Any Milwaukee, WI carpet cleaners?

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
Im in Appleton but if your looking for a good carpet cleaner in Milwaukee, I got a name for you.
Thanks. I am from Milwaukee originally, but I have been living in Portland for about 10 years.

Carpet cleaning for about 9 months now, and I really like it. Oregon's governor destroyed my food service business downtown, so I switched to a home service business.

I am planning on moving back to Milwaukee to be near family, and escape the liberal waste land of Portland.

I don't feel any drive to build a business in a west coast city, and I am getting older (32 in December). I want to return home and begin building a real business and family of my own.

Things that concern me about the Milwaukee carpet cleaning market:

1. Winter...
2. Cheaper customers (lower property values)

Things I like about the Milwaukee market:

1. Cheaper clicks (Google Ads)
2. It's a big enough city
3. It's my home town.

I would love some feedback from fellow Wisconsinites and carpet cleaners.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Things that concern me about the Milwaukee carpet cleaning market:

1. Winter...
2. Cheaper customers (lower property values)

Things I like about the Milwaukee market:

1. Cheaper clicks (Google Ads)
2. It's a big enough city
3. It's my home town.
Lets take the first one: Winter. Setup and takedown are the only things that change in the cleaning process. That and you either have to have a warm place to store your equipment or have a heater in your truck (prefer a heated garage) I clean unless temps go to below zero or they close schools due to weather

Cheaper customers. What? YOU choose your customer base and then market to that type of customer.

Cheaper Clicks? Why pay to advertise? Drop me in ANY city in the country and I can drum up business right quick. People buy from people. Go to Realtors, carpet stores, anyone that can refer you business.

Home town! Great! then you know people there and (like I said) people buy from people, not ads.

Look at it this way.....Target your customer and go after them (you are in control) OR just put out ads and let the customers target you (they are in control) Its up to you.

Reactions: pgcleaner

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
I love Google Ads. If you do it right it's almost instantaneously profitable.

Did you know that there are about 4000 people searching Google to hire a carpet cleaner per month in the city of Milwaukee?

The fact is that when people search Google for a service, it's because they are intent on buying.

Why wouldn't a company want to get in front of high intent customers that are looking for exactly what you offer?

In my opinion, not having a Google Ads campaign is a bad idea.

The catch is that if you do it wrong, it will be a money pit.

Just my opinion.