Anyone have thoughts on this ?

La Flama Blanca

May 16, 2013
Real Name
Darin
Does anyone here know of Tyler Hill in Gilbert AZ ? I had an incident yesterday involving a Tyler Hill on Facebook who bashed me publicly by calling me a liar regarding one of my pictures having an IICRC logo that also said "certified firm" I was unaware of the difference between a certified technician and certified firm. I have since removed the picture. Who here knows of a Roadrunner Floor Care in Gilbert, AZ ? I have the screen shots of the posts if anyone is interested.

He was right with the fact that I am not a certified firm however I am a certified tech. It was a cowardly act on his part and quite frankly it made him look like a complete jackass. If I had a problem with a company or person I would bring it to their attention not trash them publicly like he did. Some say he was just jealous...I don't really care. It's sad that there are cleaners out there that feel the need to bring others down to make themselves look better. (which in this case didn't work)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cleaningprofessionals/?fref=nf

La Flama Blanca

May 16, 2013
Real Name
Darin

Attachments

• 1428521096010.jpg
    1428521096010.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 433
  • 1428521111810.jpg
    1428521111810.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 414
  • 1428521130146.jpg
    1428521130146.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 408
  • 1428521148931.jpg
    1428521148931.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 402
  • 1428521163667.jpg
    1428521163667.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 395
  • 1428521183631.jpg
    1428521183631.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 412
  • 1428521205469.jpg
    1428521205469.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 388
  • 1428521218658.jpg
    1428521218658.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 391

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
pretty sure that cats a member here
You're right he is.

But just to be clear Darin I don't think you have much to complain about if you were advertising as a certified firm and aren't. Yes honest mistakes happen but if somebody calls you out on them then I don't think you should be mad at them to be honest. Of course I don't know the whole story.

Last edited:
Reactions: CCWorks and TimM

Shawn Abbey

Nov 20, 2008
Oregon
Real Name
Shawn Abbey
Let it go.......

You had the support of people out there. Don't draw it out! You did the right thing.

There were 5 people on that thread that asked you a question that went unanswered. I'd focus on giving them your full attention. They're the most important! Not the guy that bruised your ego.

My $.02

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
Here is what happened. They are in order from top to bottom
I take it you're venting. we all have to vent sometimes. But you can move past that one easily. Look at the number of people that came to your defense, it just made him look like he had egg on his face. Even after he made the comment you had someone ask for 6 rooms of carpet cleaning. Just keep moving along...

Good Luck!

Mar 23, 2012
Surprise Arizona
Real Name
Ty 212
Business Location
United States
Tyler is a good dude, He's actually cleaning a house for me right now and helped out with another one the other day. I think the problem is the pricing gets super annoying. We've talked about it before and there's no point in beating a dead horse but it sucks seeing that type of advertising when we work our asses off to get paid a fair price. I do feel like you work way to hard for what you make Darrin I know you do good work you just don't value your time at all, which is sad. You're a nice guy too so I don't want say mean things but at least think about getting realistic prices in the future. I know everyone is different and has different costs but the 5 rooms for $99 is not realistic pricing. I guess he coulda gone about it the right way and just hired you to clean an empty to see your work...

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
Tyler is a good dude, He's actually cleaning a house for me right now and helped out with another one the other day. I think the problem is the pricing gets super annoying. We've talked about it before and there's no point in beating a dead horse but it sucks seeing that type of advertising when we work our asses off to get paid a fair price. I do feel like you work way to hard for what you make Darrin I know you do good work you just don't value your time at all, which is sad. You're a nice guy too so I don't want say mean things but at least think about getting realistic prices in the future. I know everyone is different and has different costs but the 5 rooms for $99 is not realistic pricing. I guess he coulda gone about it the right way and just hired you to clean an empty to see your work...
I have to agree advertising 5 rooms for $99 and lying about being a "certified firm" doesn't look good. No offense to ya Darin but maybe the guy had a right to be mad. Think of how it looks from his perspective.

Reactions: 212.0

La Flama Blanca

May 16, 2013
Real Name
Darin
Thanks guys. I was unclear what the difference for a certified firm and certified technician was. As for the pricing...this is not a pricing thread. For the people that it looks like I ignored...I PM all of them and booked 6+ jobs from it. I know the guy was right but to go out of his way publicly instead of calling me or messaging me personally got me stirred up. Thanks for all your input.

Reactions: Shawn Abbey

Mar 23, 2012
Surprise Arizona
Real Name
Ty 212
Business Location
United States
Thanks guys. I was unclear what the difference for a certified firm and certified technician was. As for the pricing...this is not a pricing thread. For the people that it looks like I ignored...I PM all of them and booked 6+ jobs from it. I know the guy was right but to go out of his way publicly instead of calling me or messaging me personally got me stirred up. Thanks for all your input.

I get its not a pricing thread but its sad to see someone devalue their time and efforts so bad. You do give a very good service and you price like a bait n switch company yet I know you're not

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
Sure it's not a pricing thread but it's important to illustrate some reasons why that guy was angry that you're calling out. One of the things I'd learn from this is stay off facebook... especially for business. If it creates drama in people's personal lives it can create drama in people's business lives as well which is certainly not needed!!

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States
Does anyone here know of Tyler Hill in Gilbert AZ ? I had an incident yesterday involving a Tyler Hill on Facebook who bashed me publicly by calling me a liar regarding one of my pictures having an IICRC logo that also said "certified firm" I was unaware of the difference between a certified technician and certified firm. I have since removed the picture. Who here knows of a Roadrunner Floor Care in Gilbert, AZ ? I have the screen shots of the posts if anyone is interested. He was right with the fact that I am not a certified firm however I am a certified tech. It was a cowardly act on his part and quite frankly it made him look like a complete jackass. If I had a problem with a company or person I would bring it to their attention not trash them publicly like he did. Some say he was just jealous...I don't really care. It's sad that there are cleaners out there that feel the need to bring others down to make themselves look better. (which in this case didn't work)

i think you are good man. i'm sure you are chapped over it but on the flip side, you have great reviews and people signing your praises. So, i say, you win the exchange. i wouldn't sweat it.