Anyone has a Titan 575 on the hydramaster belly tank? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Anyone has a Titan 575 on the hydramaster belly tank?

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
I am thinking of getting the Hydramaster 85 gallon rotomolded tank to mount my Titan 575 on and in a ford transit 250, low roof. I know I need to first make sure it will fit but, does anyone have the 575 and rotomolded tank combo? What are the pros and cons of the tank? TIA!

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I am thinking of getting the Hydramaster 85 gallon rotomolded tank to mount my Titan 575 on and in a ford transit 250, low roof. I know I need to first make sure it will fit but, does anyone have the 575 and rotomolded tank combo? What are the pros and cons of the tank? TIA!
I have that exact same tank with my Boxxer 421. It is pretty strong with a nice heavy frame. It is well built to last. It takes up a little floor space more than just the machine would, but if you have any tank at all it will also take up some floor space no matter what. Another con is it's about 3 to 4 times the cost of other water tanks that will hold more water than 85 gallons so that's something to think about. It appears that van has plenty of payload capacity to handle both the Titan with that tank full of water, but you best confirm that. The machine with the waste tank alone is 1,000 lbs. and the water tank full is around another 1,000 lbs. nearly. Then you have all your other misc. essentials as well as your own body weight. You could probably save up to 2 grand and have a larger capacity water tank if you wanted to go that route.

Sometimes 85 gallons just doesn't quite cut it and I'm telling you this after using mine for about 12 or 13 years. There are times when I wished I had more water, but that's just occasionally. The vast majority of the time it will be enough water for most average jobs and you can still hook up for the larger ones if possible. There are times when I wished I didn't even have a tank, but it would severely cripple my work if I didn't have it.

Reactions: Rico1

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
being a low profile horizontal tank does it ever have problems when the van is parked on an incline away from the inlet?

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
any tank will have an outlet on one side or another. The water pond I had on my Apex was toward the front of the van, the new water ponds have the outlet on the back. Yep, another *improvement* made by SS. Dumb*sses

Anyway, about the same time I got my 575 with water pond another fella had his installed shortly after. The installer strongly suggested not having the belly tank. Not sure why, but with the height of the 575 you will be extremely limited for maintenance.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
If you have room in your layout elsewhere, think about 1 custom marine grade aluminum tank. Or 2 smaller tanks of the same height in available floor space. You may be able to have it custom fabbed for less than the 85 gallon costs new.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Kasey at relia built can make you any tank you want. We got a stainless steel tank from him about 7/8yrs ago it's a lifetime tank never will need replacement, nice lid design, float valve etc

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
being a low profile horizontal tank does it ever have problems when the van is parked on an incline away from the inlet?
I've never had that kind of problem with it although I have run it dry a few times. If you're on an incline with the front of the van higher the water will go towards the intake for the freshwater pump. I try always to keep my van as level as possible though.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I've never had that kind of problem with it although I have run it dry a few times. If you're on an incline with the front of the van higher the water will go towards the intake for the freshwater pump. I try always to keep my van as level as possible though.
The 100 gallon horizontal I have has 86 gallons usable and has the intake on the starboard side, on the cab end. Backed into most level driveways it's perfect. I only run my PTO's from a level surface, so everything is getting proper lubrication, van and equipment inside. Cleanco's blower and pump oil sight glasses let you know really quick if you are listing to far to port or starboard.

Reactions: wandwizard

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Yeah I cringe everytime I drive through a neighborhood and see a carpet van parked on a steep incline or decline.

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
I have a Titan and the underbelly tank. My 575 is inside a boxtruck with 7 ft roof. Tank is great. I would be more concerned about that low roof and airflow along with maintenance . Good thing 575 is fan cooled though. Only repair I had with my underbelly tank was 12 volt auxiliary 60 psi pump. When I changed out aux pump distributer had me get rid of small blue pressure tank and just go with a 60 PSI surflow pump that constantly runs even when 7 gallon water box is full and not calling for water.

Last edited:

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
I have a fresh water tank in my current van, it’s one of those over the rear wheel well, I want to make use of that space when I put my new van together, I think I am ok to trade off the inconveniences that would come with servicing the TM with the gain of space in the back. Often enough I have to get in garages under buildings and so medium or high roof van wouldn’t work.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
When I changed out aux pump distributer had me get rid of small blue pressure tank and just go with a 60 PSI surflow pump that constantly runs even when 7 gallon water box is full and not calling for water.
yep! The old Water Ponds were plumbed like that. Im thinking of going back to that.