Any opinions on these three Prochem units?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Titan 575 gives you all the power you would ever need plus it runs 250 degrees all day long with an 8 flow wide open, and it gives you the smaller footprint your wanting, plus the moneys right on them, hydramasters warranty and service absolutley destroys lengend brands hands down. Doesnt matter if the machines warrantied for 2 years if they want to take a week or two for their warranty process to get you the part.
Everything stated above is coming from someone that has these machines in the field every day working

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Hows servic going with the saphire takeover of prochem?????.
Not sure if its different for prochem (id bet its not) but saphire sucks i had a minor issue with a bypass cooler, they said it was going to take atleast a week to get a warrantied part, ended up buying the part at auto zone that day to get back up and running. Guy at saphire couldnt seem to understand or didnt care that i didnt want my 30+ thousand dollar machine that had 50 hours on it to be out of commision for a week while they decided if the part was warrantied or not.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Heres a not so glaring result with the everest
Apr 25, 2013
Can't speak for the Titan but my 07 Everest 650 has giving me ALOT of heat related issues. From the start it overheated and I'd have to wait for it to cool down to restart. Long story short, it was a clogged catylitic converter. No code thrown so it took 4 years to diagnose properly. I now keep a box fan in the cab blowing at the belts and cat. I also keep one blowing on the radiator. My next van will be a pto.

But that was 2007 model

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Heres a not so glaring result with the everest
Apr 25, 2013
Can't speak for the Titan but my 07 Everest 650 has giving me ALOT of heat related issues. From the start it overheated and I'd have to wait for it to cool down to restart. Long story short, it was a clogged catylitic converter. No code thrown so it took 4 years to diagnose properly. I now keep a box fan in the cab blowing at the belts and cat. I also keep one blowing on the radiator. My next van will be a pto.

But that was 2007 model
I think they had some issues in the beginning but im pretty sure the bugs have been worked out with them now, i think the everests are solid machines. But i feel like once he got that monster installed he wouldnt have much room for anything else. Plus its one of the most expensive machines out there. He would spend considerably less and have a whole lot more space and wouldnt have to sacrifice power or heat with a 575,
Some people have suggested the apex... while it would be a good fit for the power aspect, its about the same size as an everest so space would be an issue still

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Yes, The Hog is quite a big and you have to be careful not to tear carpeting out And, you know that saying about screaming wand, by employing Everest, wand be screaming all day long, even at 350 ". On serious note, if you decided for Prochem line, do some more research on Apex, I believe that it would be sufficient for your line-up of empties, smaller foot print. With Everest, you start it, do the work, lube the blower, cool the engine, repeat for years to come, As you imagine, 3600 Rpm will like to sip more gas. I feel that trying to steer you away prom Prochem is senseless, so Prochem it is. I worked with one for 5 years. Oil change, clean the filters( a lot of them), had change nothing, but float in the hot box( plasticky) and you have to watch demand pump is not running dry too often. By time you get to change belts, you'll be turning 80. What, only in a few years? Judging from your avatar, your getting there, haha..
I am 55 but I can still run pretty fast , I have no health problems at all yet

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I like simple wand as well, I have a few 2 jetters. Just recently I did take down my PCTI 6 jet I was going to trade with Rob for some of his goodies. Since he didn't bite, I fell in love with that wand, again. Almost 10 lb, but I have to build some biceps for a show, so customers won't be " accusing" me that I'm in shape for no reason, right
most of us carpet cleans sport good guns anyway !

manbearpig

Mar 17, 2017
Real Name
Mike Pollock
Mine too. So far maintenance has cost $0 for the first 18 months
Hows servic going with the saphire takeover of prochem?????.
So far, so good. First one has 1500 hours, no issues. Second one only has 200 hours...came in with a defective heat exchanger which prevented it from turning below 500 psi. Once I took it to a better truck mount mechanic, he identified it and it was covered under warranty with no issues.

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Jeff, you don't need a big machine, do ya, really? Do you just have to experience it or what? I get that. But, you don't need a biggie man. Or do ya?

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
What about direct drive prochem??
Small footprint
They dont make those anymore do they? I remeber they made a hydraulic one for a short time that had several issues. Pro1200 maybe?

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
If you are only going to single wand, go legend. If you are going for the long run. I say from mechanics point of view. The Everest works great, my thoughts are I'm not a big fan of dual overhead cam engines in carpet cleaning machines. Interference engine that you are soppose to change the timing belt every 2500 hrs. Cost around 1k depending on your location.
The apex still liquid cooled, no over head cam. Longer engine life than the Kohler. If you need dual wands, you can. But if you are going to trade in every 4 to 5 yrs then then legend if taken care of properly will do the job well.

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
If you are only going to single wand, go legend. If you are going for the long run. I say from mechanics point of view. The Everest works great, my thoughts are I'm not a big fan of dual overhead cam engines in carpet cleaning machines. Interference engine that you are soppose to change the timing belt every 2500 hrs. Cost around 1k depending on your location.
The apex still liquid cooled, no over head cam. Longer engine life than the Kohler. If you need dual wands, you can. But if you are going to trade in every 4 to 5 yrs then then legend if taken care of properly will do the job well.
I'll repeat myself, not a Legend, please. Jeff has a few portable units already.