Anyone running a Prochem Everest w/the Hyundai Engine?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 30, 2008
Colorado
Real Name
Chris
Business Location
United States
I would like some input on the Prochem Everest with the Hyundai engine. I have heard there have been issues with the computer going out because of heat issues. How does it do with dual wanding with longer hose runs. I am not needing input or suggestions about other truckmount options.

Oct 30, 2008
Colorado
Real Name
Chris
Business Location
United States
I am wondering if it is necessary to remote mount the ECU or is the problem with the heat damaging the Zenith ECUs infrequent. Is it difficult to rewire the ECU or can a wiring extension be purchased?

Jun 28, 2010
California
Real Name
Jonathan Powers
Business Location
United States
I would like some input on the Prochem Everest with the Hyundai engine. I have heard there have been issues with the computer going out because of heat issues. How does it do with dual wanding with longer hose runs. I am not needing input or suggestions about other truckmount options.
We use the Everest 650, and have been happy so far. It has 700 hours and all is well. No ecu issues. My only gripe are the vac belts, which were fried by 500 hours. Dual wanding works well, up to about 300 feet per wand. Over that and vacuum really tanks. The heat could be slightly better with dual wanding, it maintains about 200 to 210 at the truckmount with both wands at a number 4 jet. The one thing that is incredible about this machine is how quickly the heat builds back up to 240+. I would be happy to answer any further questions.

Oct 30, 2008
Colorado
Real Name
Chris
Business Location
United States
Thanks. It amazes me that the dual wanding is not better at longer runs with that big of a blower. I dual wand some times and would expect more linear foot hose runs with such a large machine. What year is your Everest?

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I just tried out a Prochem machine today. It was the Legend and it had a lot of suction, but they only had 25' of hose on it which isn't even close to being realistic. I saw the Everest and the guy was telling me it was a 3 wand machine:AddEmoticons0423: and I think they were talking 25 or 28 grand for that thing. Too rich for my porty blood.

racebum

Jul 14, 2010
Oregon
www.mountainviewcarpetcare.com
Real Name
kyle
Business Location
United States
I just tried out a Prochem machine today. It was the Legend and it had a lot of suction, but they only had 25' of hose on it which isn't even close to being realistic. I saw the Everest and the guy was telling me it was a 3 wand machine:AddEmoticons0423: and I think they were talking 25 or 28 grand for that thing. Too rich for my porty blood.
if you liked the legend, used ones sell cheap. since they are outclassed by the boxxer 421 and sapphire 370 the sell prices take a serious hit. i've seen many in good condition sell for $5000 and higher hour ones go for $2000-3000

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
if you liked the legend, used ones sell cheap. since they are outclassed by the boxxer 421 and sapphire 370 the sell prices take a serious hit. i've seen many in good condition sell for $5000 and higher hour ones go for $2000-3000
I did like it, but it's the first TM I've ever used so I have nothing to compare it too. I didn't realize how inexpensive they are used. what really scares me about a used TM is what it costs to have them worked on if it should decided to die on me.

racebum

Jul 14, 2010
Oregon
www.mountainviewcarpetcare.com
Real Name
kyle
Business Location
United States
I did like it, but it's the first TM I've ever used so I have nothing to compare it too. I didn't realize how inexpensive they are used. what really scares me about a used TM is what it costs to have them worked on if it should decided to die on me.
oh they don't really die per se, things just break. the engine and blower are the most expensive. new engines are about $1500 and the blower can be rebuilt. solution pumps are usually under 500, most parts are things like temp control switches, belts and exhaust gaskets. lot of sub $100 is what you'll generally find.

if you buy new amtex has the best performance per dollar of the truckmounts. also easy to fix, they just aren't quite as cosmetically pleasing to look at

Jun 28, 2010
California
Real Name
Jonathan Powers
Business Location
United States
Thanks. It amazes me that the dual wanding is not better at longer runs with that big of a blower. I dual wand some times and would expect more linear foot hose runs with such a large machine. What year is your Everest?
My everest is 2010 'model. Keep in mind that a 2 inch hose has its limits with cfm and the farther out you go the more you feel the limits.

ASAP

Feb 1, 2011
Ca
Real Name
Pete DLP
Business Location
United States
I own a 2010 Everest 650 HP...... Has 730 hrs on it WITHOUT any issues No problems, leaks, seaks. I change oil every 75 hrs using only mobil 1 fully synthetic oil....Nothing I could complain about. Heats fast.... Has more then enough suction. I do run 2.5 to the front door.

The Everest was an excellent purchase for us! Any other questions? You can call me at 209-668-2727

gord

Jan 25, 2012
Real Name
gord
Business Location
United States
I’m just in the process of buying an Everest 408 with 60 Gal console water tank and fuel kit installed for 31,776.00 CDN. Is does that sound like a fare deal? I’m from Vancouver Canada
I have been running a JEM PTO for the last 10 years and have gotten my money’s worth out of it .
Are there any known problems with the Everest? Is everyone happy with there’s?

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
I’m just in the process of buying an Everest 408 with 60 Gal console water tank and fuel kit installed for 31,776.00 CDN. Is does that sound like a fare deal? I’m from Vancouver Canada
I have been running a JEM PTO for the last 10 years and have gotten my money’s worth out of it .
Are there any known problems with the Everest? Is everyone happy with there’s?
I don't know what your GST taxes and such are but you can buy an Everest for 20-25% off retail, I bought the 60 gal console from Interlink for $1148 (yes they do negotiate)

I don't have experience with the new everest but I had a EFI HP 2006 model and at 1700 hours I put in a new computer and new throttle body and new throttle switch. I ended up relocating the computer to the front of the van and putting in a 12 volt cooler...

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
they are rating that TM with "up to" ..... 650 cfm

If I am correct they will run the blower about 70-80%...??????

that is about 500-550cfm

for dual wand you cut it in half 250- 275 cfm????
that is less than a 36 blower

also on 1 tank when you pull up 1 wand you will lose vacuum.....
so who knows what you are getting when you lift the wand?????
200cfm????....

it is very difficult to do dual wand with 1TM and 1 tank

it would be easier and better to have a smaller booster TM with a 36 blower and a separate tank......
that would be the only way to have a true dual mount system

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I know this is off topic but let me get this straight. Two people on this board have 2010 Everests with 700 hours on them. That's less than 100 hours a year. What am I missing?

Jul 12, 2018
Real Name
Cash
I know this is off topic but let me get this straight. Two people on this board have 2010 Everests with 700 hours on them. That's less than 100 hours a year. What am I missing?[/QUOTE

That’s not entirely unrealistic to run 100 hrs a year. Carpet cleaning is only about 25% of my business. I bought a Prochem Everest in January 2018 and I have just broke in 100 hrs. In 6 months. But we also run 2 carpet cleaning vans so we are running about 150-200 hrs a year.

May 23, 2013
Real Name
James Marsh
I have an Everest 650. 26 months old with 3000 hours. :) I work it hard. I run it on high 75 percent of the time. No problems except a busted heat exchanger which was my fault. Chemical pump had to be redone once and I busted a belt. I only change the motor oil about every 400 hours with synthetic and the blower and water pump oil and the 2000 hour mark. Because everyone gets on me about my maintenance I never had a engine. blower or water pump go out on me in my 20 years being in business. I even got 9000 hours out of an old max machine.

May 31, 2018
Ohio
Real Name
Stephen Swabek
Business Location
United States
I have an Everest 650. 26 months old with 3000 hours. :) I work it hard. I run it on high 75 percent of the time. No problems except a busted heat exchanger which was my fault. Chemical pump had to be redone once and I busted a belt. I only change the motor oil about every 400 hours with synthetic and the blower and water pump oil and the 2000 hour mark. Because everyone gets on me about my maintenance I never had a engine. blower or water pump go out on me in my 20 years being in business. I even got 9000 hours out of an old max machine.
I mean you can do what you do but 400, especially running it on high, seems way too long. I have a hydramaster 875 titan thst I usually run on low for sub 200 feet runs and I still change the oil every 100. I use thicker diesel oil too.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
I know this is off topic but let me get this straight. Two people on this board have 2010 Everests with 700 hours on them. That's less than 100 hours a year. What am I missing?
We are so wildly successful that we don’t have to work much?