Anyone using a truck or suv for carpet cleaning vehicle? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Anyone using a truck or suv for carpet cleaning vehicle?

Mar 13, 2014
I have a full size van for my main carpet cleaning vehicle but was considering using a truck with a cap for backup. Also it could be used as second setup when I am really busy for my employee. Anyone use something other then a van? The truck or suv is soon to be my personal vehicle

Last edited:

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
I dont. But over the next few months I'm building a trailer as a backup. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Reactions: See Spots Run

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
I have a full size van for my main carpet cleaning vehicle but was considering using a truck with a cap for backup. Also it could be used as second setup when I am really busy for my employee. Anyone use something other then a van? The truck or suv is soon to be my personal vehicle
Back in the 1990s we owned a Dodge Mini Ram Van which is basically a commercial version of the Caravan. The smallest of the mini vans
we were able to install a Steamaction Nike 22. Also a hose reel and accessories. This truck was used daily as I had an employee/friend who
did a lot of the carpet cleaning that we had. Back then the Nike 18's or 22's were long ,narrow and not as tall as most other brands. This was
no entry level . It had 22HP Kohler and a 45 Roots blower. Not sure this will help but I was pleasantly surprised we were able to do this. The little van had a 2.2 litre 4 cylinder yet worked like a charm. If I were wanting something that may need to be customized in order to fit in a certain type of vechicle I would call Nick Nellos of EZ Truckmounts. They are well built and the basic frame etc.. doesn't take up much room.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I use to use the 2007 Suzuki xl7 and that suv was reliable with 4w dr but it was small. I was never able to fit my equipment properly. If you will do only carpet cleaning which you will need one porty machine and a wand than you can have an suv. But adding other services like tile grout cleaning... or adding a booster.... go with the van

WillnDeb

May 11, 2011
Real Name
Will
Business Location
United States
We have a world famous carpet cleaning mogul here who is using one to take the world by storm and is evidently doing so well he stopped posting,,,,,,lol

Mar 13, 2014
We have a world famous carpet cleaning mogul here who is using one to take the world by storm and is evidently doing so well he stopped posting,,,,,,lol
Who are you referring to? I'm undecided what to do still. Haven't bought my personal vehicle yet. I like my two man setup like many use. My e350 has 63,000 miles without a single issue. Can't justify a second van for my daily driving and family car. I like the idea of a family car that can be used in a pinch for work as well

WillnDeb

May 11, 2011
Real Name
Will
Business Location
United States
Who are you referring to? I'm undecided what to do still. Haven't bought my personal vehicle yet. I like my two man setup like many use. My e350 has 63,000 miles without a single issue. Can't justify a second van for my daily driving and family car. I like the idea of a family car that can be used in a pinch for work as well
I wasnt speaking of you we have a member who is MIA right now using a truck and shell for a back up who's chops get busted a lot.

Cliff

Jan 26, 2013
Real Name
Clifton Dorsey
I have Dodge Grand Caravan that I use. It has the stow and go seating so it has a lot of room. No advertising but save on gas and it's more comfortable.

Cliff

Jan 26, 2013
Real Name
Clifton Dorsey
Have any pictures of the setup?
Not really a setup. I am using a portable. I just put it in the back and strap it down. I have a Chevy 3500 that I was using but it's no reason to use all of that truck so I'll let it sit until I get a TM.

CR14

Feb 7, 2015
Real Name
CR
Cocalico, I have a Trail Blazer for my personal vehicle. There have been a few times I put my porty in the back of it. For what ever reason the TM is not feasable. I have also thought about using it when things get busy As well.
Portable. hose bag w. Vac. Hp and extension cords. basic spoting /chemical kit. Wand. Stair tool. 1 gal Pump up sprayer . Bucket. Work book.
Use to bring a roto360i but now bring a CRB.

CR14

Feb 7, 2015
Real Name
CR
I stoped bringing the 360i . I found the CRB for agitation and lift to be wayy fatser then the 360i and just as gooD. That and most of the time I just end up using the CRB as a VLM and skip using the tm or porty.

CR14

Feb 7, 2015
Real Name
CR
I stoped bringing the 360i . I found the CRB for agitation and lift to be wayy fatser then the 360i and just as gooD. That and most of the time I just end up using the CRB as a VLM and skip using the tm or porty.