Anyone give Realtors/Real Estate Agents a discounted pricing?

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
I will not give a realtor or a broker a discount on their listed property or their own home. In fact I charge them more than anyone else. I know everyone of them and most of them are crooks.

Pinosan before you ask me how do I know? My wife is one of them but one of the honest ones :LOL:. There is a few honest ones here but there is more dishonest ones. Most dishonest ones do not call me or my competition for services because they are too cheap.
They rent the rug doctor and that makes me happy :D.
I'm just asking to learn why working for realtors works for some and it does not for others. That's all
\

Reactions: JD5150

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
The first time you let a realtor take advantage of you, then every job they refer to you or give to you there is a story about how they cant afford full price...
Usually if they ask me for a price list its full price !! Everytime I have given a discount those realtors will never pay full price again.....

Great point. Now I will discount the first job so they can see the quality of my work. After that they never question my price.

Reactions: Michael Rittanhouse

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
If your asking why the would only clean it once? After the sale the sellers Realtor is on to the next sale. The cleaner could and should try and make a new contact with the buyers realtor but these days the closing could be 3-4 months after the carpets were cleaned and the house sold (or more).
No, i was trying to figure out why the cleaner would not have any contact with the seller or buyer after the transaction. Just trying to figure out a way to improve this for my own biz.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
I'm not giving away free work to just any realtor, the one I mentioned more than earned it. I don't even have a specific program, I just discount to a select few top referrers.
I should call you one of this days and exchange ideas and techniques on to make this work better. Seems like others have enemies on every real estate agent in their town

EVDOG

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
Evdog
I see where you are coming from but you live in a big city and I live in a small town. Two different worlds in my opinion. I live where everyone knows everyone.

There was a flood company around two hours away from me in a bigger town but not a city. This flood company did freebies for the insurance companies and insurances adjusters as long as they called them for the floods. This company would drive six hours to these insurance adjusters and insurances owners lake houses and cabins in the mountains to do for free. This flood company is out of business. They lasted about five years and they were gone. Never seen again. You got to watch what you do in a small town compared to a city but hey if it works for ya in the city go for it. If I did anything for free like 4 rooms, sofa and loveseat my phone would ring all day for free work. I do throw in a hall or extra room once in a great while. If a home owner says, I forgot I was going to have you do my bedroom or hall I will sometimes throw it in for free.
That company could of gone under for a million different reasons. Don't make assumptions their "free cleanings" put them under.........doubtfull. Doing a free cleaning is a great marketing tool, if used correctly. Like we do.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
I should call you one of this days and exchange ideas and techniques on to make this work better. Seems like others have enemies on every real estate agent in their town

I wouldn't say we've made enemies it was only a point that was made about discounting In fact I just believe referrals go both ways and there's no need in a discount system that favour one more than another.

groutguy

Mar 9, 2008
Fredericksburg Virginia
pristinepete.com
Real Name
Peter Diehl
Business Location
United States
I wouldn't say we've made enemies it was only a point that was made about discounting In fact I just believe referrals go both ways and there's no need in a discount system that favour one more than another.

In most networking situations referrals go both ways, however in my situation I pay an annual fee to be part of a large network of realtors. I try my best to get referrals for realtors but there are just way too many of them, and only one of me. Here is a recent photo of me accepting affiliate member of the year for a national council of realtors. Some can be a pain in the butt but most treat me well and send lots and lots of work, so I kiss their ass.

wcr.jpg

Reactions: Pinosan

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Well to answer your question 15 houses in the last five years!
so, you buy and resell? do you move often? I would assume you buy and resell cuz buying a house takes about 4 to six months and you average 3 months.

for a flipper 15 homes in five years is nothing. one of our flippers bought 22 this last semester and one of the properties was a 47 unit high end building

but I understand there are different levels. so can you go in more detail I'm curious about this.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Actually I just collect and don't sell lol. I do property investment on the side. Been in the rental business for a number of years. It doesn't take that long to purchase a property in Canada. I've closed deals in as little as three weeks.
b0a4e37f4233cbe66b0f86bcd48e5fbf.jpg

