Any no odor presprays?

Richard Baldwin

Premium VIP
Sep 5, 2008
Ontario
www.expertcarpet-care.com
Real Name
Richard Baldwin
Customer is willing to pay a premium to have a organic, no odor type cleaner. Any such thing?

Their home is very clean to begin with so I am not dealing with a lot of dirt or wear. She will only clean with vinegar.

In fact she had me out yesterday and since I had no such cleaner, I just used hot water.

Any ideas?
Clean free or Enviro x? Odorless, non toxic, detergent free. You could drink the stuff. How can she complain?

Simply Clean QC

Mar 19, 2014
Illinois / Iowa
www.sabyltech.com
Real Name
Nate Howard
Business Location
United States
You're delirious if you believe the "Green" movement is a trend that will go away anytime soon.You would be wise to offer some sort of Green alternative. A true "cleaning professional" offers their customers effective options to harsh chemicals.

I was half-heartedly joking. My point is that a true "cleaning professional" doesn't leave any "harsh chemicals" behind in the first place. I fail to understand why handicapping our methods of providing the cleanest carpet possible is a good thing. As many "green cleaners" as I've seen come and go over the years, their scare tactics still seem to live on....

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
Water is odorless, organic, and at high heats, meets one of the cleaning principals (T.A.C.T.) Here's what I would do: Go to van, dig around the back of it for a few minutes (pretend you're looking for a magic wand and fairy dust, you might as well be), turn off chemical feed, return to home, clean... slower than usual if you want... but really sell it, charge regular rates, and dictate on the ticket "cleaned per customer's guidelines"... u know, so when a spot doesn't come out you can charge for the call out to come hit it with a "chemical" *gasp*.

Relax green guys, I know there's stuff that works.... kinda. I'll just be glad when this trend finally dies, and we can get back to being the "cleaning professional" that's standing in the room. We know how a carpet needs to be treated, and if we don't.... we shouldn't be cleaning them for a living. I love a customer that wants a "clean carpet", but wants to tell me how to practice our craft at the same time, because she saw something on Dr. Oz about it.
You're delirious if you believe the "Green" movement is a trend that will go away anytime soon.You would be wise to offer some sort of Green alternative. A true "cleaning professional" offers their customers effective options to harsh chemicals.

I agree with both of you guys on this one. The green lovers are rediculous and we know it. Except for Mojo, he's the God of green, so don't make him mad.

On a serious note, clean free is some pretty good stuff, from what I've read and the few jobs that I've done so far.

And @Citrox1 ....You are totally correct on this, but when a customer tells us how to do our job, we need to remind them that we are the professionals and due to the many restrictions that our cleaning solution suppliers have, all of our Residential cleaning supplies are safe. We need to reassure them that we aren't using chemicals that come from an auto parts store, we are using chemicals that are made for a residential carpet that is non toxic and is made to rinse out.

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
Dont use the word "chemicials" ... we all want use the the term cleaning solutions ... say it with me ... cleaning solutions.
I hear a p.s. reply coming from somebody soon enough.

Haha I am always thinking this too. Customers love to call it chemicals and I always correct them and call them soap or cleaning solutions as well.

Citrox1

Sep 29, 2011
Pa
Real Name
JB
Business Location
United States
And @Citrox1 ....You are totally correct on this, but when a customer tells us how to do our job, we need to remind them that we are the professionals and due to the many restrictions that our cleaning solution suppliers have, all of our Residential cleaning supplies are safe. We need to reassure them that we aren't using chemicals that come from an auto parts store, we are using chemicals that are made for a residential carpet that is non toxic and is made to rinse out.

I agree, from a pure psychological standpoint customers must believe we are using cleaners they cannot go buy at Walmart themselves.However you're not going to find green cleaners like Procyon anywhere but from a professional source.

We also need to understand that not all of our cleaning agents are safe for everyone.Asthmatics, or those with other lung issues can be highly sensitive to even the sslightestodor. I'm not asthmatic, but I know if I enter a room with a woman that has a bit too much perfume on my lungs close up faster than a Virgin on Prom night.

I think the person the cleaner should worry the most about is himself. The cleaner is the one subjected to any potential harmful effects on a daily basis.I know a lot of cleaners on here who have complained about headaches, sore throat, breathing issues, etc... when using some of the harsher chemicals all day.