Any old school guys on here from Performance Truckmounts doing water injection? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Any old school guys on here from Performance Truckmounts doing water injection?

Steam It.

Aug 24, 2008
New Braunfels
Real Name
Don Heto
A Long time ago I played around with water injection into my blower to increase CFM and HG. Had some good success and blower had no adverse effects. But I never ran much more than a mist and would cut off water about 10 min before finishing job to completely dry out blower and silencer. Then would run some oil at end of day. Thinking about trying it out again and wondering if anyone else can advice of there set up? Like to know how many GPM your using, nozzel size and pressure? Got an older 47 blower and she is tired so the water will help make a seal around the lobes. Performance Truckmounts and a company out of Utah were doing it 15-20 years ago but a lot of people locked up blowers not knowing what they were doing.

The Cleaning Artist

Jun 20, 2008
Fl
Our machines (SteamAction) have water injection and are over 20yrs old.

Reactions: Steam It.

The Cleaning Artist

Jun 20, 2008
Fl
The water serves 1 purpose and that is to cool the blower

Steam It.

Aug 24, 2008
New Braunfels
Real Name
Don Heto
Seems like Steam Action used a special blower that was designed with larger tolerances specifically for injection. My blower is worn out so probably about right now. Lol

The Cleaning Artist

Jun 20, 2008
Fl
Nothing special about the blowers

The Cleaning Artist

Jun 20, 2008
Fl
The water is controlled by temperature. They run @ 21hg on our machines with a 4007 blower and a 6008 blower. You will need plenty of hp and the wastetank needs to be able to handle the additional vacuum. If I remember Rich was the performance truckmount guy. That was 15yrs ago

Steam It.

Aug 24, 2008
New Braunfels
Real Name
Don Heto
21HG... I am seriously jealous. I have a a Performance Truckmount waste tank for 6008 blower that is bad ass. I am only seeing about 15HG max but machine has been abused detailing 20 + cars a day since 2005. Thank you for reply. Would love to see a few pics and learn more about it. Wonder if Steam Action would sell me what I need but sounds complex. Got a 37 Hp Kohler waiting in the garage I could mount as well. Thank you again for info.

The Cleaning Artist

Jun 20, 2008
Fl
37hp for a 6008 blower is not enough for 20 or 21hg. It's a pretty simple set up with over the counter parts. A temp switchgauge, solenoid valve and some plumbing. When the exhaust of the blower reaches max temp the water comes on and cools the blower. As the temp drops it turns off.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Steam It.

Aug 24, 2008
New Braunfels
Real Name
Don Heto
37hp for a 6008 blower is not enough for 20 or 21hg. It's a pretty simple set up with over the counter parts. A temp switchgauge, solenoid valve and some plumbing. When the exhaust of the blower reaches max temp the water comes on and cools the blower. As the temp drops it turns off.
Yes sir. I am only running a 47 blower and would be very happy just getting back to 16-17 HG again. Hope to pick back up some cfm as well. I can just tell my car lot machine is weaker than my commercial/house machine they are Twinkie's but car lot machine has thousands of hours on it. 14 years old 8-12 hour days 5 days a week. Other machine has about 1,300 hours and feels strong.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
yes steamaction runs some mist-water through there blowers..
dont think they are special blowers.....

advantages:
- surprised to see at least a 20-30% increase in vacuum...
at least that was my initial testing at the hose
was actually extremely surprised....
- looked easy to do....
- they dont have a patent on it ...as apparently they werent the first to come up with this idea.....

disadvantages:
- steam action had stainless mufflers(the one i saw)-loud
- with a regular silencer...you will have water going into the silencer and rust will occur....
even with a water drain on the silencer - they have all kinds of baffles that trap water and almost impossible to drain....

The Cleaning Artist

Jun 20, 2008
Fl
SA did have a patent on it but I think it has expired. We have had to replace our silencer (not installed by SA) and it's time again. Not bad for 20yrs old and 30+ thousand hrs and prob closer to 50. Not too many other machines out there that old and still working everyday.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
SA did have a patent on it but I think it has expired. We have had to replace our silencer (not installed by SA) and it's time again. Not bad for 20yrs old and 30+ thousand hrs and prob closer to 50. Not too many other machines out there that old and still working everyday.
what size blower does it have???

how long did his blowers last?????

Steam It.

Aug 24, 2008
New Braunfels
Real Name
Don Heto
So would you happen to have an idea of how much water the blower gets on average per hour? Is it a separate pump or does it suck in what it needs? I called SA and left a msg to see if they sell a aftermarket kit. Got a few ideas but your experience and knowledge is appreciated. Thank you.

The Cleaning Artist

Jun 20, 2008
Fl
They place a jet, maybe 6501 in the inlet and the vacuum pulls the water. That jet is plumbed from a 0-5 meter and you can set it from 3 to 5 or I do anyways.

The Cleaning Artist

Jun 20, 2008
Fl
4007 and 6008.

Steam It.

Aug 24, 2008
New Braunfels
Real Name
Don Heto
They place a jet, maybe 6501 in the inlet and the vacuum pulls the water. That jet is plumbed from a 0-5 meter and you can set it from 3 to 5 or I do anyways.
Thank you. I played with it today and simply dropped a line in a bucket of water that had a mister nozzel to regulate flow other end is right before blower as a oil port. Sucked about 1.5 gallons in just over an hour. HG went up because knuckle valve has screaming more than usual but didn't get much more CFM. Think I need a bigger nozzel. No water or even moisture came from silencer. Really appreciate your help.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
As has already been stated, Steam Action has water injection on their blowers. For whatever it's worth, Amtex Equipment also has a TM that has more then water injection going into their blower, but all the waste water goes through it in their Prowler model. No waste tank, vacuums up the water and it all goes thought the blower. While I'm not a fan of Amtex Equipment machines, the Prowler is/was the least problematic of all the models I was aware of at the time.

NickNZ

Jul 14, 2016
Real Name
Nick Kelly
The water is controlled by temperature. They run @ 21hg on our machines with a 4007 blower and a 6008 blower. You will need plenty of hp and the wastetank needs to be able to handle the additional vacuum. If I remember Rich was the performance truckmount guy. That was 15yrs ago
How overdriven is your blower to get that many hg ? does it also increase the cfm by much from running at the manufacturers specs?