it can do upholstery and carpet too. The ninja has the pump out and in

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
there is an option for more pressure and less amps......

i have my TM with a separate pressure washer pump and kholer engine.....
thats what i hoave on both my machines.....

you could get the pressure washer and run your hose in and only get a portable for vacuum and pumpout......

i have a full line if your interested....
americantruckmounts.com

i can send pics on the pressure washer/carpet cleaning pump....call or text if you want more info......
marcus

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Restaurants really need truck mount. Most commercial type jobs do. You're going to wear your body prematurely doing all the portie work. I know you can't afford it now, but that 13 hours you spent, you could've done $2,000+ worth of work.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Restaurant tile is pretty high up there as the toughest tile work on the lower end of the pay scale. I'm not a super high heat guy, but you will need it here along with great chems (look at TMF grout master and shorebest) and higher flow than even the Ninja will give you. You should look at a propane cart heater and eventually a separate electric high pressure cat pump (240v) like restaurant hood cleaners use (plenty of 240v outlets in the kitchen). The Ninja will give you plenty of vacuum for a spinner or a tile wand, but working towards higher heat and flow is going to be a night and day difference for you in the long run. You don't have to do any of this in the beginning, but I would work towards it if you want to do some of the the most demanding tile work.

Reactions: smartcarpetcare

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I started out doing restaurants. I have a TM with diesel heater.
You need psi in the 1200-1500 range, and temp around 150-160 degrees.
GM spiked with floor stripper works well.
I mix the solution in a 5 gallon bucket and slop it down with a mop.
Then agitate with a 175 & blue malish brush.
And it still takes more time & aggravation than its worth.
I don't do them anymore, except maybe a chick fil a here and there coz they close on a Sunday and I can't work during the day.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I started out doing restaurants. I have a TM with diesel heater.
You need psi in the 1200-1500 range, and temp around 150-160 degrees.
GM spiked with floor stripper works well.
I mix the solution in a 5 gallon bucket and slop it down with a mop.
Then agitate with a 175 & blue malish brush.
And it still takes more time & aggravation than its worth.
I don't do them anymore, except maybe a chick fil a here and there coz they close on a Sunday and I can't work during the day.
*can work during the day

BROOMYS

Apr 30, 2018
Real Name
Angelo Batts
If the portable is what you can afford, use it. When you get truckmount-money, buy a truckmount and a van to put it in. Watch some YouTube videos on the ninja and other 1200psi portables. You can even buy a pressure washer, gas or (electric for indoors) with the spinner head. You’ll need access to a water hose outlet to plug in the water hose. And you’ll need a wet vacuum cleaner or portable with a squeegee for vacuuming the water. For hot water, you can get a bucket heater. TMF GROUTMASTER does the trick.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
The Ninja 1200 as as good a portable as you can get in Canada with the Canadian electrical approval. It will be a major upgrade from your Oreck. You will like it.

The Ninja does come with a pretty good owner's manual. That should help with the maintenance.

Viper Venom Powder, some dwell time and occasional use of a good grout brush and you will get great results.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Ninja is a good machine. I’m in Canada as well and would recommend looking at the Michael’s machine basically the same machine a whole lot cheaper.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Just got into the business. Have been using the oreck orbiter to do tile & grout and a little carpet.. I want to focus on restaurants though and after a recent experience cleaning about 1800 sq ft. of caked in grease from 15 years, if not more of uncleaned floors... The oreck is just not what I want to use cleaning restaurant floors. Took me about 13 hours and have to go back to get some missed spots.. all for 700$ (mind you with this being a second job at around 50$ an hour, pretty good compared to my 9-5).. anywho.. gonna be financing a ninja e1200.. I have never used a portable let alone a truck mount. Literally only the oreck.. I was wondering if anyone can give me some tips on how to use it, especially on extremely soiled floors like the job I just did. It will come with an hs spinner 12" for now. Any help would be great, including maintenance on the machine tips, psi to avoid and any general advice you have including job quoting extremely soiled floors to what product to use in said situation. I'm excited to start in the industry and have found a passion to do this line of work . I give kudos to all who've been in the janitorial industry as it is not as easy as it looks! Thanks a lot.
Hi, if you will clean only tiles then ninja 1200 is fine but for carpet cleaning that machine will not have enough power. Look in to other portables with high velocity and 500 psi, you can use it for carpet and tiles. For tile grout cleaning just pre scrub with a CRB or 175 machine then extract the dirt with 400psi. At the same time these machines will have auto dump and auto fill that will increase your productivity. It will be more expensive but it's worth it. Look in to mytee machines or Jaguar 8.4.