Any TMF'er's coming to Reno?

LisaWagner

Aug 27, 2008
San Diego
Real Name
Lisa Wagner
Business Location
United States
Anyone here coming to the Cleaning College end of this month in Reno NV?

It's a smaller regional event, but some serious content for cleaners. I am one of the trainers, and I know I was asked to bring content that attendees could walk away with and implement right away - I will be sharing some new drying set-ups that may make buying the large centrifuge wringers at $50,000+ a thing of the past... because some of the set-ups under a thousand dollars can do high volume and get rugs dry overnight.

I do not present at very many events, besides my own, but I have a long history with CFI and CCINW, and love the caliber of professionals they bring in for education. Plus, two of my very favorite presenters, Jim Pemberton and Ed Cross, will be there. I think even more valuable that the presentation content itself, will be the opportunity to get to rub elbows with all of the presenters and pick their brains.

I know I've told cleaners coming in from the west that anyone who wants to buy my a latte will get a half hour of my time to talk about their business. =) I charge $500 for 30 minutes of consulting, so that may be the most important latte they ever buy - LOL.

That offer stands for anyone here coming in the the event.

Hope to see some of your there,
Lisa

CLICK HERE => CCINW & CFI Cleaning College (June 27-29)

Reactions: Pat Carroll

LarryJones

Mar 12, 2012
Florida
Real Name
Larry Jones
Business Location
United States
Anyone here coming to the Cleaning College end of this month in Reno NV?

It's a smaller regional event, but some serious content for cleaners. I am one of the trainers, and I know I was asked to bring content that attendees could walk away with and implement right away - I will be sharing some new drying set-ups that may make buying the large centrifuge wringers at $50,000+ a thing of the past... because some of the set-ups under a thousand dollars can do high volume and get rugs dry overnight.

I do not present at very many events, besides my own, but I have a long history with CFI and CCINW, and love the caliber of professionals they bring in for education. Plus, two of my very favorite presenters, Jim Pemberton and Ed Cross, will be there. I think even more valuable that the presentation content itself, will be the opportunity to get to rub elbows with all of the presenters and pick their brains.

I know I've told cleaners coming in from the west that anyone who wants to buy my a latte will get a half hour of my time to talk about their business. =) I charge $500 for 30 minutes of consulting, so that may be the most important latte they ever buy - LOL.

That offer stands for anyone here coming in the the event.

Hope to see some of your there,

500 dollars for 30 minutes of consulting? Are you on drugs Lisa? I wouldn't pay even 50 dollars for a half hour of your consulting. Steve Toburen and Strategies For Success Intensive Training Seminar (SFS) give a great 5 day seminar for 695 dollars. Steve has helped many people in here with awesome advice. I get his Tuesday emailings.

P.S. Here is the SFS calender for Steve's upcoming events.

Class Date Class Location Instructor Price
Jul 23, 2012 - Jul 27, 2012 Seattle, WA Steve Toburen 695.00
Aug 20, 2012 - Aug 24, 2012 St. Louis, MO Steve Toburen 695.00
Sep 17, 2012 - Sep 21, 2012 Langhorne, PA Steve Toburen 695.00
Oct 15, 2012 - Oct 19, 2012 Roselle, IL Steve Toburen 695.00

Lisa

CLICK HERE => CCINW & CFI Cleaning College (June 27-29)

LisaWagner

Aug 27, 2008
San Diego
Real Name
Lisa Wagner
Business Location
United States
Larry, no need to be mean. I tend to work with larger companies, and I'm in San Diego, so our pricing is a bit different. That said, I'm a fan and friend of Steve's and I don't mind you putting his class listing in my thread.

Hope you have a good week,
Lisa

LarryJones

Mar 12, 2012
Florida
Real Name
Larry Jones
Business Location
United States
I have got to get you that soy latte some day. I figure I will show up to your office and end up giving it to your mom. LOL
Never even heard of her.

500 dollars for 30 minutes of consulting? Are you on drugs Lisa? I wouldn't pay even 50 dollars for a half hour of your consulting. Steve Toburen and Strategies For Success Intensive Training Seminar (SFS) give a great 5 day seminar for 695 dollars. Steve has helped many people in here with awesome advice. I get his Tuesday emailings.

P.S. Here is the SFS calender for Steve's upcoming events.

Class Date Class Location InstructorPrice
Jul 23, 2012 - Jul 27, 2012 Seattle, WA Steve Toburen 695.00
Aug 20, 2012 - Aug 24, 2012 St. Louis, MO Steve Toburen 695.00
Sep 17, 2012 - Sep 21, 2012 Langhorne, PA Steve Toburen 695.00
Oct 15, 2012 - Oct 19, 2012 Roselle, IL Steve Toburen 695.00

Read more: http://www.truckmountforums.com/threads/any-tmfers-coming-to-reno.30987/#ixzz1xQwIReD

tom patnode

Premium VIP
Jun 8, 2008
San Diego
renaissance-carpet.com
Real Name
Tom Patnode
Larry, no need to be mean. I tend to work with larger companies, and I'm in San Diego, so our pricing is a bit different. That said, I'm a fan and friend of Steve's and I don't mind you putting his class listing in my thread.

Hope you have a good week,
Lisa
If I remember right Lisa has a praise of Steve's class on his web site.
Larry why you want to make this a fight? She offered her advice for a latte...

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
How do you build your drying tables?

I'm using plywood right now, but I'm trying to find better materials and design.

LarryJones

Mar 12, 2012
Florida
Real Name
Larry Jones
Business Location
United States
If I remember right Lisa has a praise of Steve's class on his web site.
Larry why you want to make this a fight? She offered her advice for a latte...

Not looking for a fight, Ted. Just telling it like it is. Anyone that would come in here and make this ridiculous post of:
"I charge $500 for 30 minutes of consulting, so that may be the most important latte they ever buy - LOL."
She deserves no respect. Does she think TMF members are gullible suckers and pigeons or what?
What a ripoff! JMHO

Read more: http://www.truckmountforums.com/threads/any-tmfers-coming-to-reno.30987/#ixzz1xQzfI6nW

tom patnode

Premium VIP
Jun 8, 2008
San Diego
renaissance-carpet.com
Real Name
Tom Patnode
Not looking for a fight, Ted. Just telling it like it is. Anyone that would come in here and make this ridiculous post of:
"I charge $500 for 30 minutes of consulting, so that may be the most important latte they ever buy - LOL."
She deserves no respect. Does she think TMF members are gullible suckers and pigeons or what?
What a ripoff! JMHO

Read more: http://www.truckmountforums.com/threads/any-tmfers-coming-to-reno.30987/#ixzz1xQzfI6nW
OK not that I need to explain this.. but actually someone does. She is a regular author in trade magazines. Been on the board at IICRC. Has a certification course that people pay $2500 for...And many more credits to her name.
I would love this board to be full of advise as good as hers. But if people want to attack posters, why will the want to post?
Larry your new here and I don't know you. But watch the people that give her respect and you will learn something.
Please note Torrey didn't hesitate to ask her questions and everyone thinks he's full of himself.. LOL sorry Torrey, I joke. I joke..

Sonny Cohen

Jun 29, 2010
New York
Real Name
Sonny
Business Location
United States
Lisa has helped me out with multiple rug issues in the past that I have come across, absolutely free of charge. She is an expert in her field and if I was in Reno I would definitely attend this event.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
What a ripoff! JMHO
Hi Larry, Lisa is well known and respected in the area rug community and she has a lot to offer. I have learned a lot over the last couple years from her posts and e-mail newsletters. She has great tips all the time on area rug cleaning. You should look in to getting on her free e-mail list.

LisaWagner

Aug 27, 2008
San Diego
Real Name
Lisa Wagner
Business Location
United States
Torrey - you can make a drying platform like they make air drying tables for contents cleaning and run the airmovers above and below at the same time - like this:

Thank you those who posted nice comments about me, I appreciate that. I do try to be a rug instructor that shares more value than most, and often for free, especially on my rug chick blog. And though I have a higher priced advanced rug course that is $2,500, it is for six months of online and in-person training, so that actually is not outrageous at all. And my rug secrets online course is only three payments of $97, which is super cheap in my opinion considering the average rug job for mid-range pricing is $300.

Larry, one of the reasons my consulting fees are not low is because I have a great deal of content out there in many arenas, from forums to my blog to the CFax magazine site where I've written for a decade, plus the courses, that if someone wants to get me to stop and to focus on their business one-on-one, that just can't be done for cheap, or I would literally have no time for my rug cleaning business, my training business, or for a personal life. So I'm sorry I have offended you with a post where I was just being honest, and also letting people know that I would be happy to chat with them for the low price of a latte... instead of being the type of person at an event who acts "too good to talk to"... I'd like to think that I've always been very approachable, and since I rarely have the time to speak at events, I'm excited about this one.

Hopefully you will go to my blog, find some things of value that you get for free (or even in the rug section on this bulletin board), and who knows... maybe you will decide I'm worth a cup of coffee in the future. =)

Thank you again everyone, and please do let me know if you will be in Reno, if any of you would like to get the member price for that event, and save $100, send me a message. I have several passes to offer that rate and I would be happy to give them to TMF'er's.

Happy Rug Cleaning!
Lisa

LarryJones

Mar 12, 2012
Florida
Real Name
Larry Jones
Business Location
United States
Hi Larry, Lisa is well known and respected in the area rug community and she has a lot to offer. I have learned a lot over the last couple years from her posts and e-mail newsletters. She has great tips all the time on area rug cleaning. You should look in to getting on her free e-mail list.
Hi Todd.....to each his own I suppose. I never intended to give that girl a hard time. But really....I would rather spend 500 dollars on chemicals than give it to her for a half hour of her time. As for Steve Toburen of SFS, we all know he is a proven winner. Started with nothing at the age of 16. Built a huge CC business with many trucks out there working each day. And wow....what a salesman too! Bottom line...Steve Toburen was down in the trenches blue collar at one time. You gotta respect that. Steve has been around the block many many times every which way. If someone wants to get their money's worth, 695 for 5 days with Steve Toburen and his guys at a SFS seminar is their best bet. Not 500 dollars for a half hour of some girl's advice who was never down dirty in the trenches of total carpet cleaning like Steve was.
P.S. I really enjoy reading Steve's weekly Tuesday emails he sends out. That and the great advice you fellow TMF guys share with us is enough.

tom patnode

Premium VIP
Jun 8, 2008
San Diego
renaissance-carpet.com
Real Name
Tom Patnode
Larry I am glad you like SFS. Quite a few people here have went and totally thought it was worth going. I would also consider going if I had the time, I will set it as a goal for next year. Wish it were closer to me...
Your right, price wise SFS would be a wiser investment for most companies. The price she quoted was for personal one on one style marketing. You would not get Steve one on one to help you plan marketing and business cheap either.
I do think both like to teach and share. I have hung out talking with Lisa at her shop. She describes what they do and the history of different types of rugs I bring in. I have never met Steve but see he spends a lot of time on the boards sharing his experience also.
I would recommend to learn as much as you can from as many sources as you can. Just from what I have seen, Steve talks marketing. Lisa talks area rugs and marketing , more toward rugs even though she loves marketing.

LarryJones

Mar 12, 2012
Florida
Real Name
Larry Jones
Business Location
United States
Larry I am glad you like SFS. Quite a few people here have went and totally thought it was worth going. I would also consider going if I had the time, I will set it as a goal for next year. Wish it were closer to me...
Your right, price wise SFS would be a wiser investment for most companies. The price she quoted was for personal one on one style marketing. You would not get Steve one on one to help you plan marketing and business cheap either.
I do think both like to teach and share. I have hung out talking with Lisa at her shop. She describes what they do and the history of different types of rugs I bring in. I have never met Steve but see he spends a lot of time on the boards sharing his experience also.
I would recommend to learn as much as you can from as many sources as you can. Just from what I have seen, Steve talks marketing. Lisa talks area rugs and marketing , more toward rugs even though she loves marketing.
I wish her the best in Reno. And whoever goes should rent a car and take a ride up to beautiful Lake Tahoe after the seminar. You won't find a more magical place to retire than Lake Tahoe. Well worth the trip!

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
I have never paid Lisa $500 for a half hour of her time. I don't think I will in the future. But that does not rule out others who may see and receive great value in paying her that much. I don't doubt for one minute that she gets paid that much once in a while. I even had people pay my travel expenses plus $500 for 1 hour training. (At $500 for one hour, my fee is half of Lisa's price. So if you are looking for a bargain...)

I don't drink lattes, but I think Lisa's offer was very generous. Can't see why someone would deny the truthfulness of what she says about her fees or complain about her offer.

Steve has a nice class as well. Many years ago I attended SFS. As I recall, Steve actually taught most of the course back then. He has people for that now.

Woodfieldcr

Jul 17, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
Real Name
Cary Woodfield
Business Location
United States
Lisa, obviously some do not know you, to those of us from the sunny beaches of San Diego and Southern California we love and adore you. You will be awesome in your presention and worth every penny. If I were back in the cleaning business and wanted to clean rugs vs. sending them to your shop I would pay those fees because I know of your "awesomeness". Even from Utah I still refer business to your families plant, there is no one I trust more than you when it comes to high end, very expensive rugs.

Funny, most on here will say who is this yahoo, I have never heard of him either. I have know both you and Steve for longer than most people reading TMF have been cleaning carpet. Just because they have not heard of us, doesnt mean we do not know what we are talking about or that our services are not important to those we serve. We understand there are those willing to pay us fees most only dream about. I have had a blast traveling the world inspecting and fixing carpets for my clients, like you I have done things most cleaners only dream about.

Sorry I am not able to attend the event in Reno, we will be is SD this summer and would love to buy you a latte.