Anyone do the Paleo diet?

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
I'm wondering which is a good book to start with? There seems like a lot of them all with conflicting views about what Paleo is.
The paleo diet is essentially how I eat (by and large)
With the exclusion of dairy and some whole grains, I pretty much eat a paleo diet Monday through Friday.
No processed foods. Meat, vegetables and a small amount of fruit.
It's not rocket surgery. Just takes a little more planning than yer average fatty, processed American diet.
In my opinion, there are a few things to avoid like sugar , alcohol and processed food but I try to be a little lenient on the weekends.
What you eat should be part of your lifestyle rather than a diet.
I "diet" is too short term.
Try to eat in a healthy , reasonable fashion that you intend go do for the rest of your life.

Reactions: CCDS and Mike Krall

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
The paleo diet is essentially how I eat (by and large)
With the exclusion of dairy and some whole grains, I pretty much eat a paleo diet Monday through Friday.
No processed foods. Meat, vegetables and a small amount of fruit.
It's not rocket surgery. Just takes a little more planning than yer average fatty, processed American diet.
In my opinion, there are a few things to avoid like sugar , alcohol and processed food but I try to be a little lenient on the weekends.
What you eat should be part of your lifestyle rather than a diet.
I "diet" is too short term.
Try to eat in a healthy , reasonable fashion that you intend go do for the rest of your life.
WTF you Talkin Bout WILLIS..I EAT what The Hell sounds good at the Moment!..You Dumbos take that CHIT Waaaay too Serious..Unless yer Prone to be a PORK BUTT! Us Skinny Fuks..No Worries...LOL..Bless my Wretched Soul..Never had to Sweat Overweight or Lack of Energy..Especially my Fat MOUTH! There..I said it for YOU! lol:D

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Agree with Mike, Diet this, diet that is just a marketing scheme to keep people interested. Learn the principles, follow them and you're done.

Fine, I'm not looking at it as a diet, but I can't stop billion dollar marketers from calling it "the way we used to eat".

This may sound stupid, but my whole life I've really only been exposed to processed and prepared foods. So I'm not really sure, rocket surgery or otherwise what I can eat raw without causing a gut melt down.

That's why I was looking for a book as more of a reference. Hell up until a few days ago I didn't know you could eat broccoli raw.

Reactions: Jose Holguin

FloorCareMD

Apr 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
Real Name
Mike Craig
Business Location
United States
Fred had it easy
IMG_8490.jpg

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Fine, I'm not looking at it as a diet, but I can't stop billion dollar marketers from calling it "the way we used to eat".

This may sound stupid, but my whole life I've really only been exposed to processed and prepared foods. So I'm not really sure, rocket surgery or otherwise what I can eat raw without causing a gut melt down.

That's why I was looking for a book as more of a reference. Hell up until a few days ago I didn't know you could eat broccoli raw.

Agree, there is a few things that we've discovered as of late but that's our problem when starting a "diet", we focus too much on the details while we can't stop drinking king size diet cokes from Burger King, doesn't make sense.

If you want a book, I'll give you a book but be aware there will be 20 guys below me recommending you another "cool name" diet, it never stops. Read the 4-hour body. No gimmicks, just principles.

If you want to learn the principles without being committed to a single book, read as many bodybuilding.com articles as you can. They are usually pretty consistent and the principles become apparent after a short while.

Reactions: Mike Krall

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Agree, there is a few things that we've discovered as of late but that's our problem when starting a "diet", we focus too much on the details while we can't stop drinking king size diet cokes from Burger King, doesn't make sense.

If you want a book, I'll give you a book but be aware there will be 20 guys below me recommending you another "cool name" diet, it never stops. Read the 4-hour body. No gimmicks, just principles.

If you want to learn the principles without being committed to a single book, read as many bodybuilding.com articles as you can. They are usually pretty consistent and the principles become apparent after a short while.

Ha no doubt on 'diets' we tend to do things backwards.

Thanks for the info I'll check that stuff out.

Luckily I'm over the super sized food and trying now to learn what I need to eat to get all the vitamins and nutrients I need.

I'm just getting tired of all the off the shelf food you can buy that does more harm then good. I figured going back to caveman will teach me what I need to eat and not what I think I should.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States

TRY... Rosemarys Baby for a New Look on Chow! Parakeeeet Mmmmmmm.!

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
@Jose Holguin The Tim Ferriss "4 hour body" book?

Dang audible books are so much. I need to get back to pirates of the caribbean :D

Kinda funny/or sad, you do a google search for foods with no carbs and you get lists of foods with carbs.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
WiiiiiLL Maaa..Where's my Bronto Saur AZZ Burger you Ancient HOE? lol

That's why the dinos went extinct, they used to serve up 2 pound bronto burgers back then!

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States

Dang audible books are so much. I need to get back to pirates of the caribbean :D

Yeah, and whatever works for ya Mike, I can't do audibles, bore me to death and can't retain the information, I start drifting away thinking about tacos...

I like his slow carb diet concept.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States

Disneyland Ticket will set Yar Azz Back about 99 Bong Goes theses Days! And you try n 'Squee Mini Mouses AZZ like the Good Ol Days! God FORBID! lol