Any other tricks for Gum or Candy? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Any other tricks for Gum or Candy?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Not sure what was different about this gum...

Apartment complex carpet, polyester, you know the usual...

This friggin gum, I tried scraping it off, hot iron and scraping, then freezing it off with Glacier spray.

Just couldn't get it all out. Up to that point had 100% success rate. Even tried my solvent gel on it. Got it reduced by about 50% but it reached a point of no mas.

Any other tricks in your bag?

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
Wd40
I spray into the lid and dribble a little on and then use the bottom of the can to scrape it out....

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
There was a guy shared a video deep in these threads going back years. He just uses a jet and hot water to cut it from the fibers. While holding hose cuff in front of it catching pieces and over spray.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
There was a guy shared a video deep in these threads going back years. He just uses a jet and hot water to cut it from the fibers. While holding hose cuff in front of it catching pieces and over spray.

I think that was @Ken Raddon

Reactions: keep it clean

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Goo-gone has always worked well for me. Citrus solve also

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
citrus gel and time and heat. Also a company called Kellco in Springfield, MA sells something called Orange Magic. That stuff will strip grease off a tractor. Melts gum pretty quick. Aldo a great general cleaner when diluted.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
on some of those apts.
if you know what you are doing and the carpet isnt too costly you can cut it out with a blade if its on the surface....

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
citrus gel and time and heat. Also a company called Kellco in Springfield, MA sells something called Orange Magic. That stuff will strip grease off a tractor. Melts gum pretty quick. Aldo a great general cleaner when diluted.
Do you have a link to it? I tried to google it and got several listings.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Do you have a link to it? I tried to google it and got several listings.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
Yup that's the stuff. Found it last minute one day when we had to do at least 100 gum spots in a bowling alley. Used it ever since.

Reactions: PistolPete