shooky

Nov 11, 2013
Katy, TX
www.shookcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Joe Saad
Business Location
United States
Had a guy give a water test regarding installing a water softener in my house. Presented an amazing test of how soft water cleans better and requires less soap. Now make me want to install a water softener in my can. Thoughts?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
There are a few threads on water softeners, types, and valid reasons for installing one. I thought about an rv type. Easy to charge pretty cheap. Dont know enough about each to comment on best.

Reactions: shooky

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Its one of those things that make you a better cleaner. I have one and would not clean without it even though we don't have hard water in our city.

Reactions: Fedri and shooky

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I have an rv nomad water softener. Works great. We have terrible water here, 24 -40 gpg.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
BTW, I bought my house softener online and installed it myself. We have 6 people, 3 bathrooms and it generates approx 1x a week.

CJ-FL

Dec 9, 2017
Real Name
CJ White
Had a guy give a water test regarding installing a water softener in my house. Presented an amazing test of how soft water cleans better and requires less soap. Now make me want to install a water softener in my can. Thoughts?
What was the "amazing test of how soft water cleans better and requires less soap."? Can you describe it?

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I have a kinetico system on my well, love it....cleaning with soft water makes a huge difference.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
What was the "amazing test of how soft water cleans better and requires less soap."? Can you describe it?
I don't know the test referred to in the post, but Tom Forsythe and I have done some testing on carpet cleaning. This included some side by side with the only difference being soft water. We did full presentation of the test methods and results at a couple of conferences including the IICRC Technical conference. Here is an example. Nylon carpet. No prespray one rinse pass with Flex Ice and one dry stroke. We used a small spotting extractor. Only difference was hard water or soft water.
Flex Ice hard soft water comparison.jpg

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
I have RV water softeners in both of our truckmount vans - around $300 each. You'll pay a lot more if you get one from a carpet cleaning supplier than ordering an RV one online.

Just makes sense to have one IMO.
Is water softened fast enough to just turn on TM and clean away with your softeners? Or do you have to soften and fill fresh water tank in order to have enough soft water available?

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
Our city has crazy hard water, the next city over in the next state has beautiful soft water...
To wash your hair in my city you need a handful of shampoo
Interstate you need a few drops in comparison....
Want to wash Carpet with a few drops of prespray or a handful...

Reactions: Scott W

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat