Anybody hear of or use this? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Anybody hear of or use this?

iWILLcleanMontreal

Apr 10, 2011
Real Name
William
Business Location
Canada
Hi Tony, I've seen and heard of them. There are a couple of different companies that offer them as well. I know of Duplex (I think they are the original manufacturers). You can use them for different applications because you can actually put water in them (so you could clean rubber matting for example). I have used one in the past but it was for cleaning a textured tile floor. It worked well for that. As a crb I don't see why not because you can adjust them to just agitate and not pick up water. I doubt if you can use them to collect dry dirt though, like a brush pro. I see them for sale on ebay quite often.

Reactions: First Impressions

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
That thing looks a little bulky for a CRB, but it is hard to tell from the picture. I have a CRB and it is the best thing. I love it. It makes carpet cleaning so much better and is terrific for agitation of prespray. The Grandi brush can't compete with this.

tonyb14

May 16, 2013
Hazleton
www.steamteamcarpetcleaningnepa.com
Real Name
Tony Burke
Business Location
United States
That thing looks a little bulky for a CRB, but it is hard to tell from the picture. I have a CRB and it is the best thing. I love it. It makes carpet cleaning so much better and is terrific for agitation of prespray. The Grandi brush can't compete with this.
Do you dwell then agitate or just start with the crb rite away after prespraying?
I didn't know if it would make a difference.

like a glove

Aug 19, 2013
Real Name
david
If you dont mind me asking, or sounding like the obvious noobie! What does Feb stand for, is it some form of agitation tool?

Sent from my LT26w using TMF Forums mobile app

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
And by Feb I mean crb! Dam auto correct

CRB (aka FEB) Stands for Counter Rotating Brush machine.

I wasn't too sure about them until I used it for myself. Now I use it to agitate on every job. It also pulls out all the animal hair that the best Dyson can't get out. Since I have it I removed my 106 pound 175 from my van and just use the CRB for encap work and for prespray agitation when doing HWE. IT also grooms the carpet nicely after using a T-Rex. You can push a CRB around with 2 fingers and it won't throw you around the room like a heavy 175.

Good luck.

like a glove

Aug 19, 2013
Real Name
david
Thanx nomad for the explanation, I definitely want one for my self, like anything that you buy though I'd image that there are alot of brands, what are you packing in your van?

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
I use a CRB made by Strong. It looks the exact same at the other brands out there so I am thinking that they just slap there sticker on the machine and call it theirs. Anyway, I am happy with it. Their site is www.strongdry.com.

Here is a youtube video I made of using my CRB.

elementcarpet

Nov 23, 2011
Peoria, Az
Real Name
Gary Throckmorton
Business Location
United States
Awesome video. So the crb's have a fresh/waste water tank on them? Can you use them on residential's?

Jpais

Feb 5, 2012
Texas
Real Name
Joseph Pais
Business Location
United States
Awesome video. So the crb's have a fresh/waste water tank on them? Can you use them on residential's?
No they don't have a fresh water tank. It has a collector to grab the excess hair and gunk. Doesn't look like he was using those. It's a really good Pre-Scrub. Yes you can use them for residential a but you have to change your brush.

like a glove

Aug 19, 2013
Real Name
david
Looks like it works really well, and for residential small enuff to use in most if not all areas ( furnished houses)