shooky

Nov 11, 2013
Katy, TX
www.shookcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Joe Saad
Business Location
United States
Had a guy give a water test regarding installing a water softener in my house. Presented an amazing test of how soft water cleans better and requires less soap. Now make me want to install a water softener in my can. Thoughts?
What was the "amazing test of how soft water cleans better and requires less soap."? Can you describe it?
Lol. That’s exactly what he showed. I Took away two things: 1. Less buildup in the TM and less soap used.

Reactions: Scott W

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I am using my rv softener now for about a month and half and still testing level 0. I do 2-3 jobs a day,however our gta water level is at 8-9, probably that is why I still don't need to descale it. Will I clean without it? No way, I do finish my jobs faster, even some days I can fit the 4th job in the day.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Having 450-500 psi the water otter, with high heat, with great suction, with superior cleaners, and knowledge/experience makes my job easy enough to last about 7-8 hours cleaning.

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
Just hook up and clean away.
Is the 32000 grains available in the interlink page the best suited for us carpet cleaners? A smaller (16000) wouldn’t keep up to soften water while cleaning? Or it will keep up but it would just have to be recharged more often than a larger capacity tank?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Is the 32000 grains available in the interlink page the best suited for us carpet cleaners? A smaller (16000) wouldn’t keep up to soften water while cleaning? Or it will keep up but it would just have to be recharged more often than a larger capacity tank?
Either unit will give the same result and keep up with whatever volume of water you use for carpet cleaning or tile and grout cleaning. The difference is how frequently it needs to be recharged.

How frequently it needs to be recharged depends upon water hardness and how much water you use. The typical carpet cleaner can go about 2 weeks with the 16,000 grain model and 4 weeks to 30 days with the larger 32,000 grain model.

Reactions: Joe cool and Rico1

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Scott is right on the dot. I have the 16000 grain model and at the very first the recharge did not required for about 2 months, but after the first one I need to recharge it every 2-3 weeks. I have recharged 2 weeks ago and yesterday I have tested it and it was around 1.5-3 gpg, This weekend I will recharge it again.

Reactions: Scott W and Rico1

skidom1

Nov 30, 2010
NM
Real Name
Dominic Cillis
Business Location
United States
We have very hard water here and I have discovered that regenerating the water softener every 15 hours of cleaning operation works best for us.

Reactions: Rico1

Hallsy86

Oct 19, 2015
Real Name
Eric Hall
I am using my rv softener now for about a month and half and still testing level 0. I do 2-3 jobs a day,however our gta water level is at 8-9, probably that is why I still don't need to descale it. Will I clean without it? No way, I do finish my jobs faster, even some days I can fit the 4th job in the day.
What softener did you buy? Was it easy to install?

Allred

Dec 10, 2017
Real Name
Erich Allred
Fedri I have a question for you. If you had to choose between the water softener and cold water or 140 Degree heat, which would you choose. Both isn't the answer right now for me. Thanks for your time and experience.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Fedri I have a question for you. If you had to choose between the water softener and cold water or 140 Degree heat, which would you choose. Both isn't the answer right now for me. Thanks for your time and experience.
Hi, I would choose 140 degree heat and add some borax in to my pre spray, huge difference.