This is the latest property I've picked up and am doing a while retro refit on it
cab1b6f4d614610ee1d72a2f0c858c2a.jpg

In the middle of new siding this past week

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Actually I just collect and don't sell lol. I do property investment on the side. Been in the rental business for a number of years. It doesn't take that long to purchase a property in Canada. I've closed deals in as little as three weeks.
b0a4e37f4233cbe66b0f86bcd48e5fbf.jpg

This is the latest property I've picked up and am doing a while retro refit on it
cab1b6f4d614610ee1d72a2f0c858c2a.jpg

In the middle of new siding this past week

so you buy to rent?

IN the USA at least in CA for a short sale takes 30 days that is the quickest seems like it works different in Canada.

Still 15 homes in 5 years is not a lot.

Would you say it is fair for them to give you 15 jobs in five years and you would consider them VIP?

I need to figure things out to grow

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
I think the point that might be missing is the inequalities of the amounts of money.
And as far as the number of property it's not about the quantity it's about the sustainability.
It's a little like being the cheapest cleaner. It's a race to the bottom.

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
No, i was trying to figure out why the cleaner would not have any contact with the seller or buyer after the transaction. Just trying to figure out a way to improve this for my own biz.
Gotcha - they may have contact with the seller through the realtor but when the buying process is over it gets tough. One would hope the the realtors would leave info for the new buyer as to who did what to the house but good luck. Maybe watch to see when it sells and drop of some info? You could also buy a list of new homeowners to mail too.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
I think the point that might be missing is the inequalities of the amounts of money.
And as far as the number of property it's not about the quantity it's about the sustainability.
It's a little like being the cheapest cleaner. It's a race to the bottom.

so in your opinion offering a small incentive to realtors is turning yourself into a cheap cleaner?

How would you compare that to sending a bulk post card batch with a 10% off ?

Would that make you a cheap cleaner also?

Which of the two strategies would you recommend I should use?

10% off for realtors and clients

or 10% OFF postcard in a given neighborhood?

should I use both?

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
I may not be the best one to follow on this front. I don't believe in discounting on any level. To me it tells people what ever the Discount is That I'm really over priced by that much.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Can I ask all of you if you don't mind me asking

If you guys were to see a product at interlink discounted 10%

and the same exact product sold at full price at https://shop.truckmountforums.com; where would you buy the product?

Please don't come up with the oh maybe interlink has an old batch trying to get rid of. No it does not work that way. We all see discount
or group buy and we don't give a shite how old the batch is we just buy if in need to. So

Where would you buy and why??

If you choose interlink would this make interlink a victim of a rug sucking coupon finder looser ?

Or it would make interlink's promotion campaign a success?

If anyone would honestly answer, we may discover the pot of gold at the end of the realtors rainbow.

So who will honestly answer ?

Last edited:

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
Can I ask all of you if you don't mind me asking

If you guys were to see a product at interlink discounted 10%

and the same exact product sold at full price at https://shop.truckmountforums.com; where would you buy the product?

Please don't come up with the oh maybe interlink has an old batch trying to get rid of. No it does not work that way. We all see discount
or group buy and we don't give a shite how old the batch is we just buy if in need to. So

Where would you buy and why??

If you choose interlink would this make interlink a victim of a rug sucking coupon finder looser ?

Or it would make interlink's promotion campaign a success?

If anyone would honestly answer, we may discover the pot of gold at the end of the realtors rainbow.

So who will honestly answer ?
I only shop when I'm running low or out of something like pre spray. I will only buy what I know works, It will have to be quality. I am not looking for a discount only the good stuff that works.

At the time I am ready to order and I see a see a discounted pre spray for 10% off that I have not used I will not buy it. If I see a discounted pre spray for 20, 30, 40, 50% off that I have not used I will not buy it. I'm only looking for the stuff that I have used and know works.

Now if I see a discount for 10% off or free shipping on the pre spray I use I will research it and look for the best deal. If they are close to the same price it will go to how customer service was the last time I ordered :).

Hope that helps answer you question