Anyone give Realtors/Real Estate Agents a discounted pricing? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Anyone give Realtors/Real Estate Agents a discounted pricing?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
For a realtor or property manager that only gives me a job of two a year I charge full price. If they are giving me several homes a month I'll offer a 10% volume discount. No discounts ever on the first time service.

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
On realtors we give .15 sqft plus add-ons. Property management same. Apartments are like 60,70,80. It's not the bulk work that earns the discount. It's the CONSTANT work

Reactions: Kyle8

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
What's the difference between bulk work and constant work? Aren't they both considered high volume?
Bulk could just mean they dump you with 10 units all at once. Constant might only be 2 a month but its stretched through the year, givnig you a better month to month flow of income

Reactions: awratchford

Pioneer Floorcare LLC

Dec 10, 2013
Palmer, Alaska
Real Name
Scott Turknett
Business Location
United States
I give referrals from consistent realtors a 15% discount and make sure to let them know that is their realtors special pricing that they are getting. I list it on the invoice as a Lance Davis Special, or whatever else the realtor may be.

Reactions: Mikej122183

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
The rental agencies that I'm going through for my new apartment has a deal worked out with a carpet cleaning company where all their tenants get a %15 discount for hiring that company to clean their carpets. If we find a better deal they'll beat it, which is good to know because I always wanted to get paid to have someone else clean my carpets.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
The first time you let a realtor take advantage of you, then every job they refer to you or give to you there is a story about how they cant afford full price...
Usually if they ask me for a price list its full price !! Everytime I have given a discount those realtors will never pay full price again.....

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
The first time you let a realtor take advantage of you, then every job they refer to you or give to you there is a story about how they cant afford full price...
Usually if they ask me for a price list its full price !! Everytime I have given a discount those realtors will never pay full price again.....
OR ANY CUSTOMER . Only had contact from one realtor . Had a job about 45 miles away and an absolute PIA through the city of Pgh . Told her " arrangements " could be made since it was " outside my normal service area " . NEVER heard from her again .
Kind of glad about that .
All the Best , Ed

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
OR ANY CUSTOMER . Only had contact from one realtor . Had a job about 45 miles away and an absolute PIA through the city of Pgh . Told her " arrangements " could be made since it was " outside my normal service area " . NEVER heard from her again .
Kind of glad about that .
All the Best , Ed
yes sir, I hate the ones that say, can you do a freebie for me and let me see your work, I am the head of the association and if you do a good job I will pass along your info !!!

Never do it and don't fall for it they never will ever call and give you work

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
we don't get discounts on chems much, no discounted tires , or mechanic work,,, sometimes we get a discount on a machine but not that often,,,, and Realtors never discount a house or their commission

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
yes sir, I hate the ones that say, can you do a freebie for me and let me see your work, I am the head of the association and if you do a good job I will pass along your info !!!

Never do it and don't fall for it they never will ever call and give you work
Yep . Must be the most " unique " member learning from ALL . Actually had a guy try sell me a van telling me this BS . He was a locksmith and told me " ALL my customers bit about their cleaners " !! Buy the van and I'll refer " everybody " TO YOU !! RIGHT !!
No kidding , I was "born at night " BUT NOT LAST NIGHT !!
All the Best , Ed

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
we don't get discounts on chems much, no discounted tires , or mechanic work,,, sometimes we get a discount on a machine but not that often,,,, and Realtors never discount a house or their commission
AMEN !! And in FULL FOREST GUMP MODE " and that's all I have to say about THAT " !!
All the Best , Ed

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
I was asked today if I offer special pricing to Real Estate Companies.
We had a realtor that we offered discount work for. He was our "cash cow." Average work from him was 5 - 15 jobs per month. In one year with him we made over 30k, even with the discounted price. He wasn't loyal in the beginning. He would price shop other carpet cleaners, but nobody delivered our quality work and we gave him a steep discount, but he had to maintain at least five houses per month. All when he booked we had him book at least two houses.

If you're interested in real estate agents look for ones that own properties. Not necessarily the ones that are selling a house. If you're looking for a real estate agent that mainly sells home focus on high end real estate. With them it is all about presentation, therefore they only want the best carpet cleaners, window cleaners, house cleaners, etc. I visited a few real estate offices several times a year left brochures and business cards. Finally hit pay dirt when the go to carpet cleaner retired. That was when we really started doing high end homes. It was great!!! $500 - $1200 invoices without blinking an eye. Our highest payment was $3500 and it took us two days to complete.

Real Estate agents can be a good source of leads. Don't offer them commission on any leads they give you. That is just insulting. Instead offer only quality work.

Good Luck
~Tiffany

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
No discounts to real estate agents or property managers but I do clean some of their homes free of charge, happy to do it when I'm doing $20k-$30k from one PM company alone. All high end btw.

envy

Mar 12, 2015
Real Name
Aaron R
I give 20% to realtors. I have a few that pay out of their commission. One it's every time they list a house and a few others on every transaction. It ends up being $0.34/sf. Most want to keep looking for cheaper options but when you find ones that pay out of their own pocket, I think they're keepers.