Anyone ever use A-i power gen sets? What gen sets do you prefer?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
Hey guys, so I mostly just run my portable from the van via gen set. Had picked up a Briggs 8750(7000running) a few years back and always sort of kicked myself for not grabbing a bigger one right off the get go.

Looking for a 10,000 to 12,000 watt generator now. (I use it outside carpet cleaning so more power than my portable needs obviously.)

I've come across an A-i brand that seems very inexpensive, and online reviews seem good as well, anyone here ever use one? Or do you have recommendations for a brand you prefer that's not insanely costly?

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
For the cost of a 12000 watt generator you could have a small used truckmount that is as reliable and more powerful than what you have. Doesn't make sense to me. I run a harbor frieght generator for my travel trailer and portable welder sometimes. It's been great with no problems.

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
For the cost of a 12000 watt generator you could have a small used truckmount that is as reliable and more powerful than what you have. Doesn't make sense to me. I run a harbor frieght generator for my travel trailer and portable welder sometimes. It's been great with no problems.
My current generator cost me 900$ on sale.

I wouldn't want to see the condition of a truckmount worth 900$

I frequently use my generator for running a small off grid gold operation with some friends, which is why i want something bigger than what I Have, How long have you had the harbor freight if you don't mind me asking?

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Last week I got a fully functioning spitfire 3.2 for under 900 bucks. Already put a couple dozen hours on it. No problems. It even came with a spare parts machine that everything works except the heat exchanger.
My harbor frieght generators have about 100 hrs on them. Not that much. In some ways generators have as much to break in them as a truckmount. I've been through a few over the years.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Hey guys, so I mostly just run my portable from the van via gen set. Had picked up a Briggs 8750(7000running) a few years back and always sort of kicked myself for not grabbing a bigger one right off the get go.

Looking for a 10,000 to 12,000 watt generator now. (I use it outside carpet cleaning so more power than my portable needs obviously.)

I've come across an A-i brand that seems very inexpensive, and online reviews seem good as well, anyone here ever use one? Or do you have recommendations for a brand you prefer that's not insanely costly?
How is the reliability of your current generator? And do you use it daily?

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States

Too bad that you're in CA, I have 13 KW Wen for sale for $850 with a 1400 hours. I'm going to use it for another week . 670 cc, twin , 4 stroke engine... Weighs"only" 340 lbs..

Attachments