Anyone do their own truckmount repairs?

Dougie "fresh-clean"

After much troubleshooting I have determined the need to replace the General TX1810S17 solution pump on my Sapphire Scientific Rage machine. One-truck company, can't wait on the local dealer to "get around to it", so thought I might attempt the replacement myself.... problem is I am one of those guys who has engine failure after a DIY oil change, when my hands touch a wrench curses fall upon me. Has anyone swapped a pump on a Rage before? Had it done by a different shop once, dude finished it in 3 hours, but they are booked for weeks.

ACP

ez, just get in there and do it.. you might mess it up a bit at first so do it on a saturday so you have sunday just in case lol shouldnt take long.

does anyone you know work on cars at all? its really basic mechanic work anyone who can change belts on a car can do it

take a pic and post it ill give you the step by step

Anderson

I found a good auto mechanic that can tinker with things....
After a few changes they catch on...
I had them pull an engine and blower off one van and put it on another...cost me 400$......but it was done in 1 day and local.
I could do it myself but it would take too long.
I will do things that take an hour or less.

Dougie "fresh-clean"

Thank you all for the replies! Before ordering a pump I decided to take apart all the check valves and solenoids one last time... something worked! Just some gunk somewhere that I missed on the first go around. I am one dumb caveman... think the hiring of another caveman (paid in beer or $) would've been in order for the swap.

Dougie "fresh-clean"

I've been told that changing belts is a pain. Haven't had the pleasure yet *knocks on wood*. Any advice for when that fateful day comes? (can it be avoided?)

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
I've been told that changing belts is a pain. Haven't had the pleasure yet *knocks on wood*. Any advice for when that fateful day comes? (can it be avoided?)

I'm not a mechanic and if anything, I'm mechanically challenged. What little I've studied on putting on belts is to be sure to check the deflection of the belt. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can chime in on this, but I do believe it's important and not that hard to do. The place that sold you the Rage should give you this info or the manufacturer. This will give you an idea about deflection. http://www.greenheck.com/library/articles/83 This is the way I do it and my belts tend to last a very long time. The following picture is exactly what I use. I believe Jondon service dept. first told me how to do this years ago. Works perfect for me. Either having the belt or belts on too loose or too tight both can cause big problems.

Joe cool

You need to find a Truck Mount mechanic .
Sometimes its needed so you can keep the jobs going .
Getting hit with a repair bill and losing out on a few jobs hurts twice as bad .
It tis the session .

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
You need to find a Truck Mount mechanic .
Sometimes its needed so you can keep the jobs going .
Getting hit with a repair bill and losing out on a few jobs hurts twice as bad .
It tis the session .

Although I agree with you that you need a mechanic sometimes I'd be making a lot of trips and losing whole days of work if I didn't at least manage some basic things. I don't like to mess with hardly anything electrical on my unit other than a switch or a fuse. If I have something that requires pulling the machine I'm calling Jondon. I've had a number of instances where I've been able to solve engine problems with local small engine shops. Saved me a lot of time, money, and lost work. I hate making that trip to Jondon unless I have to and I don't know of anyplace else in my area I trust to work on it, but it's about a 6 hour round trip and normally a full day ordeal. Often I get there by 8 am and don't get out till closing time. Last time they got me out about noon so I was happy, but it was a fairly minor issue that time.

I've also found that more often than not the trouble shooting guide in my manual helps to isolate the problem and get me going again. I've been on the phone to Jondon service dept. numbers of times and they have helped me tremendously over the years if I can't understand the problem. I rarely need to call them anymore because when a problem comes up I usually know what it is and what to do. I pretty much do all my basic maintenance. Don't see paying someone to change the oils in my machine, spark plugs, filters, etc. That stuff is so easy an cave man can do it. Ug. :)

jwargo1967

Do a lot on mine. Cds is very simple and easy to get to stuff.. Mainly just maintenance, cause very little has ever gone wrong... Couple high pressure hoses to hx, last step check valve, and a corroded vacuum pipe in 2800 hours

Welcome

Welcome to the best carpet cleaning forum in the world!

Support

If you are in need of support, please use the live chat on the store for fast responses.