Anybody taking off baseboards | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Anybody taking off baseboards

T.J. McKenney

Jan 12, 2019
Real Name
Thomas McKenney
Well we pull baseboards for different reasons. Drying wall after flood, sewer backups , before removing drywall. I've worked in the field restoring water damaged structures for 16 yrs. I removed miles of base. A few years ago I made a tool for the task. Me and my partner got the patent and Prototype . Now we're looking to get it out and get some feedback.

Last edited:
Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I usually don't pull any baseboards, I make holes to plug hoses into the wall for air blowers or dehueys, or I bust out the saw and rip it at either 2 or 4 ft up and take it all to the trash...….. why are you pulling the baseboards?

gasmaster5000

Jun 26, 2010
TX
Real Name
Eric O'Bryan
Business Location
United States
Well we pull baseboards for different reasons. Drying wall after flood, sewer backups , before removing drywall. I've worked in the field restoring water damaged structures for 16 yrs. I removed miles of base. A few years ago I made a tool for the task. Me and my partner got the patent and Prototype . Now we're looking to get it out and get some feedback.
I’m definitely curious now. I pull lots of baseboard on water damage claims. Would be nice to have some kind of rayzor attached to a handle and a wheel to quickly score the wall prior to removal too :)

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Once you get bottom of the drywall wet, ( flood, leakage, etc), It's a piece of cake to remove baseboards, even old ones. (1" wide sturdy scraper does it for me) Don't be secretive, that peivilige belongs only to a President of TMF. Spell it out, what are you selling and when we got to try it.
I vouch for @jtsunbrite to get it first, as he's avid and proven beta tester, next should be @AZHome&Carpet , he skipped 2 stages, from greenhorn& rookie Jr. to advanced rookie, I should be considered in the 3rd position, I didn't get to try anything as of yet without paying for it. We're waiting....

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I usually don't pull any baseboards, I make holes to plug hoses into the wall for air blowers or dehueys, or I bust out the saw and rip it at either 2 or 4 ft up and take it all to the trash...….. why are you pulling the baseboards?
I know that you get paid for it generously. In here, Midwest, some clients fool themselves that black mold's mycotoxin is actually oxytoxin. Their wrong , mycotoxin can kill you, oxytocin ( love hormone) will please you. But they live in it regardless. I have to beg them, take thekids out of basement, if mold mitigation is not your priority.
Anyway, back to the basics, sorry, baseboards...

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
baseboard pulling is super easy as it is. (quick score to cut bead, flat prybar and poof there it is)

what's your gadget?

Reactions: keep it clean

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Just another salesman trying to sell us something we don't need
just a putty knife on a handle that would still require cutting the bead if drywall wasn't being pulled.

and you don't need to be kneeling to remove base if you dont want too.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I know that you get paid for it generously. In here, Midwest, some clients fool themselves that black mold's mycotoxin is actually oxytoxin. Their wrong , mycotoxin can kill you, oxytocin ( love hormone) will please you. But they live in it regardless. I have to beg them, take thekids out of basement, if mold mitigation is not your priority.
Anyway, back to the basics, sorry, baseboards...
Generally I cut the top with my buck pocket knife , then pry bar to get them,,, super easy , but if your going to do that, you might as well break out the cordless circular saw and cut 2' up the wall and use the pry bar to clean and rip wall out, right into the trash bag, insulation goes too... Micro ban or ProKure spray it and then get the carpet and pad. Boom !!! go outside and make invoice !!! Get Paid !!!

Reactions: Johnny Bravo