Anyone give Realtors/Real Estate Agents a discounted pricing?

envy

Mar 12, 2015
Real Name
Aaron R
I'd like to find a real estate agent ever offer you a discount!

I'm not sure how it is where you're at but on the west coast it's pretty easy to do. Usually when an agent lists a property, it's at 6%. Then that agent and buyers agent split that.

I use an agent that lists at 5% (almost 20% discount). My dad sells a lot more property than I do and has a realtor that lists for 4%.

B14

Aug 26, 2014
investincleanfloors.com
Real Name
Bry
I'm not sure how it is where you're at but on the west coast it's pretty easy to do. Usually when an agent lists a property, it's at 6%. Then that agent and buyers agent split that.

I use an agent that lists at 5% (almost 20% discount). My dad sells a lot more property than I do and has a realtor that lists for 4%.

What do you meant they split it?

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Realtors sometimes like to talk big and act like they are going to flood you with work. We work for literally hundreds of them, our best ones are good for about 3-4 jobs per year most are good for maybe 1.

I had one guy talking so big he was saying I was going to need to add another truck to handle all the work hes going to send me. His check bounced and I had to go collect from his wife.

B14

Aug 26, 2014
investincleanfloors.com
Real Name
Bry
Realtors sometimes like to talk big and act like they are going to flood you with work. We work for literally hundreds of them, our best ones are good for about 3-4 jobs per year most are good for maybe 1.

I had one guy talking so big he was saying I was going to need to add another truck to handle all the work hes going to send me. His check bounced and I had to go collect from his wife.

That's the same exact attitude I'm noticing too. One guy who works for century 21 swears he's like a millionaire. I'm not one to be materialistic at all but when a guy is acting like he makes a 6-figure income like nothing and drives a beat up Toyota truck I think there's something wrong there. Either that or he's very humble.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Well let's be honest here. There's one hell of a difference between me invoicing a realtor with a 20% discount on a $400 job or them dropping a commission to 4.5% from an inflated 6% on a $600,000 property. Trust me here there's no getting between a broker and there commission. THERE OVER PAID! and no come back to that will justify there outrageous commissions.

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
On a listed house the Realtor isn't paying fpr it - the seller is so they can make the home lore attractive to sell. Best thing a Realtor can do is recommend a great cleaner. You will clean the house once and never see the seller again!

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
That's the same exact attitude I'm noticing too. One guy who works for century 21 swears he's like a millionaire. I'm not one to be materialistic at all but when a guy is acting like he makes a 6-figure income like nothing and drives a beat up Toyota truck I think there's something wrong there. Either that or he's very humble.
how would you find out?

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
On a listed house the Realtor isn't paying fpr it - the seller is so they can make the home lore attractive to sell. Best thing a Realtor can do is recommend a great cleaner. You will clean the house once and never see the seller again!
why no? is it the seller choice? the realtor's choice? or the carpet cleaner's lack of communication?

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
I will not give a realtor or a broker a discount on their listed property or their own home. In fact I charge them more than anyone else. I know everyone of them and most of them are crooks.

Pinosan before you ask me how do I know? My wife is one of them but one of the honest ones :LOL:. There is a few honest ones here but there is more dishonest ones. Most dishonest ones do not call me or my competition for services because they are too cheap.
They rent the rug doctor and that makes me happy :D.

groutguy

Mar 9, 2008
Fredericksburg Virginia
pristinepete.com
Real Name
Peter Diehl
Business Location
United States
I have several realtors that send us a lot of business. I always give them a deal on their own homes. I just did 4 rooms, a sofa and a love seat for a realtor last week...no charge. This lady sends me loads of work, consistently for years. She works for a large office and email blasts the whole office every time I clean her house. Well worth a little of my time...she is very easy on the eyes too!

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
I have several realtors that send us a lot of business. I always give them a deal on their own homes. I just did 4 rooms, a sofa and a love seat for a realtor last week...no charge. This lady sends me loads of work, consistently for years. She works for a large office and email blasts the whole office every time I clean her house. Well worth a little of my time...she is very easy on the eyes too!
I see where you are coming from but you live in a big city and I live in a small town. Two different worlds in my opinion. I live where everyone knows everyone.

There was a flood company around two hours away from me in a bigger town but not a city. This flood company did freebies for the insurance companies and insurances adjusters as long as they called them for the floods. This company would drive six hours to these insurance adjusters and insurances owners lake houses and cabins in the mountains to do for free. This flood company is out of business. They lasted about five years and they were gone. Never seen again. You got to watch what you do in a small town compared to a city but hey if it works for ya in the city go for it. If I did anything for free like 4 rooms, sofa and loveseat my phone would ring all day for free work. I do throw in a hall or extra room once in a great while. If a home owner says, I forgot I was going to have you do my bedroom or hall I will sometimes throw it in for free.

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
why no? is it the seller choice? the realtor's choice? or the carpet cleaner's lack of communication?
If your asking why the would only clean it once? After the sale the sellers Realtor is on to the next sale. The cleaner could and should try and make a new contact with the buyers realtor but these days the closing could be 3-4 months after the carpets were cleaned and the house sold (or more).

groutguy

Mar 9, 2008
Fredericksburg Virginia
pristinepete.com
Real Name
Peter Diehl
Business Location
United States
I see where you are coming from but you live in a big city and I live in a small town. Two different worlds in my opinion. I live where everyone knows everyone.

There was a flood company around two hours away from me in a bigger town but not a city. This flood company did freebies for the insurance companies and insurances adjusters as long as they called them for the floods. This company would drive six hours to these insurance adjusters and insurances owners lake houses and cabins in the mountains to do for free. This flood company is out of business. They lasted about five years and they were gone. Never seen again. You got to watch what you do in a small town compared to a city but hey if it works for ya in the city go for it. If I did anything for free like 4 rooms, sofa and loveseat my phone would ring all day for free work. I do throw in a hall or extra room once in a great while. If a home owner says, I forgot I was going to have you do my bedroom or hall I will sometimes throw it in for free.

I'm not giving away free work to just any realtor, the one I mentioned more than earned it. I don't even have a specific program, I just discount to a select few top referrers.

Reactions: JD5150