Anyone have an idea??? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Anyone have an idea???

LightningCarpetCare

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Eli Rodriguez
I see they both have duo brushes. But will they do the same on carpet and tile? I looked at the sebo for price and it's efficient. But I know the Crb is perfect and can change brushes. Along with other features it has.

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
They are totally different animals. Both work, I have the inexpensive Sebo---I got it off ebay for $89 including shipping. Both are technically CRBs. The Sebo is about as usable as a Orek Orbiter which is better on stairs. The Strong(Chinese), or Austrian CRB (many different brands on it) are much heavier. The heavier CRBs are the latest board darling items. They work great but are a pain to clean the tons of extra junk they pull out of the carpet.

Reactions: StevenB.

LightningCarpetCare

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Eli Rodriguez
Is the metal crb good to use after a vacuum cleaning? Or just prespray then agitate it with that? I do like the sebo for price cause dang crb I find no less then 1800.00 not trying to be cheap but it's up there.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I owned both. The Strong CRB (sold that POS) and the Sebo. The Sebo is a "Harry Homeowner" type dry clean machine originally designed to use in conjunction with their Duo Dry Compound. If I had a gun to my head I would prefer the Sebo over the Strong BUT..... I prefer my Clarke 175 with carpet brush over either one of those CRB machines. There is a VERY GOOD reason why the 175 still sells like hotcakes to this day, after all these decades. It's because THEY WORK!.... And you can't kill them.

But of course other opinions will vary. Use them all, then decide for yourself.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I owned both. The Strong CRB (sold that POS) and the Sebo. The Sebo is a "Harry Homeowner" type dry clean machine originally designed to use in conjunction with their Duo Dry Compound. If I had a gun to my head I would prefer the Sebo over the Strong BUT..... I prefer my Clarke 175 with carpet brush over either one of those CRB machines. There is a VERY GOOD reason why the 175 still sells like hotcakes to this day, after all these decades. It's because THEY WORK!.... And you can't kill them.

175 all the way Jose!

LightningCarpetCare

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Eli Rodriguez
CRB is a way to go, expensive but it will take you to another level.
I'm not fan of the sebo, I think you can't even compare it with a CRB
I will recomend you to use a 175 W/carpet brush to pre-agitate, instead of sebo.
You have a link?

LightningCarpetCare

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Eli Rodriguez

Very true everyone has their differences but thanks for the advice.

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

LightningCarpetCare

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Eli Rodriguez
What do you guys think with the brush head on the rotovac 360i? I know it's light but would you guys use it?

RENEWCARPET

Nov 9, 2013
Real Name
Brian Ellis
I would gladly bet $100. that a Strong (or any CRB for that matter) will NEVER last as long as my 30 plus year old General. No way - Not happening.
I have a couple Rotowash Retro R4s from the 80s that I still use, I have done some cosmetic refurbishing, but I have never had a motor die on them, gotta love that Austrian engineering

Sent from my SM-N920T using TMF Forums mobile app

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I have a couple Rotowash Retro R4s from the 80s that I still use, I have done some cosmetic refurbishing, but I have never had a motor die on them, gotta love that Austrian engineering

Sent from my SM-N920T using TMF Forums mobile app

Those are a whole different animal compared to those Chinese made CRB machines. You have a Rolls Royce. Those Strong CRB's are Kia's.

Sierra Clean Care

Feb 22, 2015
Real Name
Jeff T.
Those are a whole different animal compared to those Chinese made CRB machines. You have a Rolls Royce. Those Strong CRB's are Kia's.
I totally agree with that statement..... I have a Brushpro (Austrian made) and my buddy owns a strong..... Side by side, you can see a difference..... Pick it up and you know there's a difference..... I wouldn't buy a strong after seeing his machine.....

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
ok I'll be looking into the CRB more cause I get better feed back on that then the sebo

I liked my little Sebo. It was good for what I used it for, but certainly not a true, Professional machine. But for the real Heavy Duty scrubbing....I'd always grab the 175 w/ carpet brush. Why? Because it works and doesn't dick around. I prefer to get home and have a cold beer, not dilly dallying back and forth with a Chinese shitbox.

I also have a Lowboy Orbiter and the smaller Oreck orbiter and even those two took a back seat to the Grand Master of them all. Hope this helps.

Hint.......Buy a 175 and be done with it.

Reactions: LightningCarpetCare