Anyone running the Sapphire 2500HS?

Tsxer

Jun 17, 2019
Real Name
Tim Johnson
I'm wondering how the unit is working for you and if this unit is just as good for carpet as it is for HS.

What do you like and dislike about it?

I'm in Canada and we have a very limited supply available and I believe this is the best unit I can find used here just want to get some insight from someone who has used it before

ccclean

Mar 12, 2016
Real Name
Stephen Boisvert
I have one I it a lot, I had a sensor issue and an install issue that were resolved a long time ago. I have 1500 hours on mine.

I do almost exclusively rugs and it’s great for that. It’s like a Sapphire 370 with a bigger motor and pump.

Reactions: Tsxer

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I don't like the fact it is air-cooled personally. The higher PSI pump is nice but why do you need it for carpet? I'd think in Canada a PTO like the 1200SE would be a good fit so you can keep the van toasty while working?

Tsxer

Jun 17, 2019
Real Name
Tim Johnson
Cclean - that's awesome, I'm going to look at one with 300 hours on Thursday. The truck only has 30,000 km's so I'm more than likely going to purchase the truck.

Just wanted to make sure it was also good for rugs the fact it does hardsurfaces is a bonus for me.

OxifreshGuy - the higher psi you can use for pressure washing / for hard surfaces like natural stone I believe.

The used units up here are so limited im flying to the other side of Canada and driving the truck home 35 hours away lol.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
well thats less than the 25 hour drive I had to pick up my new setup but well worth it!

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I'd think Canada is a prime carpet cleaning market with all the cold weather seasons. Do most people have carpet up north ?

Tsxer

Jun 17, 2019
Real Name
Tim Johnson
Oxifresh - not really, the majority of individuals out here get rid of carpet and dislike it.

But with that being said carpets are still being installed in basements and bedrooms on new builds and there are still plenty of homes that still contain carpet.

I'm not very familiar with carpet cleaning but I have 5+ years in the restoration industry. I have had %100 of my jobs subcontracted to me and now looking at another source of income which can be incorporated with restoration.

Just bought my plane ticket to go see the 2500HS anything I should look out for ?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
If theres a Jon Don nearby I'd always have it inspected before buying but, anything over 3,000 hours will probably have issues. Just run the machine, check it at different PSIs see if you get any PSI significant drop after turning the heat on , check the inlet and outlet filters for any scale build up, look for signs of oil leaks around blower, pump and engine.

Check the air filter in waste tank etc

ccclean

Mar 12, 2016
Real Name
Stephen Boisvert
Oxifresh - not really, the majority of individuals out here get rid of carpet and dislike it.

But with that being said carpets are still being installed in basements and bedrooms on new builds and there are still plenty of homes that still contain carpet.

I'm not very familiar with carpet cleaning but I have 5+ years in the restoration industry. I have had %100 of my jobs subcontracted to me and now looking at another source of income which can be incorporated with restoration.

Just bought my plane ticket to go see the 2500HS anything I should look out for ?

If you can figure out what year it is that would be useful.

Early models had Briggs and Stratton’s that were bad.

I personally like the air cooled Kohler. It has hydraulic lifters and liquid oil cooling. Mine doesnt leak or burn any oil.

The thermostat on the panel of newer machines have a LOW MED HIGH setting. The old ones just have a knob to turn left and right and a different heat control system.

The only really problem I’ve had is the RTD (temp sensor) gumming up from running a powdered rinse. It would shut down the machine thinking it was overheated. I’ve heard of this problem several times.

Other wise look for basic maintenance, oil changes, filter changes a waste take that has been cleaned a few times.

Tsxer

Jun 17, 2019
Real Name
Tim Johnson
Thanks for the tips guys I really appreciate it as I have no experience.

The reason I'm going for this unit is the low hours of 300 and the truck has low mileage so it should last me quite a while.

I believe the unit would be from 2011-2013 I can find out the specific year shortly.

Attachments

Tsxer

Jun 17, 2019
Real Name
Tim Johnson
I just checked with the seller the unit is from the end of 2012 he purchased it in December of 2012.

I'm not sure if this falls under the "older model"

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
2012 model with only 300 hours is quite low. I'd be more concerned with parts failing due to lack of use!

Reactions: Tsxer

Tsxer

Jun 17, 2019
Real Name
Tim Johnson
I'm not sure why I'm so skeptical of it being good for carpets. Maybe just the fact they put HS on it lol.

The CFM is substantially lower compared to some units.

The 2500HS is rated for 371 CFM is that something I should be concerned about?

Fast Finish

Jun 22, 2019
Real Name
Patrick
I have one with less than 400 hrs. Purchased new. Use for miscellaneous jobs and sometimes detail work when pressure washing.... we are contractors that install epoxy so it doesn’t get used as much as what we intended. It is trailer mounted too. Will sell it if your deal falls tbrough.

Tsxer

Jun 17, 2019
Real Name
Tim Johnson
I bought the unit, everything was in amazing condition and the seller spent 2 hours going through everything with me so I was comfortable.

My 35 hour drive home starts tomorrow lol. Excited to get back and start some jobs!

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke