Any Tips And Tricks Using Unchained?

ACP

Water claws for urine are way over rated, they are made for actual floods.

A rotary has more weight (unless yoir standing on the claw), the spinning vac slots remove more moisture plus your flushing same time

I tested side x side with regular claw and the water injected one vs 360 and it wasn't even close

360 flushes better, leaves it drier, and your moving 10x faster than flooding small sections at a time.

Unchained works great for sub surface.

brian3180

Water claws for urine are way over rated, they are made for actual floods.

A rotary has more weight (unless yoir standing on the claw), the spinning vac slots remove more moisture plus your flushing same time

I tested side x side with regular claw and the water injected one vs 360 and it wasn't even close

360 flushes better, leaves it drier, and your moving 10x faster than flooding small sections at a time.

Unchained works great for sub surface.

Claw takes so long for subsurface extraction. How do you treat the areas before you drop the 360 on it? RTU unchained or diluted? Lately, on what I would consider borderline urine damage, I have been using unchained 1:1 and let dwell. Then, I prespray. Next, I clean. Kinda what the directions say.

OxiFreshGuy

You're going to learn that subsurface extractions are a waste of time and often lead to more headache.

The top pro guys here pretty much all agree on that fact.

ACP

Claw takes so long for subsurface extraction. How do you treat the areas before you drop the 360 on it? RTU unchained or diluted? Lately, on what I would consider borderline urine damage, I have been using unchained 1:1 and let dwell. Then, I prespray. Next, I clean. Kinda what the directions say.
It depends how bad but we did a really bad one yesterday.

If the customer has been soaking the carpet with soap you have to approach it a bit different.

We started by painting the entire carpet, spray jet close to floor (OSR not unchained, we were out) coated each room liberally.

We then CRB really slow to work in the product and pull all kinds of nasty wads out

Once that is done the OSR or unchained in worked in good and the pile is opened. Thats when we do 1 more spray of liquid alive or another zyme product, not as heavy.

Bring in rotary running acid rinse a little higher than usual and heat cranked to max on the machine.

Slow flushing passes, around 450psi... then multiple dry passes until the clear tube is completely dry.

Set fans and move onto next room. The key with these jobs is to flush a lot and leave it very very dry because the truth is if you pull that carpet there is still urine deep in the pad and any carpet cleaner who claims otherwise is full of shit. The idea is to improve the living conditions.

Our disclaimer says we aren't providing them 100% new clean carpet, the person is paying simply for us to remove as much urine as possible from the home and we don't give any guarantees.

This one was yesterday, 3.5 rooms and 6 stairs $779.

People will pay that if you bring the big equipment and do a great job. Husband was convinced he was going to rent a machine and "do it himself" lol wife said hell no
Screenshot_20200811-124422_Housecall%20Pro.jpg

ACP

You're going to learn that subsurface extractions are a waste of time and often lead to more headache.

The top pro guys here pretty much all agree on that fact.
I somewhat agree, you need to get product deeper in the carpet/pad than normal pre spraying but flooding with buckets and using a claw is a waste of time.

ACP

Agreed, I use the TRex now and it kicks the ever loving shit out of the rotovac
They are both good the t rex is a bit better but its a mytee product so personally I would never buy one. I've had many thousands of $ of mytee products and they were cheap af, didn't hold up at all. 2 uph tools, spinner, shelves etc.

The extractors are very solid and the t rex I have heard is good.

I would replace the 360 but it only comes out for urine jobs, I would never torture myself cleaning with a rotary on every job its way too slow

OxiFreshGuy

They are both good the t rex is a bit better but its a mytee product so personally I would never buy one. I've had many thousands of $ of mytee products and they were cheap af, didn't hold up at all. 2 uph tools, spinner, shelves etc.

The extractors are very solid and the t rex I have heard is good.

I would replace the 360 but it only comes out for urine jobs, I would never torture myself cleaning with a rotary on every job its way too slow

I can personally vouch as far as the Trex goes it seems to be of higher quality than the Rotovacs.

Reactions: ACP

Welcome

Welcome to the best carpet cleaning forum in the world!

Support

If you are in need of support, please use the live chat on the store for fast responses.